+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mozza’s injury

Mozza’s injury

Anyone who thinks that this bloke isnt fully committed to the City cause and doubts his determination or will to win, should read this article and look at the picture. Played 90 minutes plus with that. Unbelievable.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rison-20223995

Re: Mozza’s injury

Fair play to Mozza. Reminds me of the old days when players used to play injured or not.Alan Warboys and his strapped up thigh comes to mind immediately.
    Suspect they paid for it in later life though.

I watched the 1966 World Cup Final again a few months ago and I had almost forgotten that substitutes weren't allowed in those days even in respect of injuries and pitches were often deep in mud in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Fair play to Mozza. Reminds me of the old days when players used to play injured or not.Alan Warboys and his strapped up thigh comes to mind immediately.
    Suspect they paid for it in later life though.
    Cortisone injections were commonplace back then.
    I recall Peter Osgood saying that he couldn't train in the week through injury but come Saturday a quick jab and off you go.

Fair play to Morrison, even though it could be argued he gets paid handsomely, I doubt many modern day footballers would play with such a nasty blister.

Thankfully he has a bit of time to recover due to the international break.
    Unless he gets a late call from Southgate that is

He's passed Hudson as my favourite centre back/captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I watched the 1966 World Cup Final again a few months ago and I had almost forgotten that substitutes weren't allowed in those days even in respect of injuries and pitches were often deep in mud in winter.
    Trenchfoot was rife in the EFL back in the day.

You try telling younger generation that, they won't believe ya!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I can remember a City game at Ninian Park, where our centre half could hardly walk, but Jimmy Scoular told him to stay on the pitch, on the half way line.
    One to occupy a defender and two, so he couldn't be offside, as the poor f ucker couldn't move

But you didn't question Scoular

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    He's passed Hudson as my favourite centre back/captain.
    Same here.

Sean Morrison is Mr Cardiff City.

Always gives his all, game in, game out.

Unlike some, who simply don’t look bothered and lack commitment.

Oh, and he’s got great hair!

That's a blister that has popped, really nasty and taken a couple of layers of skin by the looks of it. What boots is he wearing for that to happen?

For all the stick Solskjaer gets on here - and rightly so he was awful,

The centre back pairing of Morrison and Manga was inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's a blister that has popped, really nasty and taken a couple of layers of skin by the looks of it. What boots is he wearing for that to happen?
    My thoughts exactly. Breaking in new boots (but they're like carpet slippers these days) or an ill-fitting pair (unlikely, surely)?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Breaking in new boots (but they're like carpet slippers these days) or an ill-fitting pair (unlikely, surely)?
    Same thinking. It looks horrendous, but something has been rubbing on the heel for that to happen.

The result of non essential shops being shut, can’t try new shoes on when DPD are delivering. He could be a victim of the trousers above the ankle without socks that seems to be in fashion at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The result of non essential shops being shut, can’t try new shoes on when DPD are delivering. He could be a victim of the trousers above the ankle without socks that seems to be in fashion at the moment.
    When i was growing up, that look you described was known as '****ing Skint'

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    When i was growing up, that look you described was known as '****ing Skint'
    I could imagine my old man’s views on jeans with massive rips in them being accepted as high fashion. He’d be offering the wearers a few bob to get a decent pair

I could imagine my old man’s views on jeans with massive rips in them being accepted as high fashion. He’d be offering the wearers a few bob to get a decent pair
    Quality

One of the great Bluebirds

just showed the picture to my 13yr old daughter who when we last played just before Christmas had a blister on her heel ( from a new pair of boots ) it was the size of her little fingers nail, she moaned and limped around all weekend

she will not moan again she will

Becoming a City legend, perhaps our best center half of the modern era, seems to be in a better place under McCarthy than Harris

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

They probably wouldn't believe Beckenbauer playing with his arm strapped up.
    Beckenbauer.jpg
    Butcher playing with a slight cut on his head.
    Butcher.jpg
    Different game today, quite rightly.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    They probably wouldn't believe Beckenbauer playing with his arm strapped up.
    Beckenbauer.jpg
    Butcher playing with a slight cut on his head.
    Butcher.jpg
    Different game today, quite rightly.
    Absolutely crazy, especially the Beckenbauer pic.

Indeed it is a completely different game.

I'm sure many of us remember the Butcher injury, I think I am right in saying he wouldn't come off.
    Can you imagine the outrage of that happening now?

When men were real men

Ripped jeans are considered to be a sign of 'moral turpitude' by some people in the Indian sub-continent

'https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-56453929

By the way, I remember a question I had to answer on an application form for a USA Diplomatic Visa eight years ago; it was about whether I had been found guilty of a crime of 'moral turpitude', something I had to look up.

Ripped jeans are considered to be a sign of 'moral turpitude' by some people in the Indian sub-continent

'https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-56453929

By the way, I remember a question I had to answer on an application form for a USA Diplomatic Visa eight years ago; it was about whether I had been found guilty of a crime of 'moral turpitude', something I had to look up.
    I sometimes think you must have Spaghetti Letters for breakfast!