+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: WALES 1 - 0 MEXICO. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 0 MEXICO. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I thought he did ok tonight. movement off the ball was decent and his pace is an asset when pressuring. he tracked back really well after losing the ball.
    when he dropped into midfield he played some decent passes too - the one chance we had where HRK tried somewhere flick that went wide, Matondo started that move with a lovely ball out to Jonny Williams played for him to run into . and if HRK had left the ball matondo was unmarked in the box as well so could perhaps have ended it too.
    granted he isn't really adding a consistent threat, which for his position is obviously important. I do think there is a player in there though. he has all the attributes, perhaps he just needs his confidence back.
    I agree, based on what I've seen of him in his appearances for Wales in friendly games, I'm surprised he's not made more of an impact at Stoke - I thought he played pretty well last night,

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 0 MEXICO. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I thought he did ok tonight. movement off the ball was decent and his pace is an asset when pressuring. he tracked back really well after losing the ball.
    when he dropped into midfield he played some decent passes too - the one chance we had where HRK tried somewhere flick that went wide, Matondo started that move with a lovely ball out to Jonny Williams played for him to run into . and if HRK had left the ball matondo was unmarked in the box as well so could perhaps have ended it too.
    granted he isn't really adding a consistent threat, which for his position is obviously important. I do think there is a player in there though. he has all the attributes, perhaps he just needs his confidence back.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, based on what I've seen of him in his appearances for Wales in friendly games, I'm surprised he's not made more of an impact at Stoke - I thought he played pretty well last night,

I disagree, he had several chances of runs at the Mexico defence, but every time seemed to take the wrong opinion.

I will give him praise for his tracking back and helping out the Welsh defence with some vital tackles, but as an attacking force, there was something missing