+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

8.7m didn't have a clue what was going on (especially the significance of that photo of two women - and were in denial that family-loving Kate is now gay)

The rest said that they understood the plot - but were completely wrong.

Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

So who dunnit?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    8.7m didn't have a clue what was going on (especially the significance of that photo of two women - and were in denial that family-loving Kate is now gay)

The rest said that they understood the plot - but were completely wrong.
    Ah the plot

Well you see it is now sometime since the last series and well its like this er,...um

Just give 5 minutes

Oh alright a few hours so I can watch it a few more times!
    I guess the mystery woman in the photo is the (current) chief suspects mother (or older lover, aunt, best friend etc etc)

And not sure it has been established that Kate is gay (or bisexual or pan sexual or anything else!)

I don't normally binge watch bit I did watch series 1 to 5 sometime last summer

Wish I had watched it last week now!!

Recognised some of the links to previous series The useless superintendent from one of the earlier series who can't make a decision to save his life (hasn't he been promoted?)

The suspect with learning difficulties

The missing freezer ( for those who haven't seen the episode and say "What freezer?" all I will say it has been in previous series and you wouldn't want to cook and eat the meat inside!).

And more

Liked Ted Hastings comment telling Steve their meeting was over

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExCUeRuX...jpg&name=large

No "Mother of Gods". "Sucking on diesel" or "Feller" from Ted yet but there are still six weeks to go.

Looking forward to seeing this plot unwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    So who dunnit?
    The butler

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    The butler
    Never thought it was him. Thought it was the cook.

i'll get you butler

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Never thought it was him. Thought it was the cook.
    Mind you that Valet looked suspicious

Mind you that Valet looked suspicious
    None of them lot, it was all in the latest, up to date edition of Cluedo........Barrymore, with the dildo, in the swimming pool

The missing freezer has turned up in the current series of Unforgotten, we’ll find out who it was next week so you can save yourself 5 weeks of watching Line of Duty

Nicola Walker is a class actress ,everything she appointed is class.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    The missing freezer has turned up in the current series of Unforgotten, we’ll find out who it was next week so you can save yourself 5 weeks of watching Line of Duty
    We already know who was in the freezer. But Ted Hastings and go don't.

I hope it hasn't been moved to sell on E Bay. If so,someone is going to have the hell of a shock when Hermes drop it off!

I did watch but have forgotten all of it. I think I need to start again! Pretty unremarkable so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I did watch but have forgotten all of it. I think I need to start again! Pretty unremarkable so far.
    Unremarkable?

Must have seen a different show to me.

Still, we all have different views

I found the interviewing of the chap with learning difficulties really hard work. I know the BBC like to be diverse but it was excruciating.

I liked that keeley Hawes in very little make up in the series shown recently

Fantastic actress and stunning looking lady

Could other TV shows have a good percentage of the dialogue unattainable to average viewer (CHIS - shouldn't it be CHIZ to be said the way it was?) or is there something special about this one?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I liked that keeley Hawes in very little make up in the series shown recently

Fantastic actress and stunning looking lady
    She's up there with Francesca ***** and Joanne Whalley as my ladies of choice. Did you see her in Tipping the Velvet with Rachel Stirling ? Blew my socks off and practically everything else too.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Nicola Walker is a class actress ,everything she appointed is class.
    Agreed she is a fine actress but after a while I get fed up of her miserable demeanour. A bit shallow I know but hey ho.

Unremarkable?

Must have seen a different show to me.

Still, we all have different views
    Don't get me wrong, I love Line of Duty. But as a starting episode there was little in it I thought. The series with Keeley Hawes was the best, series two I think? I think a lot more will be revealed next week, it did the job of wanting to see more but without really revealing anything, but tasty stuff yet.

Isn't it Vicky McClure's character that gets put in the frame? (I was going to say gets fingered but thought better of it). And that senior policewoman, the Chief Constable , is definitely H.....or maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love Line of Duty. But as a starting episode there was little in it I thought. The series with Keeley Hawes was the best, series two I think? I think a lot more will be revealed next week, it did the job of wanting to see more but without really revealing anything, but tasty stuff yet.

Isn't it Vicky McClure's character that gets put in the frame? (I was going to say gets fingered but thought better of it). And that senior policewoman, the Chief Constable , is definitely H.....or maybe not?

As first episodes go, it's definitely the tamest so far. Even Ted is a shadow of his former self.

I don't believe that Jed Mercurio has run out of ideas so I would imagine the series will be a slow burner. The real Ted will return, soon !

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    As first episodes go, it's definitely the tamest so far. Even Ted is a shadow of his former self.
    I don't believe that Jed Mercurio has run out of ideas so I would imagine the series will be a slow burner. The real Ted will return, soon !
    It's all a bluff - as was Kate's defection to normal coppering in MIT because of being hacked off with Ted's inappropriate behaviour. In the fullness of time, it will transpire that this was a double bluff to get her into MIT - the double bluff being that she told her DI that she had been in AC12 - mark my words. Ted will be sucking diesel before long too.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    She's up there with Francesca ***** and Joanne Whalley as my ladies of choice. Did you see her in Tipping the Velvet with Rachel Stirling ? Blew my socks off and practically everything else too.
    Shes stunning and is getting better with age , yes that was great

Lilly Langtree Francesca an English rose

Joanne Whalley in a kind of loving ❤

Watched the first episode last night.
    It was ok (Mrs fell asleep, as it was confusing & slow)

Lazy writing though, as they used the diversion tactic (betting office raid), in the last series (car crash with child)

Methinks the writer has run out of ideas

His 4 part series, Bloodland (I think) was a rushed ending as well

Maybe the slowness of the episode was partly due to the series being stretched to 7 episodes, when it was originally written for just 6?

I love it though and can't wait for the next episode.

I loved it.

Originally I only watched series 4 and 5 when they were on TV but the last month or so I've binge watched them from 1 to 5.

First episode was slow but it has to build.