+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    It's been said before but Tan is the best owner we've ever had. A decent man, which is more than can be said for many of the owners/directors before him.
    It would be good if the supporters who were so offended by the red debacle, could recognise this, and provided they still have an interest, come back to the City family.
    I think there is a tendency these days to be binary regarding many issues i.e. being totally pro or totally anti.
    There is no doubt that Tan has been exemplary in many areas but the red debacle was shameful and an example as to how to alienate a loyal fan base. It was even quoted as a major marketing mistake on a course I attended regarding branding. It was a disgusting rejection of history and tradition despite all the good things that followed. 50 years from now Tan may be remembered for only one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think there is a tendency these days to be binary regarding many issues i.e. being totally pro or totally anti.
    There is no doubt that Tan has been exemplary in many areas but the red debacle was shameful and an example as to how to alienate a loyal fan base. It was even quoted as a major marketing mistake on a course I attended regarding branding. It was a disgusting rejection of history and tradition despite all the good things that followed. 50 years from now Tan may be remembered for only one thing.
    Mulipule promotions to the premier league?
    And obviously keeping us afloat in awful times. That's how most fans feel about Tan I know. Obviously other people can be influenced especially on other boards lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Mulipule promotions to the premier league?
    And obviously keeping us afloat in awful times. That's how most fans feel about Tan I know. Obviously other people can be influenced especially on other boards lol
    Well I am not influenced by 'other boards' and each individual has their own take on things. Such is life.

If he's dead how can he possibly give anything to anyone

Where there's a will there's a way.
    Last edited by skunkatron; 28-03-21 at 07:51. Reason: Meant to quote mcadder

Wonderful gesture from a man whose been there for us when others have wavered