+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for if election day was today?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plaid

14 33.33%
  • Labour

15 35.71%
  • Tories

9 21.43%
  • Greens

1 2.38%
  • Lib Dems

0 0%
  • UKIP

0 0%
  • Propel

1 2.38%
  • Abolish

2 4.76%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welsh Elections 2021 poll

Re: Welsh Elections 2021 poll

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    No chance Plaid will win Cardiff West.
    2 years ago they'd have walked it, but McEvoy had the support last time out, not Plaid.
    I'm not so sure on this. McEvoy helped Plaid but the assumption that everyone he helped pull to the party will switch isn't realistic.

McEvoy is also fairly unlikely to win, he has little support outside Ely, Fairwater & Caerau.

As blue sky pointed out, Plaid & McEvoy had the support, not just McEvoy. They've always had ~15% of the vote. I don't think they'll win Cardiff West but I don't think it should be written off completely. If the Labour vote is decimated in the areas McEvoy is targeting then it's very much game on

Plaid have been very active in the constituency as well, Plaid and Propel have fought the hardest campaign imo. Barely seen Labour but I've seen Plaid & McEvoy out campaigning

Not good reading even with a slight improvement for our children's education.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-50629432

I'm sure health is also an under performing area and was before Covid , which probably attributed to our ability to cope with Covid and other diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm not so sure on this. McEvoy helped Plaid but the assumption that everyone he helped pull to the party will switch isn't realistic.

McEvoy is also fairly unlikely to win, he has little support outside Ely, Fairwater & Caerau.

As blue sky pointed out, Plaid & McEvoy had the support, not just McEvoy. They've always had ~15% of the vote. I don't think they'll win Cardiff West but I don't think it should be written off completely. If the Labour vote is decimated in the areas McEvoy is targeting then it's very much game on

Plaid have been very active in the constituency as well, Plaid and Propel have fought the hardest campaign imo. Barely seen Labour but I've seen Plaid & McEvoy out campaigning
    McEvoy flopped spectacularly and, as I predicted, Plaid got at least 15% of the vote. Bring on the council elections! I cant wait to finish McEvoy and Propel off permanently. Labour outperformed Propel in Fairwater and Ely (according to Plaid Cymru sampling during Friday’s count) so the fat-jowled fraud will have to work very hard to keep hold of his party’s seats next year

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    What is the canvassing/placards like where everyone is? Is there more presence of alternative parties? Plaid seem to be pushing a lot harder than previously with social media, broadcasting etc and seen Adam Price has been out a fair bit but not much from Drakeford and RT?
    Lots Labour and Plaid , Tories not keen to show to avoid any nasties.