Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
On a personal note, a few months ago I saw a camper van for sale on line from the same dealer I got my current one from. They are based near Exeter. I had a good look at the van via video and agreed a part exchange price. I paid £1K deposit and we worked on an exchange date.

Lockdowns meant we had to delay the deal and we finally agreed 29 March knowing that English travel restrictions would be eased on that date and there was a promise that Wales would cancel travel restrictions on 27th March. The dealer whilst closed until 12 April can open for 'click and collect' purchases.

The curved ball from Drakeford is that whilst I can travel anywhere in Wales, I can't cross into England for without a reasonable excuse.
If I don't do the deal on 29th the dealer has other customers that want the camper van and I'll lose my £1k deposit.

I'm left with no choice other than try to get to Exeter next week. I think this is classed as work as it's a business transaction. Any views appreciated.
What type of campervan are you buying LB? Only asking as they are going for a fortune at the moment, people asking silly prices because they know everyone is desperate to escape. I was looking to replace mine but I’m going to hang on a while until the market settles down. I got almost £23k for my T5 and it was 12 years old. It did have low miles and a very top end conversion.