+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football's Darkest Secret (BBC) and a request to stop singing one of songs....

Football's Darkest Secret (BBC) and a request to stop singing one of songs....

Has anyone been watching Football's Darkest Secret on the BBC? Part 2 on tonight I believe. Heartbreaking stuff, but does confirm my feelings that we should stop singing our version of Hymns and Arias.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ths4

Re: Football's Darkest Secret (BBC) and a request to stop singing one of songs....

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Has anyone been watching Football's Darkest Secret on the BBC? Part 2 on tonight I believe. Heartbreaking stuff, but does confirm my feelings that we should stop singing our version of Hymns and Arias.

I played against that Crewe youth team in 1989. They were very good, Bennell might have been on the touchline and i would've thought Andy Woodward was playing as he's the same age as me.

Re: Football's Darkest Secret (BBC) and a request to stop singing one of songs....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I played against that Crewe youth team in 1989. They were very good, Bennell might have been on the touchline and i would've thought Andy Woodward was playing as he's the same age as me.
    Being pre-premier league most of the names aren't as big as they might have been but I suppose that both isn't (it doesn't matter how big a name) and is (lack of scrutiny) the point.

Obviously a serious subject. It's good that there is support out there for people including: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/what-is-chi...-recent-abuse/

I object to it being called ‘our’, it’s nothing to do with me. There should be mass booing whenever any idiot starts singing it.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I object to it being called ‘our’, it’s nothing to do with me. There should be mass booing whenever any idiot starts singing it.
    it’s cringeworthy

That song makes me sick to be honest. Not witty, funny or anything but vile.

The Harold Shipman song was vile as was the song about the suicide of Alan Davies

And the Swansea idiots who made up the sick fake flight tickets for sala were sick as well

Some people are just pond life

Interesting thread on the crewe messageboard about Dario Gradi and what he did / didn't know..

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38274040

Watched all three episodes yesterday, I defy anyone not to be moved by it. Football, and Chelsea FC in particular, should be ashamed of itself.

Wasn't a former cardiff city chaplain sentenced for sex offences ?

Anyone who has ever sung it deserves an immediate life time ban. End of

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Wasn't a former cardiff city chaplain sentenced for sex offences ?
    Yes. Church football team. Surname was Jordan. Not sure of first name now

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Yes. Church football team. Surname was Jordan. Not sure of first name now
    Father Joe Jordan based at St Mary’s Canton

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Father Joe Jordan based at St Mary’s Canton
    Didn't they send him off to Rome, before charges could be brought ?

I'm certain they did.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Didn't they send him off to Rome, before charges could be brought ?

I'm certain they did.
    he went to prison I think

he went to prison I think
    You are correct

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/979886.stm

They must have tried to get him away, as I can remember something about him getting away with it.

David White and Paul Stewart looked haunted and old beyond their years

Poor bastards

David White and Paul Stewart looked haunted and old beyond their years

Poor bastards
    Both look like they big boozers. Stewart in particular.

Crewe’s Chairman has resigned this morning - terrible for the young lads involved, but, on a personal level, it’s sad that a club, and manager, I admired so much around twenty years ago have been so tarnished by this.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Probably only way of coping with it all , what a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I always liked Paul as a player, he was outstanding for Spurs during the early 90's, always looked a class player, also a great story about players getting pigeon-holed into a position and it not being right for them and then excelling somewhere else on the pitch