+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Norwich want Will Vaulks for £7m - allegedly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Norwich want Will Vaulks for £7m - allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    How many goals have Cardiff scored this season (and last) that started with a Vaulks long throw?
    Good point. They must consider his throw-ins as part of his passing accuracy.

Just to be clear I like Vaulks. He works hard, scores goals and contributes to goals. But let's be frank, his passing is dreadful.

I know not many like Giggs but these tweets from across the bridge might highlight what he is, for now, doing well as Wales manager:

FT - England U21s 0-2 Portugal U21s.

AB will go now they don’t have to pay up his deal. Deeper than one man though. Selection needs to emphasise skillsets that can cope at this level. Too much dictated by ‘form’ and club progression at the time of a squad announcement.

https://twitter.com/RowdenJRSG/statu...76006185660422
    Over the last decade England have started developing a real depth of talent which is great, but we’re still the country who at any chance will tell you, ‘it’s not about tactics, it’s about (insert individual traits)’ and I can’t help this mindset still dominates our football

https://twitter.com/ChrisSummersell/...75913793544196
    (Context being how bad England have been at Under 21 level in tournaments, especially since 2017, despite having best crop of talent potentially in the world).

As I alluded to in previous post in this thread, needs to be a balance between picking players to fit the system (heavier weighting) and picking players in form, and that different games may require different tactics and therefore different players to be called up. It's not wrong to want Vaulks to be treated better but away against Belgium and home against Cechia are unlikely to be the games for him - Giggs (Page) learning from LVG might be a good thing for us in the longer term.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Good point. They must consider his throw-ins as part of his passing accuracy.

Just to be clear I like Vaulks. He works hard, scores goals and contributes to goals. But let's be frank, his passing is dreadful.
    I think they practice that in training.