+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: WALES 1 - 0 MEXICO. Match thread

Re: WALES v MEXICO. Match thread

Question :--- Why does Nico Williams wanna do everything at 100 MPH ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You're might be confusing him with Nico Rosberg

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 0 MEXICO. Match thread

Much more composed in the second half and they barely laid a glove in us. Surprised how quickly they ran out of ideas and how easily our reserves coped with them. A comfortable win and a decent performance. Well done lads.

Mexico population 130 million.

I like him, always looking to make something happen

Probably more fans there tonight than there actually would have been if no COVID.

pointless game good result

Wales B beating a side ranked 9th in the world while Ireland lose to Luxemburg?

You simply love to see it

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Much more composed in the second half and they barely laid a glove IN us. Surprised how quickly they ran out of ideas and how easily our reserves coped with them. A comfortable win and a decent performance. Well done lads.
    Thank god for that, otherwise that would have been nasty, having a glove in you

where has it all gone wrong for Rabbi ? ? ?

I am sure i was not alone in being pissed off when Man City stole him from us, then I was really happy when Wales tied him to playing for Wales, he was a star of the future, but something seems to have gone wrong for the lad

Thank god for that, otherwise that would have been nasty, having a glove in you
    Just saw that myself and wondered who would be the first to spot it. I should have known it would be you lol

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

I am sure i was not alone in being pissed off when Man City stole him from us, then I was really happy when Wales tied him to playing for Wales, he was a star of the future, but something seems to have gone wrong for the lad
    I thought he did ok tonight. movement off the ball was decent and his pace is an asset when pressuring. he tracked back really well after losing the ball.
    when he dropped into midfield he played some decent passes too - the one chance we had where HRK tried somewhere flick that went wide, Matondo started that move with a lovely ball out to Jonny Williams played for him to run into . and if HRK had left the ball matondo was unmarked in the box as well so could perhaps have ended it too.
    granted he isn't really adding a consistent threat, which for his position is obviously important. I do think there is a player in there though. he has all the attributes, perhaps he just needs his confidence back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I thought he did ok tonight. movement off the ball was decent and his pace is an asset when pressuring. he tracked back really well after losing the ball.
    when he dropped into midfield he played some decent passes too - the one chance we had where HRK tried somewhere flick that went wide, Matondo started that move with a lovely ball out to Jonny Williams played for him to run into . and if HRK had left the ball matondo was unmarked in the box as well so could perhaps have ended it too.
    granted he isn't really adding a consistent threat, which for his position is obviously important. I do think there is a player in there though. he has all the attributes, perhaps he just needs his confidence back.
    I agree, based on what I've seen of him in his appearances for Wales in friendly games, I'm surprised he's not made more of an impact at Stoke - I thought he played pretty well last night,

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, based on what I've seen of him in his appearances for Wales in friendly games, I'm surprised he's not made more of an impact at Stoke - I thought he played pretty well last night,

I disagree, he had several chances of runs at the Mexico defence, but every time seemed to take the wrong opinion.

I will give him praise for his tracking back and helping out the Welsh defence with some vital tackles, but as an attacking force, there was something missing

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

He's 20 years old!

Starting to bulk up i noticed, looks a hell of lot more confident as well. I'd say this is where he kicks on and starts his career, I don't think anything has gone wrong for him.

As mentioned... Pointless friendly but a good result.

I'm angry that Moore played last night but didn't start against Belgium.

What's the point in playing Moore in such a pointless friendly. If he's going to be in the Welsh squad start him in competitive games, not these stupid games where he could get injured.

And what's the point in playing him last night.... We all know what he's about and he certainly doesn't need any more minutes on the pitch.

Ridiculous by Page.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

What's the point in playing Moore in such a pointless friendly. If he's going to be in the Welsh squad start him in competitive games, not these stupid games where he could get injured.

And what's the point in playing him last night.... We all know what he's about and he certainly doesn't need any more minutes on the pitch.

Ridiculous by Page.

Agreed. Moore should have played v Belgium and not last night. Also very risky bringing on Bale when it wasn’t needed. Moore must start v the Czechs.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

Ridiculous by Page.
    I hope you were complaining when MM left him on for 25 minutes against Swansea when he was so tired he couldn't jump for the ball. Or against Stoke when he was knackered for last 20 minutes but was kept on to defend corners against a side really, really struggling in front of goal which cost City 2 points. He'll probably play more against Czechia seeing how they didn't like Lukaku so will get his game time, don't worry.

Wales didn't set the friendly but were required to play a third game by FIFA. Mexico showed really nice skills so was an interesting side to watch in a relaxed mode, Gunter got to 100 caps, Moore scored a nice goal and Smith/Matondo/Roberts/Lewitt got minutes. Decent night really.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Agreed. Moore should have played v Belgium and not last night. Also very risky bringing on Bale when it wasn’t needed. Moore must start v the Czechs.
    He most probably will, but after watching a bit of the Czech game against Belgium, their goalie goes down if you blow in his ear.

I can see a WEAK REF, giving countless free kicks and eventually booking Kieffer

Yes he gotta play, but hopefully not just high balls into the box, I think Kieffer has surprised a lot of us with the ball at his feet.

As for playing/not playing against Mexico, WELSH fans for years berated Giggs for not turning up, now we got all/most players turning up, you don't want them to play. !!!! Unbelievable !

Has Chester retired from Wales if not I'm surprised he's no longer involved

He most probably will, but after watching a bit of the Czech game against Belgium, their goalie goes down if you blow in his ear.

I can see a WEAK REF, giving countless free kicks and eventually booking Kieffer

Yes he gotta play, but hopefully not just high balls into the box, I think Kieffer has surprised a lot of us with the ball at his feet.

As for playing/not playing against Mexico, WELSH fans for years berated Giggs for not turning up, now we got all/most players turning up, you don't want them to play. !!!! Unbelievable !
    We have enough injuries as it is. The last thing we need before an important game in three days time is another injury.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Has Chester retired from Wales if not I'm surprised he's no longer involved

Nope he hasn’t. Baffled why he isn’t involved.

We have enough injuries as it is. The last thing we need before an important game in three days time is another injury.
    If you go through life with this in mind, no-body would ever play. !

Injuries, can happen at any time (ask Joe Allen), sometimes by not playing regularly, players can stiffen up.

And, Kieffer was missing loads of chances for City, before the international break, that goal will have done him the world of good.

I think bringing Bale and Conor Roberts on for the last 10 minutes was an indication of how much a win against a top ranked side meant to Page. And a boost to the team's confidence by securing a victory cannot be underestimated.

If dangerous tackles had been flying in from the opposition, I very much doubt if Bale would have been risked, even at the expense of not being able to close out the game.

Na I Hiliaeth. No To Racism: https://twitter.com/Cymru/status/1376130807698440193

Context:

Matondo & Cabango two young lads just living the dream representing their country. Finish the game and get racially abused on social media.