+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Norwich want Will Vaulks for £7m - allegedly

Re: Norwich want Will Vaulks for £7m - allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    7m? I nearly spat my tea out.
    He can't pass, can't play forward, has zero composure, picks up most of his yellow cards out of petulance, scores 20 yarders once every 20 games..
    Norwich, where are you?
    You sound like Delia Smith

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Twice now and that's the season finished for Vaulks.

Just finished watching the highlights of yesterday's game. It was an astonishingly bad tackle, especially considering the circumstances. What on earth was he trying to do?

I wonder if Norwich are poised to swoop.....
    Th player who Vaulks challenged Thompson had made a couple of poor challenges had been booked and our commentators had mentioned he was going in studs up and been similar in the game up there.

I thought with the challenges going in I was glad Vaulks wasnt on as he would be a sending off waiting to happen. Did think he would be safe for 2 minutes.

After sitting down watching this play out for 90 minutes and with the 1st game in mind maybe he just couldnt resist going in as hard as possible on Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Twice now and that's the season finished for Vaulks.

Just finished watching the highlights of yesterday's game. It was an astonishingly bad tackle, especially considering the circumstances. What on earth was he trying to do?

I wonder if Norwich are poised to swoop.....
    Being sent off twice, in a nine year career after 370 odd appearances, isn't that bad is it ? He was trying to let the ball run across himself yesterday, as there was a break on and he put his leg in and around the ball to shield it past himself but unfortunately his foot was high and the other player got caught and was taken out. It looked bad and I can see why the ref sent him off but there you go. Doesn't make him a bad player.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He was trying to let the ball run across himself yesterday, as there was a break on and he put his leg in and around the ball to shield it past himself but unfortunately his foot was high and the other player got caught and was taken out.
    Amazing. I was going to say you’re hilarious at times, but in fairness you’re hilarious almost all of the time. A true entertainer.

Being sent off twice, in a nine year career after 370 odd appearances, isn't that bad is it ? He was trying to let the ball run across himself yesterday, as there was a break on and he put his leg in and around the ball to shield it past himself but unfortunately his foot was high and the other player got caught and was taken out. It looked bad and I can see why the ref sent him off but there you go. Doesn't make him a bad player.
    He’s not a bad player

I think he’d do ok in the Wales squad

Was a red all day long

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He’s not a bad player

I think he’d do ok in the Wales squad

Was a red all day long
    Indeed and not worth 7 million

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-20536898

Newcastle United are one of a number of clubs taking an interest in Cardiff City star Will Vaulks, WalesOnline understands.

Its got to be utter rubbish.

If we got 700k for Will good geal for us and lets get better..

7m!!!

Walesonline must have thought this story was a better option than recycling Wales hardest rugby players for the 100th time. Or an interview with David Bishop on why he only got 1 cap yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

7m!!!

Walesonline must have thought this story was a better option than recycling Wales hardest rugby players for the 100th time. Or an interview with David Bishop on why he only got 1 cap yet again.

Fair play, they only re-cycle that story once every decade!

7m!!!

Not quite sure how, even allowing for the Covid situation, you think that Vaulks is only worth under a third of what we paid for him.

surprised there is anything in icwales other than egg debate

Not quite sure how, even allowing for the Covid situation, you think that Vaulks is only worth under a third of what we paid for him.
    We paid over 2m for him????? No way surely not?

Vaulks has been pretty good most of this season.
    He does have his limitations though.

His long throw has been a genuine threat at times. and this is an area where people are looking to invest in.
    He can hit a long shot as well as anyone.

Trouble is he's not that good at passing, dribbling or a particularly prolific tackler.
    If someone has a system that'd allow him to maximise the things he's good at and minimise his weaknesses then maybe someone would come in for him.
    It's hard to imagine what that would be though.

All things considered he's an average championship player. I'd be very surprised if we sell him to a premier league side.

Vaulks - my player of the season, scorer of my goal of the season, most admirable off the pitch of all the players in the EFL, long throw, worldy goals, and a tackle to write home about.

Worth every penny of the £7m+ that Newcastle, Norwich and the Blades want to pay!

How about feeding the fire for once, not pissing on it?

From the article,

It is thought the Bluebirds value the 27-year-old, who joined from Rotherham two years ago, at around £7m.
    Finally the club (and local press?) are bigging up a player to maximise the transfer fee. Vaulks has had 4 seasons in the Championship now - scoring 7 goals in one season and helping his club to playoff run in another - and 5 Welsh caps at international level.

He's a solid Championship player, but then so was Jeff Hendrick when Burnley paid £10.5 million for him. A player is worth whatever the selling club can get away with and whatever the buying club is willing to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Vaulks - my player of the season, scorer of my goal of the season, most admirable off the pitch of all the players in the EFL, long throw, worldy goals, and a tackle to write home about.

Worth every penny of the £7m+ that Newcastle, Norwich and the Blades want to pay!

How about feeding the fire for once, not pissing on it?
    Will Vaulks is like a combination of Zidane, Garrincha and Cruyff, with a bit of Gattuso thrown in

Is that the kind of thing you wanted?

Apparently, the Newcastle offer is payable in Sports Direct vouchers and comes with two of those enormous mugs for Big Mick and TC.

I have got to admit, i dont understand why Will isnt liked more by us city fans, he appears to know what skills he has in his locker

His Long throw would benefit any team, he loves a long hopeful blast at goal ( when they come of they are spectacular ) He does alot of work in the community

I like Vaulks endeavour and commitment, he does scores cracking goals he is fine at this level sadly at 7 million you would take it.

He's a 2 million valued player in my eyes and I'd not sell at that price.

Seems a decent lad as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I have got to admit, i dont understand why Will isnt liked more by us city fans, he appears to know what skills he has in his locker

His Long throw would benefit any team, he loves a long hopeful blast at goal ( when they come of they are spectacular ) He does alot of work in the community
    Will Vaulks has many admirable qualities but he can't get near the Welsh team, and I can see why. If there seems to be a bidding war, great. 7m would be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Will Vaulks is like a combination of Zidane, Garrincha and Cruyff, with a bit of Gattuso thrown in

Is that the kind of thing you wanted?
    More of that. Much more!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I like Vaulks endeavour and commitment, he does scores cracking goals he is fine at this level sadly at 7 million you would take it.

He's a 2 million valued player in my eyes and I'd not sell at that price.

Seems a decent lad as well.
    All things considered, he's an average Championship player with a couple of well above average attributes. Namely, his throw, and his ability to strike the ball. I was expecting him to be much better. So for me, he's been a disappointment. I'd agree that £2M seems about right. I really can't see how we could get £7M for him. But if we could, I think the club would be foolish not to take it.

Of course wed take 7m. Id bite their hands off at 2m.

With so many clubs under financial difficulties with the pandemic splashing out 2m for Vaulks isnt happening.

Im sure he will be our player next season.

Of course wed take 7m. Id bite their hands off at 2m.

With so many clubs under financial difficulties with the pandemic splashing out 2m for Vaulks isnt happening.

I'm sure he will be our player next season.
    Agree and I think he will be a better player for the season he has had he is 27 now and to be fair he has improved since Warnock ,one could argue if he had more game time under NW he maybe even better in his development , does needs to cut out the stupid challenges, get his head up more when passing , and he will always be in our squad and the hopefully the Welsh one .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57371870

Aston Villa have agreed a club-record deal worth an initial £33m for Norwich City midfielder Emiliano Buendia.