+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Having the stick/dap in school

Having the stick/dap in school

What was the most petty 'crime' you committed in school for which you received the stick/dap or the like ?

For me it was only getting 15 out of 20 questions right in an ad hoc geography test. The teacher told us anyone getting less than 17 would get the stick and he was true to his word.

Secondly, me and a schoolmate committed the heinous crime of running down a school corridor to get to the next lesson.

Life was brutal then !

Re: Having the stick/dap in school

Doing my laces up.

Mr Angle(real name!) my geometry teacher had a hell of a swing on him when he was giving out the dap. Had it a few times off him, probably for not listening. Bloody hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    What was the most petty 'crime' you committed in school for which you received the stick/dap or the like ?

For me it was only getting 15 out of 20 questions right in an ad hoc geography test. The teacher told us anyone getting less than 17 would get the stick and he was true to his word.

Secondly, me and a schoolmate committed the heinous crime of running down a school corridor to get to the next lesson.

Life was brutal then !
    That teacher would get 12 months behind bars at least in our current insane society

Stealing 70p from the church congregation collection, the school was attached to the church. Pinching a box of smiths crisps from the tuck shock stock room. Climbing on the school roof and pinching an almost brand new Adidas Tango football. Putting a grass snake in Lisa roberts draw. Bringing a baby crow to school and hiding him in the toilets. And that was just junior school. In high school i was caned twice, in my first year, it was banned for the second year, my crimes were pea shooting the French Teacher, proper shot, right between the eyes, it didn't help when she pretended to be concussed The other incident was for fighting in Woodwork. Suspended countless times, thrown out at fifteen. I was a disaster in school.

We had a sadistic load of Brothers (failed priests), pretending to be teachers in St Illtyds.

One, Brother Luke, would walk up and down between the desks and if you were doing a sum wrong, would lash the back of your hand with a leather strap.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We had a sadistic load of Brothers (failed priests), pretending to be teachers in St Illtyds.

One, Brother Luke, would walk up and down between the desks and if you were doing a sum wrong, would lash the back of your hand with a leather strap.
    I was taught by Nuns. ****ing horrible *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I was taught by Nuns. ****ing horrible *****.
    I've never seen a Nun's ****, to know if it's horrible or not

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I've never seen a Nun's ****, to know if it's horrible or not
    Probably dry and crusty, like them.

I got the cane for booing the dinner lady

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Dinner ladies were a bit nasty, so i'm with you on that one. Usually a pupils mum or Auntie, preferential treatment when the desert was dished out.

Did you really frighten her ?

Was the food that bad,a complaint would have been better

I once got 'booked' in the Air Cadets for breaking wind when everyone was saluting a photo of the Queen.

Stealing 70p from the church congregation collection, the school was attached to the church. Pinching a box of smiths crisps from the tuck shock stock room. Climbing on the school roof and pinching an almost brand new Adidas Tango football. Putting a grass snake in Lisa roberts draw. Bringing a baby crow to school and hiding him in the toilets. And that was just junior school. In high school i was caned twice, in my first year, it was banned for the second year, my crimes were pea shooting the French Teacher, proper shot, right between the eyes, it didn't help when she pretended to be concussed The other incident was for fighting in Woodwork. Suspended countless times, thrown out at fifteen. I was a disaster in school.

Definitely not the Messiah, you were a very naughty boy !

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Definitely not the Messiah, you were a very naughty boy !
    I was. Obviously something not right with me, disruptive and didn't really understand rules. I'd be diagnosed with something now, i was a little bastard.

Amazing to think nowadays that we were caned in junior school aged 7-11. Caned on numerous occasions in senior school but the open handed slap on the arse by Frank Callus was, looking back, the most perverted punishment. Callus was a horror and bully of the highest order meting out his trademark punishment for things such as talking on the stairs or walking down on the right hand side instead of the left hand side!!!!

Dinner ladies were a bit nasty, so i'm with you on that one. Usually a pupils mum or Auntie, preferential treatment when the desert was dished out.
    Dinner ladies were scary. We had the classic 18 stone one with one eye, could never tell who she was looking at when shouting which only made her more angry. She had a permanently beetroot face

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Amazing to think nowadays that we were caned in junior school aged 7-11. Caned on numerous occasions in senior school but the open handed slap on the arse by Frank Callus was, looking back, the most perverted punishment. Callus was a horror and bully of the highest order meting out his trademark punishment for things such as talking on the stairs or walking down on the right hand side instead of the left hand side!!!!
    He was my form tutor at Lliswerry High in Newport.
    Horrible fooker, used to pick you up by the ear.

Never got the dap or cane but did once get punched on the shoulder by the Chemistry teacher when I didn't hear him come inat the start of the lesson. Didn't help later in the same lesson when I broke one of the new bits of expensive glass tubes when I wound the clamp too hard!! Luckily he just gave a verbal blasting that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    He was my form tutor at Lliswerry High in Newport.
    Horrible fooker, used to pick you up by the ear.
    I thought he was just St Peter’s & Lady Mary.

That's a name I haven't heard for many moons. My mates went to Lady Mary and they told me he was a bit of a beast.

We had our own version in Llanrumney High. His name was Gary Reid and he was hard bast**d. You could put up with the cane from most of the teachers but you did not want to be sent to Gary.

I remember all the boys in our class had the cane after our form teacher ran out of the class crying. Someone chalked on the blackboard `Miss Owen is a Lesbian' Turns out it was one of the girls.

I can recall having the cane at 5 or 6 in the old South Church Street school down the docks

did nothing and got a titty twister that left a huge bruise....phuck you mr williams.