+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love Line of Duty. But as a starting episode there was little in it I thought. The series with Keeley Hawes was the best, series two I think? I think a lot more will be revealed next week, it did the job of wanting to see more but without really revealing anything, but tasty stuff yet.

Isn't it Vicky McClure's character that gets put in the frame? (I was going to say gets fingered but thought better of it). And that senior policewoman, the Chief Constable , is definitely H.....or maybe not?

As first episodes go, it's definitely the tamest so far. Even Ted is a shadow of his former self.

I don't believe that Jed Mercurio has run out of ideas so I would imagine the series will be a slow burner. The real Ted will return, soon !

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    As first episodes go, it's definitely the tamest so far. Even Ted is a shadow of his former self.
    I don't believe that Jed Mercurio has run out of ideas so I would imagine the series will be a slow burner. The real Ted will return, soon !
    It's all a bluff - as was Kate's defection to normal coppering in MIT because of being hacked off with Ted's inappropriate behaviour. In the fullness of time, it will transpire that this was a double bluff to get her into MIT - the double bluff being that she told her DI that she had been in AC12 - mark my words. Ted will be sucking diesel before long too.

Watched the first episode last night.
    It was ok (Mrs fell asleep, as it was confusing & slow)

Lazy writing though, as they used the diversion tactic (betting office raid), in the last series (car crash with child)

Methinks the writer has run out of ideas

His 4 part series, Bloodland (I think) was a rushed ending as well