Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
Have to disagree Paul. He is not good enough for the Wales midfield. If he was playing last night he would have picked up at least a yellow and would have offered no composure on the ball. I do not rate him at all.
Spedger
i) If we're looking to call up an extra midfielder then can't think who would be before Vaulks in the queue on basis of him being a senior player in form who has experienced international set-up before. Think his personality/approach would be beneficial to have him around the camp.

ii) I think Vaulks is a player who can only play in some international games based on the opposition and tactical plan for the game. He's working hard and improving but we can't really criticise City's lack of ball retention (in another thread TOBW is quoting Gabbs saying it was "woeful" last weekend") in the midfield one minute then say we want a City midfielder to be picked for the international games when losing the ball at that level can mean conceding a goal very quickly, especially when Wales have tried to implement a set-up built on retaining the ball.

There is substantial evidence to say Belgium away is not a game for Vaulks and very little to counter that. Question is whether Vaulks against Czechia is also a mistake or whether this is one of the games his skills could come in use.