+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MY CITY MY SHIRT

Re: MY CITY MY SHIRT

I feel the club needs to sort themselves out and get into the Grangetown and Butetown communities. Maybe get a few somali and asian on the pr side of things?

Email the club and remind them of the slogan ‘City As One’. All colours and creeds welcome as one, I’ve just dropped them one, let’s let them know our feelings

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    If i had asked the same i would no doubt get the same offer of a catering job.
    The bloke who asked the question was a youth worker from the docks and the people he represented were from that area . He asked the club what opportunities they would have in terms of employment. He meant and everyone knew he meant proper jobs with the football club such as admin , public relations , accounts , office work , IT

He was told by the groundsman there were catering jobs available

It was obvious the club were institutionally racist

The only black person I have ever seen working down at cardiff city is the fella who guards the manager

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm not surprised to hear any of that. What was it Sludge, 10 years ago? Things look like they haven't changed. Fans should Email the club and complain. I hope the press get hold of it as well. Cardiff has a proud history of fighting racism, and although far from perfect, is in a much healthier position (when it comes to inclusion) than plenty of other towns and cities. CCFC should be ashamed, and the person who used the words 'Reverse Racism' needs educating.
    Yes , about ten years ago , maybe more

I had some interesting debates with certain fans well known to us who accused the trust of being politically correct

Which was of course complete bollocks

The aim of the community side of the trust was to make cardiff city a safe place for the local community to come

I had all sorts of oh Asians don't like football from the knuckleheads

When the truth was they love football but see Cardiff City as a white place

And thats overwhelmingly true

The response is so disappointing from the club - I'm ashamed.
    I have a Bengali mate who wants me to take him to a game (he's a sofa Arsenal fan normally), but is worried about the lack of diversity amongst the fans. Little did I know that it would be the club whod appear to be less welcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The response is so disappointing from the club - I'm ashamed.
    I have a Bengali mate who wants me to take him to a game (he's a sofa Arsenal fan normally), but is worried about the lack of diversity amongst the fans. Little did I know that it would be the club whod appear to be less welcoming.
    The club has always talked a lot but has done feck all to involve the community

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He grew up on Ninian park Rd and now lives off Sloper Road. He's now got a young lad who likes football and wants to take him to games in the future and to feel welcomed there. This isn't going to help.

He grew up on Ninian park Rd and now lives off Sloper Road. He's now got a young lad who likes football and wants to take him to games in the future and to feel welcomed there. This isn't going to help.
    I've emailed the club, get on it mate

disagree sludge the cardiff city foundation has been active in the local communities going into schools talking about well being , racism etc pre covid all over south wales

I run a multi cultural football kids side for 10 years in Grange town and the club were very supportive in helping us

I will stand my ground here and say the club has been very active in that department

of course more can be done but lets not be too negative on the club when it comes to involving the local community they do reach out

Very few people from the black and Asian community at cardiff city over the years

CCFC has never done anything about it

We went down to the Grangetown Carnival with city flags , scarves etc and set up a stall , two years running . Kids of all backgrounds were interested in all the bluebirds stuff.

I reckon the trust in those two days did more to promote CCFC in the areas that border the ground than the club has ever done

Kids from these areas love football

It is also very odd that CCFC is not scouting these areas as there is football talent there

Rugby Union and Rugby League have benefitted greatly from players with roots in Grangetown, Butetown etc

CCFC ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    disagree sludge the cardiff city foundation has been active in the local communities going into schools talking about well being , racism etc pre covid all over south wales

I run a multi cultural football kids side for 10 years in Grange town and the club were very supportive in helping us

I will stand my ground here and say the club has been very active in that department

of course more can be done but lets not be too negative on the club when it comes to involving the local community they do reach out
    They haven't been proactive in getting the more diverse communities involved and attending games. They've done bugger all on that front.

I refer you to the community event staged at the cardiff city stadium

It was an idea the trust, a group of volunteers , came up with

The club provided the venue and it turned into a public relations event for them to show everyone how they were teaching kids maths

It completely missed the point

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They haven't been proactive in getting the more diverse communities involved and attending games. They've done bugger all on that front.
    The club have done bugger all in getting anyone to attend games, marketing has always been shit to an almost comical degree

I went to school in Fairwater, kids all from Caerau, Ely, Fairwater & Pentrebane. All loved football, nobody even thought about playing rugby, but the WRU were there every autumn dishing out tickets etc. Feck all off Cardiff City. The result? 2 people from my schoolyear are City fans. I'm sure its the same in every school in Cardiff.

Some clubs give out shirts to schoolkids to try and get the kids into the club. It goes a long way to giving the club some goodwill and (hopefully) extra fans, why can't we do that? Accrington Stanley did it so we could obviously afford to do it.

Cardiff City has a record of thinking people are just going to turn up and watch them . The PR department of Cardiff City seems to be stuck in time . And its approach to community involvement is a joke .

Swansea City , who I pray lose every game , are far more involved with the population of Swansea and the surrounding areas than us and have been for years .

Its unforgiveable really
    100% agree

The bloke who asked the question was a youth worker from the docks and the people he represented were from that area . He asked the club what opportunities they would have in terms of employment. He meant and everyone knew he meant proper jobs with the football club such as admin , public relations , accounts , office work , IT

He was told by the groundsman there were catering jobs available

It was obvious the club were institutionally racist

The only black person I have ever seen working down at cardiff city is the fella who guards the manager
    Hard to say really. Depends how many asian and black people apply for the jobs?. I work all over the uk and for some reason i'm very much the minority as most of my workmates are somali ,black and asian i wouldn't accuse my company which is partly owned by a black fella as being racist it's probably due to less white people applying for the jobs.
    But i totaly agree what you said in the thread above that our club needs to look down the road at what swansea have been doing for years which is getting into local areas and possibly funding community projects and making these people feel welcome at our/their club.

i,m taking a stand here

this thread is now becoming embarrassing for Cardiff City football club

Listen the club is very pro active in involving all people from south wales to support our club .

get a grip FFS

i,m taking a stand here

Listen the club is very pro active in involving all people from south wales to support our club .

get a grip FFS
    And so it should be embarrassing for the club judging by the response by them as set out in the linked report. I'll add the proviso that the "project" may possibly have had something in it that they felt they were unable to support, but to base their lack of backing on a suspicion that supporting it would be viewed as "reverse racism" is offensive rubbish and tells a story as to the attitude of those who could arrive at such a conclusion.

The lack of black former players in positions of management has long been an issue in the game and, forget trying to find "reverse racism" behind every corner, it hints, actually it does more than that, at racism pure and simple.

I shouldn't have to say well done to Cardiff City for employing Terry Connor because he just should get the job automatically if he's who the manager wanted as his assistant, but I will. However, for the one step forward they took there, the response and the reported reason given for it, to this project is five steps backwards.

I'll be e-mailing the club this morning about this and hope others will do too - it'd be good to see the Trust get involved as well.

Listen the club is very pro active in involving all people from south wales to support our club.
    I'm listening. How is the club very proactive in involving all people from South Wales to support it? Provide some examples of this alleged proactivity.

i,m taking a stand here

get a grip FFS
    There's probably a video on Youtube that shows the players going into a school in Grangetown or something. That's enough evidence for you, going on the Trump thread.

i,m taking a stand here

get a grip FFS
    Mozzer you are a good bloke

But Cardiff City has never taken its role as the football club representing the city of Cardiff and its surrounding areas seriously

The trust tried to get various projects off the ground but it was a waste of time

You can't do much about fans having racist views .....apart from reporting them if it happens at games but the club has on its doorstep a very diverse community

These people are not seen at Cardiff City games in any great number

The club is very poor at getting its brand for want of a better word across to the overall population of Cardiff and South Wales , including potential fans on its doorstep

For a club official to suggest that promoting equality would possibly be reverse racism and offend our existing fan base, which is overwhelmingly white , is staggering

Did the club seriously say that was reverse racism? How out of touch can you get.

What email is the best to use to email about this?

Mozzer you are a good bloke

But Cardiff City has never taken its role as the football club representing the city of Cardiff and its surrounding areas seriously

The trust tried to get various projects off the ground but it was a waste of time

You can't do much about fans having racist views .....apart from reporting them if it happens at games but the club has on its doorstep a very diverse community

These people are not seen at Cardiff City games in any great number

The club is very poor at getting its brand for want of a better word across to the overall population of Cardiff and South Wales , including potential fans on its doorstep

For a club official to suggest that promoting equality would possibly be reverse racism and offend our existing fan base, which is overwhelmingly white , is staggering
    It’s a sad indictment of the Club, but you are so right in what you say Sludge. With a BIPOC Owner and CEO you would think they might try to be inclusive in promoting the “Brand” of Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Did the club seriously say that was reverse racism? How out of touch can you get.

What email is the best to use to email about this?
    I sent mine via the contact us section on the home page of the club’s website, but I’ve had no acknowledgment of receipt since pressing the submit button with mine, so you may want to try a different way than that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I sent mine via the contact us section on the home page of the club’s website, but I’ve had no acknowledgment of receipt since pressing the submit button with mine, so you may want to try a different way than that.
    I used the same email address. I really hope that fans put some pressure on the club over this.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Anyone feeling "alienated" by that portrait shouldn't be welcome at the club - on the face of it. this seems like a total misjudgement by City.
    Again.