+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MY CITY MY SHIRT

Re: MY CITY MY SHIRT

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    There were hooligans who liked a fight against anybody who was interested (organised or otherwise), there were racists in the crowd who shouted vile abuse at black players all the time in front of everyone and there were racist hooligans who had fights with black people. I was there and witnessed it. Anyone who denies it happened is just plain wrong. Anyone who thinks that all that had no influence on ethnic minority people attending games is deluded.
    You were around before me, the late 80's / early 90's was my time

I went to home and away games with a " Welsh Asian " for many seasons and i must admit, I never witnessed racism directed at him ( infact racism in general, thats not to say it didnt happen though, before the usual " If blue matt didnt see it, then it couldnt have happened " ) pretty sure he never did either, we would have dealt with it

I witnessed plenty of headcases, but they didnt care who they had a fight with, it didnt matter on the colour of your skin to them, a fight is a fight

Talking of my Asian mate, the only place we experienced racism was on our 93 euro jaunt, for the standard liege game, his cousin would occasionally come to home games with us, them started to go down with his own mates ( all Asian ), they felt welcome and as far as i know didnt suffer racist abuse, they spent a few years going to various home games, they appeared to stop when they discovered girls

So you deny that any of that used to happen ? You obviously weren't there then or have some other reason for not wanting to remember it. What is the matter with you. I remember it like it was yesterday because I was actually there.
    The worst incident i saw from City fans was the throwing of bananas at Man City keeper, Alex Williams, and monkey chants aimed at him, from a group in the canton stand, must've been mid eighties? I've heard a few racist chants, but over the last ten years it's been individual racists, shouting stuff, not a collective thing, although they're still there.

Wasn’t Nicky Parsons sent packing for his allegiance to the National Front?

So you deny that any of that used to happen ? You obviously weren't there then or have some other reason for not wanting to remember it. What is the matter with you. I remember it like it was yesterday because I was actually there.
    Yes i am saying that Cardiff City hooligans who went searching specifically for black people to beat up is a load of utter bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The worst incident i saw from City fans was the throwing of bananas at Man City keeper, Alex Williams, and monkey chants aimed at him, from a group in the canton stand, must've been mid eighties? I've heard a few racist chants, but over the last ten years it's been individual racists, shouting stuff, not a collective thing, although they're still there.
    Well I’ve been following the club home and away since 1992 and never heard collective racist chanting

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Well I’ve been following the club home and away since 1992 and never heard collective racist chanting
    Yeah, not ten years like i said, i was way off. Probably mid nineties-"I'd rather be a p***i than a jack"

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    City fans never got into the NF-BNP thing.

Exactly.

Even though we undoubtedly have our share of Racist morons, I would guess from my experience we have fewer than many clubs.

Never? What about you’re just a town full of p*kis? It’s definitely isn’t a common thing but there have definitely been a few incidents like that when I’ve been away, and I didn’t start going away until 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    disagree sludge the cardiff city foundation has been active in the local communities going into schools talking about well being , racism etc pre covid all over south wales

I run a multi cultural football kids side for 10 years in Grange town and the club were very supportive in helping us

I will stand my ground here and say the club has been very active in that department

of course more can be done but lets not be too negative on the club when it comes to involving the local community they do reach out
    Cardiff City Foundation is a charity and receives funding from Local Authorities not Cardiff City FC and therefore is not guided by the club as to where the work takes place. As for Grangetown, lived here most of my life and it’s a joke to say the club are involved in the local community. Doing what? Give us a list cos I’ve no idea what you’re talking about.

One or two were re-educated or shown the door.

There’s been isolated examples of racism but I’ve always found it was quickly stepped on by supporters near to the brain dead twat who has opened his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Never? What about you’re just a town full of p*kis? It’s definitely isn’t a common thing but there have definitely been a few incidents like that when I’ve been away, and I didn’t start going away until 2004.
    In the 1970’s, 1980’s and 1990’s it was rife both within Ninian Park and on away trips. It has definitely improved greatly since those days due to the clubs actions and those of supporter groups who have become much less tolerant and rightly so. In fact within the new stadium I would say incidences of racist abuse (and violence) have more or less disappeared, apart from the odd isolated incident which is quickly stamped upon. Unfortunately however the reputation of those ‘old days’ still tarnishes the clubs image amongst groups of fans that might consider coming along.

Yes i am saying that Cardiff City hooligans who went searching specifically for black people to beat up is a load of utter bollox.
    You are totally wrong, which shows how naive you actually are.

You are totally wrong, which shows how naive you actually are.
    That's one hell of a statement to make. That means that we had a specific racist-Fascist element of fans who targeted ethnic minorities-That's what you're saying, Right? I've been watching since 1982, i have mates who started before me, one or two who were Anti Fascist etc. They've told me about isolated incidents, but they've never said that there was actually a group who had specific racist tendencies. I'm sure that i would have heard about it, and fans would've discussed the subject on here.

My old man and my mother were heavily involved with the ANL back in the 70's and 80's, they travelled everywhere to confront fascists, they were both big City fans as well. He knew every NF member in south wales and was aware of where they'd be if they were promoting their sick message. The only time he mentioned Fascists promoting their crap at Ninian Park was when Chelsea and West Ham arrived during the eighties, he new that they were going to try and sell Fascist Literature, it was usually carried out in conjunction with a bloke named Gerry Gable who produced an Anti Fascist magazine called 'Searchlight' it would identify fascists in all walks of life. There wasn't a problem in Cardiff, the Fascists would always get run out of the city.

Its been suggested the club has moved on and has a zero tolerance to discriminatory behaviour and is doing what it can to be inclusive

If thats the case why is a club representative against the idea of supporting the fantastic artwork depicting Black people wearing Cardiff City shirts in case it leads to .......reverse racism ?

As for mass racist chanting its not and never has been the whole ground but there were incidents of large groups of Cardiff fans chanting you are just a town full of pakis at Bradford and Oldham fans . That wasn't in the 1970s era of Millwall and Chelsea .

Indeed , Coventry away was embarrassing, banging the coach windows at the Asian community as we neared the ground .

I told the twats to shut up and reported it to the steward but nothing was done

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    he was indeed , fecked off to watch spurs i think , which is ironic

well clearly you had ear muffs on

Bradford City , home .......you're just a town full of P***s

Rather wear a turban than a rose .......thick feckwit cardiff fans towards Oldham fans

Thats a stupid question. Its because the club has a reputation amongst black and other ethnic minority groups for having hooligan and racist fans. Its an unfair reputation nowadays, certainly since we moved from Ninian Park and Tan took over but if you were a father or grandfather of a young black person, would you encourage your son or grandson to go to watch City or would you actually take him to watch ? Thats how most fans start out. If ever I am away and tell someone I meet that I am a Cardiff City fan, invariably the first thing they say is along the lines of ‘you are one of those hooligans then are you’ or ‘had any good fights down there lately’ or ‘oh yes - that racist bunch’. Perhaps you don't think we ever had a hooligan or racist problem in the first place ? Perhaps you were part of that problem ? The longstanding reputation of our fans is definitely a problem and no sane person would ever dispute that.
    I don't think , given his background , TLG would be part of any racist element at cardiff city

I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't think , given his background , TLG would be part of any racist element at cardiff city

I could be wrong
    Hell No! He's actually been racially abused at Ninian Park and i was with him when he fronted 3 racist bullies at Charlton, big lads as well, but he didn't back down. He's no racist, he's actively against Racism.

Indeed , Coventry away was embarrassing, banging the coach windows at the Asian community as we neared the ground .

I told the twats to shut up and reported it to the steward but nothing was done
    Is that racist? Part of being a little twat on the away bus banging the windows at home supporters and giving the V / wanker sign regardless of skin colour.

No, can’t say I ever heard that in a large scale chant. I do remember Cardiff fans chanting about the Bradford fire disaster which still remains one of the sickest chants I heard in a ground.

No, can’t say I ever heard that in a large scale chant. I do remember Cardiff fans chanting about the Bradford fire disaster which still remains one of the sickest chants I heard in a ground.
    Last game of the season a few years back at Valley Parade during a 2-0 defeat some numbnut near me started singing ‘Sing when you’re burning, you only sing when you’re burning’, I tore him off a right strip and so did a few others. The next day was a family day at Rick Wright’s Majestic Holiday Camp, I’m with my lot and guess who’s walking towards me? He turned away, in shame I hope, and changed direction, horrible, horrible thing to sing, shame on him.

Is that racist? Part of being a little twat on the away bus banging the windows at home supporters and giving the V / wanker sign regardless of skin colour.
    These were adults JR and they were calling them dirty P***s

Definitely racists

One of the clowns came over to my seat and told me to leave them alone , they were only having a laugh

These were adults JR and they were calling them dirty P***s

Definitely racists

One of the clowns came over to my seat and told me to leave them alone , they were only having a laugh
    Fair enough. I travelled a couple of times with the Rams where that type of behaviour was pretty normal. It’s like some people are let out for the day without their carer and go bananas.