+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Norwich want Will Vaulks for £7m - allegedly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Norwich want Will Vaulks for £7m - allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Have to disagree Paul. He is not good enough for the Wales midfield. If he was playing last night he would have picked up at least a yellow and would have offered no composure on the ball. I do not rate him at all.
    Spedger
    That's a fair comment but the alternatives are Levitt, who couldn't get in the Charlton team and has been very, very poor when he's played; and Matt Smith who is playing in League One or Sheehan in League Two. If we are hanging on, and assume Morrell and Ampadu will start vs the Czechs on Tuesday, I'd much rather Vaulks coming on if Ampadu got a knock than playing a Luton reserve and a League One player who are both extremely inexperienced.

Vaulks is far from perfect but his absence from the squad is curious to say the least.

Re: Norwich want Will Vaulks for £7m - allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That's a fair comment but the alternatives are Levitt, who couldn't get in the Charlton team and has been very, very poor when he's played; and Matt Smith who is playing in League One or Sheehan in League Two. If we are hanging on, and assume Morrell and Ampadu will start vs the Czechs on Tuesday, I'd much rather Vaulks coming on if Ampadu got a knock than playing a Luton reserve and a League One player who are both extremely inexperienced.

Vaulks is far from perfect but his absence from the squad is curious to say the least.
    The way I'm looking at it is that in four years time we're going to be starting our next world cup qualifying group(?) having waved goodbye to many of our favourites and really needing some of our younger players now to step up. Smith and Lewitt both have high ceilings of talent and fit the system we're looking to keep throughout the age groups, and the theory seems to be that giving them time, experience at international level is the way to develop them. Morrell probably has a lower ceiling of talent but fits into the system really well which would also explain Sheehan.

This has to be balanced against players playing well at a high level to look after our current position which is why many feel Vaulks deserves more of a chance, and there are going to be games where he's the perfect fit. Think many of us are disappointed in the way the news was broken to him as well.

Ultimately, they're all proud as punch to play for Wales and all deserve support.