+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Norwich want Will Vaulks for £7m - allegedly

Re: Norwich want Will Vaulks for £7m - allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Too right. If he doesn't stop this kind of nonsense he will be comparing Swansea's performance last weekend, favourably to Brazil next!
    Or possibly accusing people of stalking on this board when already being a serial stalker or in a critical thread on the manager stating that City players should never get tired as they a professional sportsmen and then in the next paragraph having a go at the manager for playing Moore to the ‘point of exhaustion’. Heaven forbid

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    With Joe Allen presumably out of next week's game, Wales have called up Swansea reserve defender Brandon Cooper who was on loan at Newport until January.
    Whatever you think of Vaulks, it makes me wonder what he's done to be behind lower league and reserve team players in the pecking order.
    It might be that there's good news about Joe Allen Clive and so there's no need for another midfielder to be called up - probably clutching at straws there mind

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It might be that there's good news about Joe Allen Clive and so there's no need for another midfielder to be called up - probably clutching at straws there mind
    Apparently down to Covid protocols of not calling someone up who is from outside the current group.
    (https://twitter.com/welshfootball_/s...25880898596865)

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Joe Allen has been ruled out of the two games.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Apparently down to Covid protocols of not calling someone up who is from outside the current group.
    (https://twitter.com/welshfootball_/s...25880898596865)
    It was announced this morning that Bradley Cooper(!) has been called up 🤔

The original report in the Mail must be pure fantasy? Why would a club come out now and say they were interested in a certain player and give a price on him? Let's face it if they did want him, £2-3m would be more like it, and City would take the cash.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Yes, I was a bit surprised by the figure as well. Question the statisicians...

Edit: Actually he's ok at finding the net from 30+ yards and from bizarre situations, yet struggles with passes of a few yards...
    How many goals have Cardiff scored this season (and last) that started with a Vaulks long throw?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    How many goals have Cardiff scored this season (and last) that started with a Vaulks long throw?
    Good point. They must consider his throw-ins as part of his passing accuracy.

Just to be clear I like Vaulks. He works hard, scores goals and contributes to goals. But let's be frank, his passing is dreadful.

I know not many like Giggs but these tweets from across the bridge might highlight what he is, for now, doing well as Wales manager:

FT - England U21s 0-2 Portugal U21s.

AB will go now they don’t have to pay up his deal. Deeper than one man though. Selection needs to emphasise skillsets that can cope at this level. Too much dictated by ‘form’ and club progression at the time of a squad announcement.

https://twitter.com/RowdenJRSG/statu...76006185660422
    Over the last decade England have started developing a real depth of talent which is great, but we’re still the country who at any chance will tell you, ‘it’s not about tactics, it’s about (insert individual traits)’ and I can’t help this mindset still dominates our football

https://twitter.com/ChrisSummersell/...75913793544196
    (Context being how bad England have been at Under 21 level in tournaments, especially since 2017, despite having best crop of talent potentially in the world).

As I alluded to in previous post in this thread, needs to be a balance between picking players to fit the system (heavier weighting) and picking players in form, and that different games may require different tactics and therefore different players to be called up. It's not wrong to want Vaulks to be treated better but away against Belgium and home against Cechia are unlikely to be the games for him - Giggs (Page) learning from LVG might be a good thing for us in the longer term.

Good point. They must consider his throw-ins as part of his passing accuracy.

Just to be clear I like Vaulks. He works hard, scores goals and contributes to goals. But let's be frank, his passing is dreadful.
    I think they practice that in training.

Another Championship master class from Vaulks this evening. Norwich must have watched in awe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    and presumably we would sell at that price if there's any truth in this.

Who do they play as a defensive midfielder, as most of the midfielders I can think of are better going forward - which was a big part of their problem last time around
    Let them have him.

Was it an April Fool’s joke? (The rumour or the team performance today).

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Another Championship master class from Vaulks this evening. Norwich must have watched in awe.

One thing that baffles me with Vaulks is his ability to score worldies from all sorts of angles and distances, yet struggles with a 2 yard pass to a team mate.

One thing that baffles me with Vaulks is his ability to score worldies from all sorts of angles and distances, yet struggles with a 2 yard pass to a team mate.
    He plays at 100mph, no composure

7m? I nearly spat my tea out.
    He can't pass, can't play forward, has zero composure, picks up most of his yellow cards out of petulance, scores 20 yarders once every 20 games..
    Norwich, where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Norwich, where are you?
    Currently dismantling Huddersfield in the snow at Carrow Road, 4-0 after half an hour.

Vaulks in this midfield alongside Cantwell and Buendia? Can’t see it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Currently dismantling Huddersfield in the snow at Carrow Road, 4-0 after half an hour.

Vaulks in this midfield alongside Cantwell and Buendia? Can’t see it somehow.
    buendia has a goal and 3 assists tonight. crazy that they managed to keep hold of him, he would get into most premier League teams

5 - 0 at the moment to Norwich

FT: Brentford 0-0 v Birmingham.

Norwich will be promoted this coming weekend if they win at Derby and both Swansea and Brentford fail to win.

7 - 0 at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    7 - 0 at the moment.
    That’s one for every million! 🤪

Could have been 10 if they signed the Wirral Zidane

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    buendia has a goal and 3 assists tonight. crazy that they managed to keep hold of him, he would get into most premier League teams
    Saw a stat tonight that Buendia has created 78 open play chances this season - the next highest are Aarons on 49, and Connor Roberts and Harvey Elliot on 48

They are going to have plenty of offers for him come the summer I think

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He is a combative midfielder which is something many teams want and picks up yellows as a result but has only been sent off once in his senior career.
    Twice now and that's the season finished for Vaulks.

Just finished watching the highlights of yesterday's game. It was an astonishingly bad tackle, especially considering the circumstances. What on earth was he trying to do?

I wonder if Norwich are poised to swoop.....