+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    It's all a bluff - as was Kate's defection to normal coppering in MIT because of being hacked off with Ted's inappropriate behaviour. In the fullness of time, it will transpire that this was a double bluff to get her into MIT - the double bluff being that she told her DI that she had been in AC12 - mark my words. Ted will be sucking diesel before long too.
    That's how I read Kate's situation but if you, me and possibly millions of others think the same it can't possibly be right can it ? Too obvious and I'm a rubbish sleuth at the best if times. If it is true, Ted and Kate must have a good reason for keeping Steve out of the loop, unless he's a suspect too. Tune in same time next week !

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    That's how I read Kate's situation but if you, me and possibly millions of others think the same it can't possibly be right can it ? Too obvious and I'm a rubbish sleuth at the best if times. If it is true, Ted and Kate must have a good reason for keeping Steve out of the loop, unless he's a suspect too. Tune in same time next week !

After the touchy-feely hands bit, is there going to be a bit of one-on-one, between Kate and her boss (yes please)

Weird isn't it that 9 million views is a lot these days, whereas back in the 80s it's have been a lot more than that.

Also weird that some people cocking around on computer games get millions more views than that

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Weird isn't it that 9 million views is a lot these days, whereas back in the 80s it's have been a lot more than that.

Also weird that some people cocking around on computer games get millions more views than that
    Sky TV and all that bollocks

One day the BBC will be gone and we will have no option but to pay for that shite

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

So much more option these days, all the channels plus amazon prime, apple TV, Netflix etc

Just watched the 2nd episode of the latest series, hoping it would improve. Got to say the acting, the dialogue, the 'plot' - all way below the standard now available on Netflix etc. Compared to something like The Queen's Gambit it looks like something Channel 5 would put on in the afternoon. The BBC have plugged this enormously but it's poor, like so much of the stuff on there. £150 to watch the news !

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Just watched the 2nd episode of the latest series, hoping it would improve. Got to say the acting, the dialogue, the 'plot' - all way below the standard now available on Netflix etc. Compared to something like The Queen's Gambit it looks like something Channel 5 would put on in the afternoon. The BBC have plugged this enormously but it's poor, like so much of the stuff on there. £150 to watch the news !
    I agree, I am a fan of the series generally but this one is slow. Obviously lots of sub plots appearing , as happens with LoD. But I do think as you say the standard is now below other series, like Queen's Gambit etc. It looks like a series that has gone one series too far. And the actress playing the DCI, Kelly McDonald, I think is really poor. Still there is time to get better, we 'll probably be surprised over the next few weeks but I guarantee it will have a weak ending like to one with Thandie Newton. Where Ted says to her 'I put it to you that you.....' and she answered 'Yes I did'. The End.

I really enjoyed it. I don't think it is up there with things like the queen's gambit etc but I don't think it ever has been that sort of level. Just a decent entertaining Sunday night show to have on.

The best series was the one with Keeley Hawes as Denton. Pity she got killed off as her character had plenty of mileage in it. This latest series is slow by comparison but, as often happens, it may be a slow burner.

Missus watched it, I didn’t, gave it an hour last week but annoyed her playing a game of guess what the acronym means.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The best series was the one with Keeley Hawes as Denton. Pity she got killed off as her character had plenty of mileage in it. This latest series is slow by comparison but, as often happens, it may be a slow burner.

They had to kill Keeley off, because she is in everything else

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I agree, I am a fan of the series generally but this one is slow. Obviously lots of sub plots appearing , as happens with LoD. But I do think as you say the standard is now below other series, like Queen's Gambit etc. It looks like a series that has gone one series too far. And the actress playing the DCI, Kelly McDonald, I think is really poor. Still there is time to get better, we 'll probably be surprised over the next few weeks but I guarantee it will have a weak ending like to one with Thandie Newton. Where Ted says to her 'I put it to you that you.....' and she answered 'Yes I did'. The End.
    Oh, Thanks !!!!

Its okay , feel its a series too far , early stuff was very good especially the Keeley Hawes era , their is too much staring and posturing going on for me , in my humble opinion its not as good as Unforgotten with the ever excellent Nicola Walker and Sanjeev Bhaskar

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its okay , feel its a series too far , early stuff was very good especially the Keeley Hawes era , their is too much staring and posturing going on for me , in my humble opinion its not as good as Unforgotten with the ever excellent Nicola Walker and Sanjeev Bhaskar
    Agreed Unforgotten seems better. Was contacted by Amazon about 6 months ago strongly marketing two books by Jed Mercurio.
    I purchased both and they were both rubbish.
    A lot of series (such as Badlands) clearly written with another series in mind so the ending purposely leave you in limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Agreed Unforgotten seems better. Was contacted by Amazon about 6 months ago strongly marketing two books by Jed Mercurio.
    I purchased both and they were both rubbish.
    A lot of series (such as Badlands) clearly written with another series in mind so the ending purposely leave you in limbo.

Bodyguard TV series was dreadful , only got viewers due to the intrigue around the love affair and Keeley Hawes seems to get the blood pressure up .

I prefer Vera. She solves all her cases in one nignt.

I binge watched the other series in readiness for this one as I missed them first time round.

Was absolutely hooked but these first two episodes have been the worst of the lot.

International

The actors are good though, even if you don't think they're good actors

Take a look.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-nor...eland-56582869

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I binge watched the other series in readiness for this one as I missed them first time round.

Was absolutely hooked but these first two episodes have been the worst of the lot.
    I always think when I go from binge watching something to watching week to week it always feels a lot slower and drawn out.

Season 6 episode 4

All I can say is

Mother of God!!!!.

That was probably one of the best episodes in all 6 series.

I defy anyone to call that one slow. That one crackled along pretty well all the way through, and I thought the acting was excellent.

What happened?

Well Ted went to.......NO that would spoil it

Ok you know that bent cop, Ryan Pilkington well he.. Ooops that would spoil it as well.

Lets try again. There was a character from one of the earlier series and they had spoken to...... See that would be another spoiler!

All I can say is that you can't miss a second.

And yes Ted did say Bent Coppers and Mother Of God (in separate scenes)m but you will have to watch it to see when and in what context.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Season 6 episode 4

All I can say is

Mother of God!!!!.

That was probably one of the best episodes in all 6 series.

I defy anyone to call that one slow. That one crackled along pretty well all the way through, and I thought the acting was excellent.

What happened?

Well Ted went to.......NO that would spoil it

Ok you know that bent cop, Ryan Pilkington well he.. Ooops that would spoil it as well.

Lets try again. There was a character from one of the earlier series and they had spoken to...... See that would be another spoiler!

All I can say is that you can't miss a second.

And yes Ted did say Bent Coppers and Mother Of God (in separate scenes)m but you will have to watch it to see when and in what context.
    As I suggested earlier in this thread, this series has turned out to be a slow burner. Thought it was much better last week but this week's episode just exploded and the real Ted turned up. I think all concerns that this was a series too far are thankfully well wide of the mark.

I'm relieved to read that because I think it's dreadful. Wooden acting, Dunbar using phrases that an Irish farmhand might use (my wife is irish) and does anybody actually think the police use expressions like chis, rather than informant or one of the other every day expressions meaning the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I'm relieved to read that because I think it's dreadful. Wooden acting, Dunbar using phrases that an Irish farmhand might use (my wife is irish) and does anybody actually think the police use expressions like chis, rather than informant or one of the other every day expressions meaning the same thing!
    It's just so unreal. The whole dialogue is just a long cliche-ridden of quick fire repostes. Nobody speaks like that, unless it's a daytime USA crime drama, which this is trying to emulate. The plot is absurd as well, full of 'holes'. Let's be honest getting 4 blokes with no criminal records to stage an armed robbery in which someone is killed, just to delay getting to a stake-out is so ridiculous it's laughable.
    Sorry, but for me it's unrealistic dross..

I think the acting in it is really good, the brummie guy who got locked up was excellent I thought.

I don't get why anyone would watch something that they dislike that much, seems madness to me.

It's just so unreal. The whole dialogue is just a long cliche-ridden of quick fire repostes. Nobody speaks like that, unless it's a daytime USA crime drama, which this is trying to emulate. The plot is absurd as well, full of 'holes'. Let's be honest getting 4 blokes with no criminal records to stage an armed robbery in which someone is killed, just to delay getting to a stake-out is so ridiculous it's laughable.
    Sorry, but for me it's unrealistic dross..
    The queen's gambit was about as unrealistic as you can get but still good, you even held it up as evidence that line of duty wasn't good.