+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scottish Independence

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Scottish Independence

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think this is missing the point tbh. It does happen with a female politician’s appearance much more than with men.

It’s quite often when Nicola Surgeon is brought up on here her appearance gets mentioned in a negative way. Doesn’t seem to happen half as much with male politicians.
    not just politicians, women are routinely judged for their appearance, where a man isn't.

I have noticed some small changes though - over the past few years on this board of there is a thread on a female sportsperson it is now probably about their sporting (or commentating) prowess, whereas only few years ago it would have been dominated by how attractive they were.

Even in the industry I work in, the men are the scruffiest bunch of kents you can imagine, whereas if a woman started to come to work as scruffily I think it would certainly alter people's perception of them.

A good example is GMTV (is it still called that?) 2 main presenters Piers Morgan (before he stropped off) and Susannah Reid - both good at what they do. Both trained journalists, yet the male looks like a ham that has been beat into a vaguely human shape with a trowel, and the female is genuinely beautiful. If Susannah Reid had Piers Morgan's face we would never have heard of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    not just politicians, women are routinely judged for their appearance, where a man isn't.

I have noticed some small changes though - over the past few years on this board of there is a thread on a female sportsperson it is now probably about their sporting (or commentating) prowess, whereas only few years ago it would have been dominated by how attractive they were.

Even in the industry I work in, the men are the scruffiest bunch of kents you can imagine, whereas if a woman started to come to work as scruffily I think it would certainly alter people's perception of them.

A good example is GMTV (is it still called that?) 2 main presenters Piers Morgan (before he stropped off) and Susannah Reid - both good at what they do. Both trained journalists, yet the male looks like a ham that has been beat into a vaguely human shape with a trowel, and the female is genuinely beautiful. If Susannah Reid had Piers Morgan's face we would never have heard of her.
    That's just as much as a female issue as a male one.

Women judge women so much

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    That's just as much as a female issue as a male one.

Women judge women so much
    Oh absolutely, because they're also brought up in a society where they are taught women are valued for their appearance. It starts at a very young age . I think things are slowly changing though, and the younger generatons seem t have a much better awareness of it