Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MY CITY MY SHIRT

Re: MY CITY MY SHIRT

Muralgate

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Anyway i just wanted to say i liked the mural. 8 pages of bickering ffs
    Its great you said you liked the mural and posted it

But it seems those at the top of Cardiff City couldn't endorse it because it might be seen , in a city with a large black and Asian community , of alienating our supporter base and is reverse racism

No wonder people have e mailed the club

Its a crock of shite and only 1 poster has disagreed with the feeling of what the feck is the club up to ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

But it seems those at the top of Cardiff City couldn't endorse it because it might be seen , in a city with a large black and Asian community , of alienating our supporter base and is reverse racism

Its a crock of shite and only 1 poster has disagreed with the feeling of what the feck is the club up to ?
    And 1 poster who thinks his opinion holds more weight the more he repeats himself over and over in the same thread. How you manage to get through the day I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And 1 poster who thinks his opinion holds more weight the more he repeats himself over and over in the same thread. How you manage to get through the day I don’t know.
    He can't help himself

You said earlier in the thread that when asked about jobs someone at the club stated they only have certain jobs available but you tried twisting it as racist?. So what would it be if i had asked the same question and was given exactly the same answer?

You said earlier in the thread that when asked about jobs someone at the club stated they only have certain jobs available but you tried twisting it as racist?. So what would it be if i had asked the same question and was given exactly the same answer?
    I think that the point of the question at the time, was, are there inroads within the Black and Asian community in the south of Cardiff to be represented in the work place at the club, and what are the club doing to encourage that community in terms of job opportunity, in a higher capacity that casual labour. That's how i'm interpreting the question. The answer from the groundsman may have been factually correct, although not the one required. Incidentally, i don't really want to get into a row about this, it's just my interpretation.

I was there

It most certainly was racist

No twisting anything

People in the audience were gobsmacked that when a bloke representing young lads from the black community of the city asked if there were going to be career opportunities at Cardiff city for the local community he was told , by a club official they had jobs in the burger stands available

It was fecking unbelievable but I and plenty of others witnessed it

I just answer points in a thread that interest me

A thread about computers for example wouldn't interest me in the slightest

If you think that I post more often , on this thread for example , because I think that my opinion is more important and holds more weight then you are entitled to hold that view .

But I am afraid its incorrect .

I was there

It most certainly was racist

No twisting anything

People in the audience were gobsmacked that when a bloke representing young lads from the black community of the city asked if there were going to be career opportunities at Cardiff city for the local community he was told , by a club official they had jobs in the burger stands available

It was fecking unbelievable but I and plenty of others witnessed it
    Why should they just be given jobs because of the colour of their skin?

Should some inner city black kid with no relevant skills be given a job in the marketing department over some White kid who’s done 3 years in university gaining a marketing degree?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The single biggest reason why people of different ethnic backgrounds feel unable to attend matches and be part of the club as fans, is the way in which they are treated by other fans and the fact that they perceive that coming to the ground would not be an enjoyable experience and could even be dangerous.
    How do you know this to be a fact? What evidence do you have?

Should some inner city black kid with no relevant skills be given a job in the marketing department over some White kid who’s done 3 years in university gaining a marketing degree?
    of course they wouldnt, would that be ‘reverse racism’ ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that the point of the question at the time, was, are there inroads within the Black and Asian community in the south of Cardiff to be represented in the work place at the club, and what are the club doing to encourage that community in terms of job opportunity, in a higher capacity that casual labour. That's how i'm interpreting the question. The answer from the groundsman may have been factually correct, although not the one required. Incidentally, i don't really want to get into a row about this, it's just my interpretation.
    That was indeed clearly the point of the question , which was asked by a bloke who said he represented various youth groups in the South Cardiff area. He was asking if jobs in marketing , IT , etc were available , real jobs with prospects

The groundsman said that jobs in the burger bars were available

Lots of people from the trust were there and other people from voluntary organisations in the city

It was the end of an evening that had been hijacked by the club and the question and answer session just showed how completely out of touch Cardiff City were and judging by the latest comments on reverse racism , still are

The Trust put loads of work into that event , we got loads of abuse by racist Cardiff City fans and it was a complete horror show

Nothing will change until someone with some teeth is involved

The trust did their best and continue to do their best but your average Cardiff City fan simply can't be bothered

You sound like you should be working for Cardiff City recruitment department

Thats just what they were implying

People shouldn't be given jobs because of the colour of their skin, the problem has arisen, and the questions are being asked, because black people weren't getting jobs because of the colour of their skin

People shouldn't be given jobs because of the colour of their skin, the problem has arisen, and the questions are being asked, because black people weren't getting jobs because of the colour of their skin
    Or perhaps they weren’t relevantly qualified? Did they even apply for jobs? Is there proof of blacks / Somalis with marketing or IT degrees historically applying and being overlooked for jobs at ccfc?

Or perhaps they weren’t relevantly qualified? Did they even apply for jobs? Is there proof of blacks / Somalis historically applying and being overlooked for jobs at ccfc?
    There's certainly proof that black people are misrepresented in the workplace.

Especially at Cardiff City

There’s no proof that people with the relevant qualifications have been overlooked because of the colour of their skin.

If Cardiff City were as racist as you and the rest of the loons on this thread seem to be implying how come we’ve got so many black players? A black assistant manager? More important positions than someone in marketing or IT I would suggest.

There’s no proof that people with the relevant qualifications have been overlooked because of the colour of their skin.
    How do you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    How do you know that?
    Got proof have you?

Got proof have you?
    No. Do you have any proof that it hasn't happened?

It’s true across the board in every other industry with a lot of proof available, what makes you think it’s any different?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    No. Do you have any proof that it hasn't happened?
    I’m not the one screaming racists at people with no proof. If you’re going to call the club racist at least back it up with some proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s true across the board in every other industry with a lot of proof available, what makes you think it’s any different?
    Ah so you’re assuming. If you are going to imply the club is institutionally racist at least back it up with something a bit more substantial than an assumption.

I’m not the one screaming racists at people with no proof. If you’re going to call the club racist at least back it up with some proof.
    Neither am I and I haven't called the club racist as I don't believe it is.