+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Norwich want Will Vaulks for £7m - allegedly

Re: Norwich want Will Vaulks for £7m - allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Warnock would give him 3 years with an option to extend.
    Young Player of the Year candidate?

Vaulks has played well for us recently, but I would be surprised if Norwich see him as a Premier League player. The Sheffield United link makes more sense, although I'm wondering if this story is his agent trying to get him a better contract from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Have to disagree Paul. He is not good enough for the Wales midfield. If he was playing last night he would have picked up at least a yellow and would have offered no composure on the ball. I do not rate him at all.
    Spedger
    That's a fair comment but the alternatives are Levitt, who couldn't get in the Charlton team and has been very, very poor when he's played; and Matt Smith who is playing in League One or Sheehan in League Two. If we are hanging on, and assume Morrell and Ampadu will start vs the Czechs on Tuesday, I'd much rather Vaulks coming on if Ampadu got a knock than playing a Luton reserve and a League One player who are both extremely inexperienced.

Vaulks is far from perfect but his absence from the squad is curious to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Warnock would give him 3 years with an option to extend.

Leaving aside the Mail’s extraordinary claim that the player is suddenly worth £7 million, the question that occurred to me while reading that report was why on earth would a Premier League-bound, possession-based, passing side like Norwich want Will Vaulks?

The answer has eluded me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Leaving aside the Mail’s extraordinary claim that the player is suddenly worth £7 million, the question that occurred to me while reading that report was why on earth would a Premier League-bound, possession-based, passing side like Norwich want Will Vaulks?

Clearly his career passing accuracy average of 66.5% is the answer you are looking for here....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Clearly his career passing accuracy average of 66.5% is the answer you are looking for here....
    66%. Fair play. I’d have had him closer to the 30% mark from what I’ve seen of him.

66%. Fair play. I’d have had him closer to the 30% mark from what I’ve seen of him.

Yes, I was a bit surprised by the figure as well. Question the statisicians...

Edit: Actually he's ok at finding the net from 30+ yards and from bizarre situations, yet struggles with passes of a few yards...

Yes, I was a bit surprised by the figure as well. Question the statisticians...
    If somebody asked me to describe Will Vaulks, I’d say something along the lines of: “Combative, energetic, niggly and deliberately dirty at times, a great striker of the ball when he catches it right, scores some spectacular goals but can’t pass for shit.”

Or maybe: “Not the type of player Norwich would be even remotely interested in.”

I like him , I hope we keep him

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That's a fair comment but the alternatives are Levitt, who couldn't get in the Charlton team and has been very, very poor when he's played; and Matt Smith who is playing in League One or Sheehan in League Two. If we are hanging on, and assume Morrell and Ampadu will start vs the Czechs on Tuesday, I'd much rather Vaulks coming on if Ampadu got a knock than playing a Luton reserve and a League One player who are both extremely inexperienced.

Vaulks is far from perfect but his absence from the squad is curious to say the least.
    The way I'm looking at it is that in four years time we're going to be starting our next world cup qualifying group(?) having waved goodbye to many of our favourites and really needing some of our younger players now to step up. Smith and Lewitt both have high ceilings of talent and fit the system we're looking to keep throughout the age groups, and the theory seems to be that giving them time, experience at international level is the way to develop them. Morrell probably has a lower ceiling of talent but fits into the system really well which would also explain Sheehan.

This has to be balanced against players playing well at a high level to look after our current position which is why many feel Vaulks deserves more of a chance, and there are going to be games where he's the perfect fit. Think many of us are disappointed in the way the news was broken to him as well.

Ultimately, they're all proud as punch to play for Wales and all deserve support.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I like him , I hope we keep him
    You would have kept Boland over Koumas....

You would have kept Boland over Koumas....
    I am just as God made me

If somebody asked me to describe Will Vaulks, I’d say something along the lines of: “Combative, energetic, niggly and deliberately dirty at times, a great striker of the ball when he catches it right, scores some spectacular goals but can’t pass for shit.”

Or maybe: “Not the type of player Norwich would be even remotely interested in.”
    But then you are no more than a football fan so nobody within the game would give a flying ****

I can't see how he'd fit into a Premier League club with any ambition. He's has a few qualities, but he doesn't really excel at anything. Every time I watch him play, I see mostly his limitations. He could probably be the best player in a League One team.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I despair sometimes at some peoples attitude to players. Vaulks has been consistently good this season, man of the match on a couple of occasions and a big part of our jump up the table under MM. Saying you don't rate him because he picks up yellow cards doesn't make sense. That has nothing to do with his ability. He is a combative midfielder which is something many teams want and picks up yellows as a result but has only been sent off once in his senior career. Cristiano Ronaldo has been sent off 11 times and booked over 120 times in his career but no one would say he was over rated.
    Comparing Vaulks to Ronaldo!

You’re the gift that keeps giving, comedy gold!

I'd say that Norwich in 19/20 were one of the worst Premier League teams in recent years as indicated by a total of just twenty one points. One reason I saw given for their awful record was that they were "too nice" a team, so I can understand why they would be looking for a Vaulks type player, but, given the club's record when it comes to recruitment in terms of value for money, I'd say they could do better than him if they were looking to spend £7 million on recruiting a more physical player in the middle of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    But then you are no more than a football fan so nobody within the game would give a flying ****
    That’s very true and extremely perceptive.

Tell me, fellow football fan, do you believe it’s likely that Championship leaders Norwich City are lining up a £7 million bid for Will Vaulks? I appreciate nobody within the game will give a flying **** what you think, but I’d be interested to hear your opinion all the same.

They were a bit embarrassed last season. Perhaps they are looking to add someone with a bit of bite, someone that isn't so nice and pretty. Maybe they think his long throw onto a cb can get some cheap goals.

Of course it's probably made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    They were a bit embarrassed last season. Perhaps they are looking to add someone with a bit of bite, someone that isn't so nice and pretty. Maybe they think his long throw onto a cb can get some cheap goals.

Of course it's probably made up.
    Yep its probably made up. Or Norwich have lost the plot completely.

If say a story came out saying Hull if promoted were looking to bid 1m for Will Vaulks id say yeah that sounds reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post

Too right. If he doesn't stop this kind of nonsense he will be comparing Swansea's performance last weekend, favourably to Brazil next!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Too right. If he doesn't stop this kind of nonsense he will be comparing Swansea's performance last weekend, favourably to Brazil next!
    Oof, knockout blow

With Joe Allen presumably out of next week's game, Wales have called up Swansea reserve defender Brandon Cooper who was on loan at Newport until January.
    Whatever you think of Vaulks, it makes me wonder what he's done to be behind lower league and reserve team players in the pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    With Joe Allen presumably out of next week's game, Wales have called up Swansea reserve defender Brandon Cooper who was on loan at Newport until January.
    Whatever you think of Vaulks, it makes me wonder what he's done to be behind lower league and reserve team players in the pecking order.
    It does look like he's been blackballed.
    Surprised nobody can shed some light on this.

That is a kick in the nuts for Will though selfishly he will be fresh for the run-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post

Christ, you really are thick. You obviously didn't read what I posted, just saw my user name and went for it.