+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Norwich want Will Vaulks for £7m - allegedly

Re: Norwich want Will Vaulks for £7m - allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57371870

Aston Villa have agreed a club-record deal worth an initial £33m for Norwich City midfielder Emiliano Buendia.
    Class player. Best player in championship last season by a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Will Vaulks is like a combination of Zidane, Garrincha and Cruyff, with a bit of Gattuso thrown in

Is that the kind of thing you wanted?
    Ha ha, I love it. Anyone got Steve Bruce's number? I'll give him a personal recommendation; oh and by the way, I'll point out that Will is a regular customer of Sports Direct!

Aston Villa have agreed a club-record deal worth an initial £33m for Norwich City midfielder Emiliano Buendia.
    Norwich fans will be sorry to see him go. But at least they got a decent fee.

clearly sold Buendia to fund the move for Vaulks

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Little risk in that one for Villa.

He was stand out and another begrudgingly good purchase by them

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    clearly sold Buendia to fund the move for Vaulks
    A fully rested Vaulks I might add, no Euro distraction for him. I say put another 2 mill on the fee

Vaulks going to Norwich for £27m now!

I like Vaulks.

As a person and as a player I think he is underated ... He scores some worldies but also puts in a decent shift, often not effectively due to the plethora of similarly paced players in the team .. how any manager can have Ralls, pack and Vaulks in the same midfield really is absurd.

With a different mixture of midfielders I think Vaulks would be better (same can be said for the others though).

However, for 7 million I don't think city can turn that down and they won't.

If 5 million of that was reinvested in the team and especially on the midfield, it would transform the style of play.

I've read a few opposition websites and my impression is that he is highly regarded. He's one of those players that doesn't stand out but the team is less effective when he doesn't play. I hope he stays.

I too like Vaulks.

The goals he scores show that he is more than just an average footballer and the limited quality of player he has had to work with has perhaps watered down his effectiveness.

I wonder how many people who have had a bit of fun ridiculing Vaulks in this thread regarded Buendia as a £33m player.

No doubt there are people from Norwich happy to have money in the bank from the sale but many will be questioning their board's ambition too after gaining promotion and selling arguable their best player.

Similarly, why would anyone want to see us sell Vaulks, even for 7 million?
    If Vaulks were to leave us, no mater what the fee, we would be significantly weaker.

Plus there is no guarantee that money we would get for him would be spent on strengthening the squad, preferring to make do with what we already have.

I personally don't want to see any of our players linked with transfer speculation between now an next season, preferring to see one or two names coming the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    tough to turn that down a lot of clubs are on the breadline

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    tough to turn that down a lot of clubs are on the breadline
    With Delia it is probably an 'artisan', available on YouTube, breadline!

All of which means that in practise, any player heading to the Premier League who is a regular international is almost certain to pass, and likewise any player playing regularly in a strong league will also pass.

Those most likely to fall sort of the required points are players from a fringe league or someone who has not played much over the past two years, perhaps because of injury. Young players may also fall short if they have little professional experience – youth players have a whole separate and complex points system of their own.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1765015.html
    The impact of Brexit on football. Brentford have finally gone up partially based on scouting in less heralded leagues only for their model to be made more difficult by these new rules.

If there was ever a season for Norwich to keep the player rather than the money could this have been it?