+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FT: BELGIUM 3 - 1 WALES. Match thread

Re: FT: BELGIUM 3 - 1 WALES. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes it was a lovely goal. Roberts slip was very costly.
    I'm more annoyed about Mepham's to be honest. Roberts lost his footing on a slightly dodgy pitch, what Mepham did was something out of parks football

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm more annoyed about Mepham's to be honest. Roberts lost his footing on a slightly dodgy pitch, what Mepham did was something out of parks football
    I seem to be the only one who thought mepham was a little unlucky. admittedly I haven't seen it properly since the game, but I thought he was reaching for the ball and the Belgium player just ran straight through his leg and fell over.
    surely he's entitled to go for it, and if the player hadn't smashed through the back of him he'd have cleared it. could have been given as a foul the other way elsewhere in the pitch.

I do appreciate I'm probably alone in this though.

their first goal we had an opportunity to clear just before, I think by Roberts and we didn't take it, and then the second was just plain bad luck.

the best team won, but we have them a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I seem to be the only one who thought mepham was a little unlucky. admittedly I haven't seen it properly since the game, but I thought he was reaching for the ball and the Belgium player just ran straight through his leg and fell over.
    surely he's entitled to go for it, and if the player hadn't smashed through the back of him he'd have cleared it. could have been given as a foul the other way elsewhere in the pitch.

their first goal we had an opportunity to clear just before, I think by Roberts and we didn't take it, and then the second was just plain bad luck.

I thought it was Roberts as well, but, according to Wales Online, it was Mepham and they used that as a reason for giving him just four out of ten. I thought he was naive with the penalty - he’s going through an awkward time in his career and I feel he’s good enough to come out the other side of it.

Turkey and Switzerland both with good wins in their opening 2022 campaigns - especially Turkey's 4-2 against Netherlands.

Will be a tough group in the Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Turkey and Switzerland both with good wins in their opening 2022 campaigns - especially Turkey's 4-2 against Netherlands.

Will be a tough group in the Euros.

Yep especially if our lot have all that silly travelling to do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep especially if our lot have all that silly travelling to do as well.
    Play the whole tournament in London I say, plenty of grounds, training facilities. Plenty of hotels where teams and journalists can be fairly isolated. No travelling involved reducing the risk of spreading infection. It would be so easy and manageable. The logistics of the original plan were ludicrous, even more so now with the continent back on red alert.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Play the whole tournament in London I say, plenty of grounds, training facilities. Plenty of hotels where teams and journalists can be fairly isolated. No travelling involved reducing the risk of spreading infection. It would be so easy and manageable. The logistics of the original plan were ludicrous, even more so now with the continent back on red alert.
    Yep agreed.

The penalty was really poor, he hasn't played and looks rusty. Cabango has to come in for me. Mepham gave the ball away for the first as well, took a really bad touch when he should just clear his lines.

thanks bob..great read as ever.

looks like chris gunter is going to captain wales against Mexico to earn his 100'th cap

Congrats what an achievement

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    looks like chris gunter is going to captain wales against Mexico to earn his 100'th cap

daft decision. hes third choice in his position at best and is only playing to give him the 100 caps.

daft decision. hes third choice in his position at best and is only playing to give him the 100 caps.
    He totally deserves it.
    He never misses a camp.
    He is better than Connor Roberts.

Can’t agree. We cannot afford any more injuries so playing the back up players is sensible. He may still be needed if we pick up injuries at right back. He also won’t let the side down. A great achievement for Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Good. I wouldn't want him to be given the captaincy and cap for a competitive game just to reach the 100, but in a friendly like on Saturday (one that I imagine the FAW would have avoided if that was allowed - but isn't) it is a perfect way to recognise a fantastic international career. Great servant to Wales and a very good player too. Congratulations Chris Gunter!

What an achievement! Congratulations to him; it's well deserved for playing 63 consecutive internationals and the dedication he's shown to Wales and his craft.

I'm getting a bit bored of the couple of Connor Roberts comments in this thread. Absolutely no need for club rivalry in international weeks.