+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for if election day was today?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plaid

14 33.33%
  • Labour

15 35.71%
  • Tories

9 21.43%
  • Greens

1 2.38%
  • Lib Dems

0 0%
  • UKIP

0 0%
  • Propel

1 2.38%
  • Abolish

2 4.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welsh Elections 2021 poll

Welsh Elections 2021 poll

With the recent polls predicting the narrowest 3 way race in May, who would you be voting for if it was election day today?

1 day poll!

Re: Welsh Elections 2021 poll

I'm amazed by the results so far of that poll given the abuse anyone who has voted Tory has got on here.

Cant see the poll on the mobile site. I very much doubt ill vote. If it looks narrow between any of the main parties and Tory id make the effort to vote for the party most likely to stop the Tory.

However I would not vote reform or UKIP under any circumstances.

Labour , to keep out the tories

But its hardly inspiring

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Labour , to keep out the tories

But its hardly inspiring
    Exactly why Wales will be in the same place in twenty years as it is now.

Can you imagine Andrew RT Davies in charge? Why doesn't he call himself Andrew Davies?

I don't live in Wales so have no vote but who on earth are propel ?

I'd like to vote Labour but I can't after some of the rubbish Drakeford has done and also endorsing anti-Brexit Starmer somewhat and I can't vote for Plaid as they're nationalistic idiots

So it's a choice between Tories or not voting.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I'd like to vote Labour but I can't after some of the rubbish Drakeford has done and also endorsing anti-Brexit Starmer somewhat and I can't vote for Plaid as they're nationalistic idiots

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48980318

They've also spent over £2m on kitting out a room with union flags, continually bang on about the "greatness" of Britain and Britishness and are about to spunk even more millions on painting a plane with the union flag.

Tories are also nationalists: "BBC chief told to use 'more than one union jack' in annual report
    Tory MP asks Tim Davie how many union flags were pictured in the corporation’s financial document"
    (https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...-annual-report)

In fact, if you're against nationalism then I think Labour, Greens or Lib Dems are your best bet.

Wales loses seats in the next round of Westminster elections so say in events is going to decrease. For me that makes the Senedd elections even more important and even more important to get engaged with Welsh politics before making a decision. Podcast on Welsh politics can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/hiraethpod

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    I don't live in Wales so have no vote but who on earth are propel ?
    As far as I can tell, Neil McEvoy fell out with Plaid so made his own party.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Tories are also nationalists: "BBC chief told to use 'more than one union jack' in annual report
    Tory MP asks Tim Davie how many union flags were pictured in the corporation’s financial document"
    (https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...-annual-report)

In fact, if you're against nationalism then I think Labour, Greens or Lib Dems are your best bet.

Wales loses seats in the next round of Westminster elections so say in events is going to decrease. For me that makes the Senedd elections even more important and even more important to get engaged with Welsh politics before making a decision. Podcast on Welsh politics can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/hiraethpod
    If I can clarify - I'm against an independent wales

I listen to Hiraeth quite often after going off Desolution Radio (who have suggested some absolutely outrageous crap lately)

If I can clarify - I'm against an independent wales

I listen to Hiraeth quite often after going off Desolution Radio (who have suggested some absolutely outrageous crap lately)
    In which case I can say no more to you.

For the rest of you, please get engaged and make informed decisions.

Interesting results so far! There are a massive amount of Labour voters switching over to Plaid, not surprisingly as Plaid are unlikely to win an outright majority so will most likely pair up with Labour and they will resist an independence referendum especially over a first term, plus the added benefit of having a working class stronger leader in Adam Price in charge who is also actually very well educated.

I'm hoping that the Labour vote that disintegrates goes to Plaid, not the Tories. Even if people don't vote Labour because of the pandemic, I hope they don't really think the Tories have done things so much better that they're worth voting for.

Why would you like to vote Labour? You do know there are other parties besides Conservatives, Labour and Plaid do you?

None of the above should be added to every ballot paper - imho

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Can you imagine Andrew RT Davies in charge? Why doesn't he call himself Andrew Davies?
    Perhaps he just wants to appear to be "arty"

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why would you like to vote Labour? You do know there are other parties besides Conservatives, Labour and Plaid do you?
    I know the hypocrisy/stupidity but it really is a wasted vote

If voting was mandatory and turnout was 75%+ then it would be a different story but it's not and a vote for propel is a waste of time when you just know they're not going to be around come the following elections

what is the rubbish that Drakeford has done?

which Tories in Wales have impressed you?

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    It's quite a scary proposition, but I can't see that happening.
    Like a few others it'll probably be Plaid for me. Labour could have done themselves a favour and got a new leader in before the election. Having someone like Eluned Morgan or Ken Skates in charge now might have helped their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    None of the above should be added to every ballot paper - imho
    I agree

Abolish wasn't an option when I first voted.

Get rid of the lot of um and build houses/tower blocks, where take silly looking wooden building is.

someone I know who works in Westminster was told back in December that it was "quite likely" that these upcoming elections would deliver a Tory majority in Wales.

i said that was a load of nonsense. I hope I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what is the rubbish that Drakeford has done?

which Tories in Wales have impressed you?
    I'm not going to give my entire political viewpoint over the internet but there are both things that a local and national level that alter my view

Tories at a national level have heavily supported the sector I work in as well as a pro-Brexit agenda which a lot of Wales voted for.

Welsh Labour are doing some things that I agree with such as taking in to public ownership the trains and Cardiff airport and then shoot themselves in the foot with the M4 relief road and various other infrastructure projects that have failed due to environmental concerns (which I'll admit is really not a concern of mine)

My bigger gripe is more to do with Labour at a national level.

I'll admit - I probably do want a 'Tory Party-Lite' without all the rubbish the Tory party comes with