+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

International

Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Softly Softly.
    A good spin-0ff from Z Cars but do you know the origins of the name given to the series? Given it was in Lancashire?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    A good spin-0ff from Z Cars but do you know the origins of the name given to the series? Given it was in Lancashire?
    When it came on at the time I remember my dad used to say “Softly, Softly catchee monkey” I’ve no idea if that’s the derivation or where it came from

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    What I am saying is that there is not a genre of shows known as Daytime Crime.

Disagree about Father Brown.

It's no Morse or Frost but it's decent enough considering it is only 40 minutes. Although by no means the same sort oif show s Line of Duty.

No response to the post I actually made about your your points though?
    It's all about opinions and I think a series about an unconvincing priest wearing ancient headwear who solves the local crimes is daft.
    Re your other points, my wife is Northern Irish so I'm using her opinions about the expressions used and I'm still not convinced that all those police acronyms are used on a daily basis as a matter of course.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Figure it out - pretend you're a detective.
    You are a miserable old **** who wants something to moan about?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I've heard various law enforcement people use terms like CHIS all the time.
    Is that because you are one? No one likes a snitch 🙂

For you Line of Duty fans there's a series starting on BBC 2 at 9pm tonight called Bent Coppers - Crossing The Line Of Duty. Later episodes deal with the setting up of AC-10.
    If you didn't know about it, I'm happy to be your chis.

Well Jimmy Nesbitt kept THAT quiet

And that's all I'm saying

I love it personally. Yes it has cliches and catchphrases, and yes it is unbelievable in parts, but it is a great watch. I love the twists, and how some seemingly prominent characters are suddenly killed off. My favourite scenes are the interviews, especially when they come up with a twist at the end. "Sit down fella"

International

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    When it came on at the time I remember my dad used to say “Softly, Softly catchee monkey” I’ve no idea if that’s the derivation or where it came from
    Years ago, but I'm not sure if still, that was the motto of the Lancashire constabulary training school at it was over the main gates. So everyone entering read it. It eluded to the principle that good police work entails taking your time getting everything right so that when you do catch your villain he is properly caught and doesn't get away.
    Hence the name of the series which was set in that area.

It's highly unlikely that X is dead so that means another key witness has been shot and fall-out from that will be interesting.

Now we're sucking diesel fellas

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    Now we're sucking diesel fellas
    Reminds me of Gus from Drop the Dead Donkey. When things were going well he used to say, "Now we're cooking on methane !".

A brilliant character and a fantastic show.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    I love it personally. Yes it has cliches and catchphrases, and yes it is unbelievable in parts, but it is a great watch. I love the twists, and how some seemingly prominent characters are suddenly killed off. My favourite scenes are the interviews, especially when they come up with a twist at the end. "Sit down fella"
    Totally agree.

I love the long beep from the recordings before the interviews, always makes me laugh haha the simple things.

The episodes are getting better. Last night's was gripping.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Is that because you are one? No one likes a snitch 🙂
    No but work in that that area.

Several threads set up for next series, assuming it comes. I would say interesting rather than explosive.

What a waste of an hour. Getting flack all over media. As someone else said no way is a Brummie the mastermind.

As much as I love Line of Duty, I have to admit that the last episode was anti-climactic to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    As much as I love Line of Duty, I have to admit that the last episode was anti-climactic to say the least.
    Very poor indeed.
    All that and it basically figured out on the spelling of a word they knew ages ago.

It's obviously not him. Felt like last episode was just making sure they had another series.

Yes very disappointing ending to a very good series, this seems to keep happening a lot , like the writers have no clue how to finish it

The last episode of the series was a damp squid.

Such an anti climax.

This series seemed the right time to bring the whole thing to a close, so assuming that there's more, just seems to be stretching the story a bit too far.

Think we've been spoiled with previous endings (Dot's death) but last night was a realistic ending for show about police corruption while leaving room for another series if the demand is there.

The bad guys usually get away with it unless their usefulness as an idiot has run out and anyone chasing an exciting conspiracy usually finds the chase more exciting than the outcome - it's as realistic as long, dry interrogation scenes or constant use of acronyms.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The queen's gambit was about as unrealistic as you can get but still good, you even held it up as evidence that line of duty wasn't good.
    the Queen Gambit is about Bobby Fischer.

Well what a let down , this made me chuckle:

BREAKING NEWS : Thousands of angry fans gather outside the Line of Duty stadium