+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MY CITY MY SHIRT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: MY CITY MY SHIRT

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Never? What about you’re just a town full of p*kis? It’s definitely isn’t a common thing but there have definitely been a few incidents like that when I’ve been away, and I didn’t start going away until 2004.
    Indeed , Coventry away was embarrassing, banging the coach windows at the Asian community as we neared the ground .

I told the twats to shut up and reported it to the steward but nothing was done

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Indeed , Coventry away was embarrassing, banging the coach windows at the Asian community as we neared the ground .

I told the twats to shut up and reported it to the steward but nothing was done
    Is that racist? Part of being a little twat on the away bus banging the windows at home supporters and giving the V / wanker sign regardless of skin colour.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Is that racist? Part of being a little twat on the away bus banging the windows at home supporters and giving the V / wanker sign regardless of skin colour.
    These were adults JR and they were calling them dirty P***s

Definitely racists

One of the clowns came over to my seat and told me to leave them alone , they were only having a laugh

These were adults JR and they were calling them dirty P***s

Definitely racists

One of the clowns came over to my seat and told me to leave them alone , they were only having a laugh
    Fair enough. I travelled a couple of times with the Rams where that type of behaviour was pretty normal. It’s like some people are let out for the day without their carer and go bananas.

Fair enough. I travelled a couple of times with the Rams where that type of behaviour was pretty normal. It’s like some people are let out for the day without their carer and go bananas.
    Definitely true. I remember some of the coaches pulling up and people literally falling out of the door they were so pissed. Not all, obviously, but imagine having to get in that much of a state travelling on a coach. **** me, that's a problem. They'd then proceed to **** it all up for the majority of decent fans because the police would change their attitude. It was a minority though....i think

There you go then. I can assure you that in the 70’s and 80’s particularly but also into the 90’s, there was racist behaviour going on both inside and outside the grounds by City fans. Monkey noises, throwing bananas, chants of you black b****** at players, using the N word, shouting a derogatory German word for black person at individual players, gangs of City supporters wandering around away towns looking for Asian people to beat up etc. This was in addition to general levels of violence towards the police and away fans (and sometimes between themselves !). It was not a pleasant atmosphere at all and led me to stop going away eventually. A reputation like that takes a very long time to go away and it is no wonder that Black and Asian people especially are still reluctant to come along. It is totally different now thank god, due to work by the club, fans groups, Police and football authorities but there is still some work to be done obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Wasn’t Nicky Parsons sent packing for his allegiance to the National Front?
    he was indeed , fecked off to watch spurs i think , which is ironic

Well I’ve been following the club home and away since 1992 and never heard collective racist chanting
    well clearly you had ear muffs on

Bradford City , home .......you're just a town full of P***s

Rather wear a turban than a rose .......thick feckwit cardiff fans towards Oldham fans

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thats a stupid question. Its because the club has a reputation amongst black and other ethnic minority groups for having hooligan and racist fans. Its an unfair reputation nowadays, certainly since we moved from Ninian Park and Tan took over but if you were a father or grandfather of a young black person, would you encourage your son or grandson to go to watch City or would you actually take him to watch ? Thats how most fans start out. If ever I am away and tell someone I meet that I am a Cardiff City fan, invariably the first thing they say is along the lines of ‘you are one of those hooligans then are you’ or ‘had any good fights down there lately’ or ‘oh yes - that racist bunch’. Perhaps you don't think we ever had a hooligan or racist problem in the first place ? Perhaps you were part of that problem ? The longstanding reputation of our fans is definitely a problem and no sane person would ever dispute that.
    I don't think , given his background , TLG would be part of any racist element at cardiff city

I could be wrong

I don't think , given his background , TLG would be part of any racist element at cardiff city

I could be wrong
    Hell No! He's actually been racially abused at Ninian Park and i was with him when he fronted 3 racist bullies at Charlton, big lads as well, but he didn't back down. He's no racist, he's actively against Racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Never? What about you’re just a town full of p*kis? It’s definitely isn’t a common thing but there have definitely been a few incidents like that when I’ve been away, and I didn’t start going away until 2004.
    No, can’t say I ever heard that in a large scale chant. I do remember Cardiff fans chanting about the Bradford fire disaster which still remains one of the sickest chants I heard in a ground.

No, can’t say I ever heard that in a large scale chant. I do remember Cardiff fans chanting about the Bradford fire disaster which still remains one of the sickest chants I heard in a ground.
    Last game of the season a few years back at Valley Parade during a 2-0 defeat some numbnut near me started singing ‘Sing when you’re burning, you only sing when you’re burning’, I tore him off a right strip and so did a few others. The next day was a family day at Rick Wright’s Majestic Holiday Camp, I’m with my lot and guess who’s walking towards me? He turned away, in shame I hope, and changed direction, horrible, horrible thing to sing, shame on him.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Last game of the season a few years back at Valley Parade during a 2-0 defeat some numbnut near me started singing ‘Sing when you’re burning, you only sing when you’re burning’, I tore him off a right strip and so did a few others. The next day was a family day at Rick Wright’s Majestic Holiday Camp, I’m with my lot and guess who’s walking towards me? He turned away, in shame I hope, and changed direction, horrible, horrible thing to sing, shame on him.
    I was at that game. There were fun and games that day.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Yeah disgusting. I never understood fans who bait other fans using football disasters as bait. Trampled by a horse is another that disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I was at that game. There were fun and games that day.
    I was living in Bradford at the time, the worst violence the city had ever seen according to the telegraph and argus in the days following the game .

I went into Bradford interchange to meet a mate off the train from Leeds, couldn't get anywhere near it , cardiffs train lot turned up and it was carnage , a huge bloke came up to me and said get out of town , cardiff are here . I said I am cardiff . He said , stick with us we are going to sort Bradford and Leeds out so I said cheers mate but I have to go to the cashpoint .

I was living in Bradford at the time, the worst violence the city had ever seen according to the telegraph and argus in the days following the game .

I went into Bradford interchange to meet a mate off the train from Leeds, couldn't get anywhere near it , cardiffs train lot turned up and it was carnage , a huge bloke came up to me and said get out of town , cardiff are here . I said I am cardiff . He said , stick with us we are going to sort Bradford and Leeds out so I said cheers mate but I have to go to the cashpoint .
    I was on that train

Mothercare shut was it?

Definitely true. I remember some of the coaches pulling up and people literally falling out of the door they were so pissed. Not all, obviously, but imagine having to get in that much of a state travelling on a coach. **** me, that's a problem. They'd then proceed to **** it all up for the majority of decent fans because the police would change their attitude. It was a minority though....i think
    The Rams was the start of anyone travelling independently had to let the old ****ing bill know. My mates went to Norwich with them and they stopped off in Wooten Bassett on way home for a drink and the Rams end up smashing this vilage pub up and beat up a load of students / kids. They were a ****ing embarrassment.

The Rams was the start of anyone travelling independently had to let the old ****ing bill know. My mates went to Norwich with them and they stopped off in Wooten Bassett on way home for a drink and the Rams end up smashing this vilage pub up and beat up a load of students / kids. They were a ****ing embarrassment.
    Some of them were a handful, to say the least. I couldn't understand that level of drinking. Sat on a stinking coach and getting mashed up. What a set up.

Yeah disgusting. I never understood fans who bait other fans using football disasters as bait. Trampled by a horse is another that disgusts me.
    I was in the car park at Ninian and a load of Bridgend were pretending to be on horseback , I thought it was the jacks are gypsies piss take .

Later on I realised what they were doing .

Makes you wonder whats going on upstairs

Huddersfield away was bad news , the rams drank in Manchester and got the train over to Huddersfield with the coaches going to the ground to pick them up

The police attacked the rams outside Huddersfield train station , totally uncalled for , marched them past Huddersfields main pub and several fans were injured

After the game the rams had a right go at the police in revenge for what had gone on earlier , one copper was given a right hiding

Not nice to see

I was on that train
    this lot were serious loonies

There was a pub on the left of the hill as you walk to valley parade

That was demolished

What kind of kick do people get out of that ?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Mothercare shut was it?
    Don't come that with me

What utter bollox. Having a few morons who can’t hold their beer and use racist language is one thing, but suggesting Cardiff had a hooligan element who seeked out black or Asian supporters to dish out violence, im sorry but that’s utter, utter bollox.

Some of the main players in the Soul Crew in the 80s and 90s were black lads.

What utter bollox. Having a few morons who can’t hold their beer and use racist language is one thing, but suggesting Cardiff had a hooligan element who seeked out black or Asian supporters to dish out violence, im sorry but that’s utter, utter bollox.

Some of the main players in the Soul Crew in the 80s and 90s were black lads.
    You go from denying it ever happened at all, to trying to make out that it was an isolated few and that there was no violence or racism involved. Well, I am telling you that I saw it and heard it and you admit that you weren't even following City at the time. Once again you think that only your opinion is valid and that you know everything. Well sorry to burst your bubble, you obviously aren't as clever as you think. You toddle along believing what you like. The longer people like you do that, the less likely it is that the problem will ever be fully and finally solved.