+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 126

Thread: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

  1. #21

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    As first episodes go, it's definitely the tamest so far. Even Ted is a shadow of his former self.
    I don't believe that Jed Mercurio has run out of ideas so I would imagine the series will be a slow burner. The real Ted will return, soon !
    It's all a bluff - as was Kate's defection to normal coppering in MIT because of being hacked off with Ted's inappropriate behaviour. In the fullness of time, it will transpire that this was a double bluff to get her into MIT - the double bluff being that she told her DI that she had been in AC12 - mark my words. Ted will be sucking diesel before long too.

  2. #22

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    She's up there with Francesca ***** and Joanne Whalley as my ladies of choice. Did you see her in Tipping the Velvet with Rachel Stirling ? Blew my socks off and practically everything else too.
    Shes stunning and is getting better with age , yes that was great

    Lilly Langtree Francesca an English rose

    Joanne Whalley in a kind of loving ❤

  3. #23

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Watched the first episode last night.
    It was ok (Mrs fell asleep, as it was confusing & slow)

    Lazy writing though, as they used the diversion tactic (betting office raid), in the last series (car crash with child)

    Methinks the writer has run out of ideas

    His 4 part series, Bloodland (I think) was a rushed ending as well

  4. #24

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Maybe the slowness of the episode was partly due to the series being stretched to 7 episodes, when it was originally written for just 6?

    I love it though and can't wait for the next episode.

  5. #25

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    I loved it.

    Originally I only watched series 4 and 5 when they were on TV but the last month or so I've binge watched them from 1 to 5.

    First episode was slow but it has to build.

  6. #26

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    It's all a bluff - as was Kate's defection to normal coppering in MIT because of being hacked off with Ted's inappropriate behaviour. In the fullness of time, it will transpire that this was a double bluff to get her into MIT - the double bluff being that she told her DI that she had been in AC12 - mark my words. Ted will be sucking diesel before long too.
    That's how I read Kate's situation but if you, me and possibly millions of others think the same it can't possibly be right can it ? Too obvious and I'm a rubbish sleuth at the best if times. If it is true, Ted and Kate must have a good reason for keeping Steve out of the loop, unless he's a suspect too. Tune in same time next week !

  7. #27

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    That's how I read Kate's situation but if you, me and possibly millions of others think the same it can't possibly be right can it ? Too obvious and I'm a rubbish sleuth at the best if times. If it is true, Ted and Kate must have a good reason for keeping Steve out of the loop, unless he's a suspect too. Tune in same time next week !

    After the touchy-feely hands bit, is there going to be a bit of one-on-one, between Kate and her boss (yes please)

  8. #28

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Weird isn't it that 9 million views is a lot these days, whereas back in the 80s it's have been a lot more than that.

    Also weird that some people cocking around on computer games get millions more views than that

  9. #29

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Weird isn't it that 9 million views is a lot these days, whereas back in the 80s it's have been a lot more than that.

    Also weird that some people cocking around on computer games get millions more views than that
    Sky TV and all that bollocks

    One day the BBC will be gone and we will have no option but to pay for that shite

  10. #30

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Weird isn't it that 9 million views is a lot these days, whereas back in the 80s it's have been a lot more than that.

    Also weird that some people cocking around on computer games get millions more views than that
    So much more option these days, all the channels plus amazon prime, apple TV, Netflix etc

  11. #31

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Just watched the 2nd episode of the latest series, hoping it would improve. Got to say the acting, the dialogue, the 'plot' - all way below the standard now available on Netflix etc. Compared to something like The Queen's Gambit it looks like something Channel 5 would put on in the afternoon. The BBC have plugged this enormously but it's poor, like so much of the stuff on there. 150 to watch the news !

  12. #32

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Just watched the 2nd episode of the latest series, hoping it would improve. Got to say the acting, the dialogue, the 'plot' - all way below the standard now available on Netflix etc. Compared to something like The Queen's Gambit it looks like something Channel 5 would put on in the afternoon. The BBC have plugged this enormously but it's poor, like so much of the stuff on there. 150 to watch the news !
    I agree, I am a fan of the series generally but this one is slow. Obviously lots of sub plots appearing , as happens with LoD. But I do think as you say the standard is now below other series, like Queen's Gambit etc. It looks like a series that has gone one series too far. And the actress playing the DCI, Kelly McDonald, I think is really poor. Still there is time to get better, we 'll probably be surprised over the next few weeks but I guarantee it will have a weak ending like to one with Thandie Newton. Where Ted says to her 'I put it to you that you.....' and she answered 'Yes I did'. The End.

  13. #33

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    I really enjoyed it. I don't think it is up there with things like the queen's gambit etc but I don't think it ever has been that sort of level. Just a decent entertaining Sunday night show to have on.

  14. #34

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    The best series was the one with Keeley Hawes as Denton. Pity she got killed off as her character had plenty of mileage in it. This latest series is slow by comparison but, as often happens, it may be a slow burner.

  15. #35

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Missus watched it, I didn’t, gave it an hour last week but annoyed her playing a game of guess what the acronym means.

  16. #36

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The best series was the one with Keeley Hawes as Denton. Pity she got killed off as her character had plenty of mileage in it. This latest series is slow by comparison but, as often happens, it may be a slow burner.

    They had to kill Keeley off, because she is in everything else

  17. #37

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I agree, I am a fan of the series generally but this one is slow. Obviously lots of sub plots appearing , as happens with LoD. But I do think as you say the standard is now below other series, like Queen's Gambit etc. It looks like a series that has gone one series too far. And the actress playing the DCI, Kelly McDonald, I think is really poor. Still there is time to get better, we 'll probably be surprised over the next few weeks but I guarantee it will have a weak ending like to one with Thandie Newton. Where Ted says to her 'I put it to you that you.....' and she answered 'Yes I did'. The End.
    Oh, Thanks !!!!

  18. #38

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Its okay , feel its a series too far , early stuff was very good especially the Keeley Hawes era , their is too much staring and posturing going on for me , in my humble opinion its not as good as Unforgotten with the ever excellent Nicola Walker and Sanjeev Bhaskar

  19. #39

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its okay , feel its a series too far , early stuff was very good especially the Keeley Hawes era , their is too much staring and posturing going on for me , in my humble opinion its not as good as Unforgotten with the ever excellent Nicola Walker and Sanjeev Bhaskar
    Agreed Unforgotten seems better. Was contacted by Amazon about 6 months ago strongly marketing two books by Jed Mercurio.
    I purchased both and they were both rubbish.
    A lot of series (such as Badlands) clearly written with another series in mind so the ending purposely leave you in limbo.

  20. #40

    Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

    Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Agreed Unforgotten seems better. Was contacted by Amazon about 6 months ago strongly marketing two books by Jed Mercurio.
    I purchased both and they were both rubbish.
    A lot of series (such as Badlands) clearly written with another series in mind so the ending purposely leave you in limbo.

    Bodyguard TV series was dreadful , only got viewers due to the intrigue around the love affair and Keeley Hawes seems to get the blood pressure up .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •