+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Norwich want Will Vaulks for £7m - allegedly

Norwich want Will Vaulks for £7m - allegedly

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...al-Vaulks.html

Norwich City have revived their interest in Wales international midfielder Will Vaulks.

The Championship leaders are weighing up potential signings for the summer and have long held admiration for Vaulks who has impressed once again at Cardiff City this season.

The 27-year old has been one of the most consistent performers in the Championship, making 38 appearances and scoring four, often spectacular, goals during Cardiff’s push for promotion via the play-offs.

Norwich followed Vaulks previously when he was captain at Rotherham United. He joined Cardiff for £2.1million and is now valued around £7m.

Though promotion back to the Premier League is in sight, Norwich are wary of continued interest from top flight clubs in stars such as Todd Cantwell, Emi Buendia and Max Aarons. They have worked well to identify bargain signings from abroad but are also assessing who else could add depth to their squad.

Vaulks has also had interest from Sheffield United but much will depend on who succeeds Chris Wilder as permanent manager.

Re: Norwich want Will Vaulks for £7m - allegedly

and presumably we would sell at that price if there's any truth in this.

Who do they play as a defensive midfielder, as most of the midfielders I can think of are better going forward - which was a big part of their problem last time around

Would be great business at 7m.

Norwich interest in Vaulks - maybe.

£7million for a player in final year of contract where club in final year of parachute payments - unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...al-Vaulks.html

Norwich City have revived their interest in Wales international midfielder Will Vaulks.

The Championship leaders are weighing up potential signings for the summer and have long held admiration for Vaulks who has impressed once again at Cardiff City this season.

The 27-year old has been one of the most consistent performers in the Championship, making 38 appearances and scoring four, often spectacular, goals during Cardiff’s push for promotion via the play-offs.

Norwich followed Vaulks previously when he was captain at Rotherham United. He joined Cardiff for £2.1million and is now valued around £7m.

Though promotion back to the Premier League is in sight, Norwich are wary of continued interest from top flight clubs in stars such as Todd Cantwell, Emi Buendia and Max Aarons. They have worked well to identify bargain signings from abroad but are also assessing who else could add depth to their squad.

Vaulks has also had interest from Sheffield United but much will depend on who succeeds Chris Wilder as permanent manager.

It doesn't surprise me that he has sparked interest.
    I know he divides opinion on here but IMHO he has done well for us.

Remember its not that long ago when we were saying that we were not scoring enough goals from midfield, well Vaulks is providing his fair share.

A "defensive" midfielder who scores goals isn't a common commodity.

Even though we would make a tidy profit from his sale we would have to replace him and 7 million doesn't get you much these days.

Personally I hope we manage to keep hold of him and he wants to stay.

It’s another week until April Fools Day

I can see clubs being interested, but £7m, that's unlikely

In fairness, the Mail's football reporting is pretty decent

I like Vaulks. He’s not the most gifted technically but has a lot of bite and not afraid to get it forward or have a pop.

Underrated player over MM tenure.

I wonder if there’s some truth in this but structured in a way that a massive chunk would be unachievable add ons

I'd be surprised if we could get £7 million for him going into into the last year of his contract. It's a strange one with Vaulks, he's started both of his seasons with us poorly (I don't thing some of the comments Neil Warnock made about him helped him first time around), but he's been so much better in the second half of each season and I'd say that, as of now, he's Mick McCarthy's first choice central midfielder.

I see that, although there's some hope that Joe Allen will be able to play on Tuesday , Rob Page is talking about possibly adding some players to the squad, surely Vaulks has to come in if he's looking to reinforce the midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It’s another week until April Fools Day
    My thoughts exactly Tony.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd be surprised if we could get £7 million for him going into into the last year of his contract. It's a strange one with Vaulks, he's started both of his seasons with us poorly (I don't thing some of the comments Neil Warnock made about him helped him first time around), but he's been so much better in the second half of each season and I'd say that, as of now, he's Mick McCarthy's first choice central midfielder.

I see that, although there's some hope that Joe Allen will be able to play on Tuesday , Rob Page is talking about possibly adding some players to the squad, surely Vaulks has to come in if he's looking to reinforce the midfield?
    Have to disagree Paul. He is not good enough for the Wales midfield. If he was playing last night he would have picked up at least a yellow and would have offered no composure on the ball. I do not rate him at all.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Have to disagree Paul. He is not good enough for the Wales midfield. If he was playing last night he would have picked up at least a yellow and would have offered no composure on the ball. I do not rate him at all.
    Spedger
    i) If we're looking to call up an extra midfielder then can't think who would be before Vaulks in the queue on basis of him being a senior player in form who has experienced international set-up before. Think his personality/approach would be beneficial to have him around the camp.

ii) I think Vaulks is a player who can only play in some international games based on the opposition and tactical plan for the game. He's working hard and improving but we can't really criticise City's lack of ball retention (in another thread TOBW is quoting Gabbs saying it was "woeful" last weekend") in the midfield one minute then say we want a City midfielder to be picked for the international games when losing the ball at that level can mean conceding a goal very quickly, especially when Wales have tried to implement a set-up built on retaining the ball.

There is substantial evidence to say Belgium away is not a game for Vaulks and very little to counter that. Question is whether Vaulks against Czechia is also a mistake or whether this is one of the games his skills could come in use.

Spedger
    I despair sometimes at some peoples attitude to players. Vaulks has been consistently good this season, man of the match on a couple of occasions and a big part of our jump up the table under MM. Saying you don't rate him because he picks up yellow cards doesn't make sense. That has nothing to do with his ability. He is a combative midfielder which is something many teams want and picks up yellows as a result but has only been sent off once in his senior career. Cristiano Ronaldo has been sent off 11 times and booked over 120 times in his career but no one would say he was over rated.

Cash out now, done very well for us but that's good fee ,is his contract due for renewal if yes agents media created story alert .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Cash out now, done very well for us but that's good fee ,is his contract due for renewal if yes agents media created story alert .
    You could well be right.

The problem I have with cashing out/selling our best players is whether the money will be spent on strengthening the side or go straight in the owner's back sky rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I despair sometimes at some peoples attitude to players. Vaulks has been consistently good this season, man of the match on a couple of occasions and a big part of our jump up the table under MM. Saying you don't rate him because he picks up yellow cards doesn't make sense. That has nothing to do with his ability. He is a combative midfielder which is something many teams want and picks up yellows as a result but has only been sent off once in his senior career. Cristiano Ronaldo has been sent off 11 times and booked over 120 times in his career but no one would say he was over rated.
    Are you really making a comparison between Vaulks and one of the greatest ever players to walk this planet?

7m.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Did you really just compare Vaulks and Ronaldo?😂😂😂

Spedger
    He's more than good enough for Wales. We had Allen - championship, Ampadu - soon to be championship, morell who replaced Allen - bit part at Luton - Matt Smith on bench - on loan at Doncaster, Johnny Williams on the bench - bit part at City.

He's not Pirlo but for Wales he can do more than a decent job surely, particularly when most in his position are pretty similar, tidy enough on the ball without really influencing either end of the pitch.

Spedger
    I can’t see Vaulks going straight into the side for Tuesday If he is called up Spedger, I was thinking more in terms of him being brought into the squad if Joe Allen is ruled out - when you look at some of those who were picked in front of him though, it’s hard to see why he missed out.

Think you've missed the nuance in jumping to defend one of our best players this year. Maybe if I can follow your lead in using extreme examples: Roberto Carlos wouldn't immediately get into a Sam Allardcye team based on what Allardyce wants from a full-back but Roberto Carlos is obviously a fantastic player.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Think you've missed the nuance in jumping to defend one of our best players this year. Maybe if I can follow your lead in using extreme examples: Roberto Carlos wouldn't immediately get into a Sam Allardcye team based on what Allardyce wants from a full-back but Roberto Carlos is obviously a fantastic player.
    I think you might find that Roberto Carlos is probably a bit too old, even at 47, for a Sam Allardyce team.....

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Off topic but I remember being stunned by his free kick at le tournoi as a 8/9 year old, one of those goals that just stays with you.

Every other time I saw him take one, expecting magic I think he hit the stands.

While I think the 7m is ludicrous hes very unlucky not to be in the squad when you see some of those selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think you might find that Roberto Carlos is probably a bit too old, even at 47, for a Sam Allardyce team.....
    Warnock would give him 3 years with an option to extend.