+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Live Bristol riots

Re: Live Bristol riots

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    5%....you clearly didn’t follow us away in the 80’s or 90’s. Possibly 10% normal fans and 90% nutters
    I’ve followed City home and away pal on and off since 75. I’ve seen it all. I was more referring to home games. It’s a given that all the nutters went to away games. Mind you, half of the firms in those days had large elements that didn’t really want to do it, but were sucked in, enjoyed the feeling of belonging, and relied on safety in numbers.
    Just like the arseholes causing bother yesterday, they’d have shit yellow if they’d found themselves all alone.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’ve followed City home and away pal on and off since 75. I’ve seen it all. I was more referring to home games. It’s a given that all the nutters went to away games. Mind you, half of the firms in those days had large elements that didn’t really want to do it, but were sucked in, enjoyed the feeling of belonging, and relied on safety in numbers.
    Just like the arseholes causing bother yesterday, they’d have shit yellow if they’d found themselves all alone.
    80s , 90s and through much of hammams time , a lot of nutters

Nowadays less so due to cctv but before covid there was still a sizeable hard core of city fans who liked a row

Football violence is now dead following covid

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    5%....you clearly didn’t follow us away in the 80’s or 90’s. Possibly 10% normal fans and 90% nutters
    even them 10% normal fans would have a drink and enjoy the day out

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Surprisingly, no looting reported as yet. With non-essential shops shut there must be a large pent-up demand for expensive trainers surely.
    Sports Direct well boarded up otherwise it could have got ugly ,bloody right wing protests.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sports Direct well boarded up otherwise it could have got ugly ,bloody right wing protests.
    Ah, that explains it. An opportunity for a new pair of trainers for free thwarted there then. Maybe no TV shops in the vicinity either, otherwise a great opportunity to possess the latest 55" TV.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    even them 10% normal fans would have a drink and enjoy the day out
    Sometimes it was the ones who weren’t dressed in the casual clobber who appeared to be the most insane.....just a normal looking person in a city top ( which was actually a rare sight back in the day)

saw this earlier this evening

Chief Constable of Avon and Somerset Police, Andy Marsh, now says there were not broken bones or punctured lungs.

"Regarding last night's operation to disperse protestors on College Green he said the use of force was "appropriate" (there is footage of officers punching and dragging protestors)."

https://twitter.com/SimsonPete/statu...95796541640704 and https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-back-23798401