+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I got as far as: "The following year, Cardiff City had become debt-free for the first time since Tan invested £6 million for an initial stake in the club."

It's horseshit.
    Well, you would say that because it doesn't fit in with your views. There is a list of a number of things he has done since he took over in the article, all of which are true and all of which put the club in a better position than we were before he took over. Thats what you asked for. You don't like the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Well, you would say that because it doesn't fit in with your views. There is a list of a number of things he has done since he took over in the article, all of which are true and all of which put the club in a better position than we were before he took over. Thats what you asked for. You don't like the answer.
    I said it was horseshit because it's horseshit. The club has never been debt-free under Tan - far from it.

You say there is a list of things he has done that have put the club in better position than it was in before he took over. Name them.

Do you actually read the threads you contribute to? None of us hold Tan in high esteem, you say. Really?!? So which poor bastards appointed you as their spokesman? Can't have been dml1954, who very definitely holds Tan in high esteem. The Former Labour Leader is clearly a big fan, as is Moodybluebird. Meanwhile, I reckon Stan Butler probably has posters of Vinnie on his bedroom wall.

As for you, you seem genuinely offended by the fact that anyone still thinks Tan's a twat (and, in my experience, plenty of people do). It's as if you take it personally, which is a bit odd. Do you have some sort of bizarre fetish for old Malaysian men who wear their trousers around their tits or something similar?
    What utter bollux you post. I’ve already said earlier in the thread i’m no big fan of Tan, but you detest the guy. If he’s upset a gimp like you, then thats one positive he’s done 👍

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What utter bollux you post. I’ve already said earlier in the thread i’m no big fan of Tan, but you detest the guy. If he’s upset a gimp like you, then thats one positive he’s done
    I've clearly managed to upset you, that's for sure. So what usernames did you previously post under, I wonder? Perhaps you were one of the board's main rebrand cheerleaders under a previous name, but you re-registered in embarrassment in 2016. Maybe that's why you take such offense at those who of us who think Tan's a tit. Are you that Wayne weirdo who told me on here back in 2013 that I should just accept the fact that Cardiff City had become a global brand under Tan's guidance?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    But it was you that brought Mackay into the thread by indicating that he had been badly treated by Tan. I don't know many employers that would put up with a manager going millions of pounds over budget on goods that were, at least in part, sub standard and then being made aware that his employee was being, at the very least, very disrespectful behind his back. There was obviously bad feeling between the two and Tan would have been aware what was going on well before it all came out in the media.
    It wasn’t me who brought Malky Mackay into the thread.

In your case, that's a given.

What colour will Tan's coffin be?

I've clearly managed to upset you, that's for sure. So what usernames did you previously post under, I wonder? Perhaps you were one of the board's main rebrand cheerleaders under a previous name, but you re-registered in embarrassment in 2016. Maybe that's why you take such offense at those who of us who think Tan's a tit. Are you that Wayne weirdo who told me on here back in 2013 that I should just accept the fact that Cardiff City had become a global brand under Tan's guidance?
    You’re starting to believe your own hype. You seem to be the one a bit rattled if you’re checking up on my posting history..

What ever happened to Gwynneth?

You’re starting to believe your own hype. You seem to be the one a bit rattled if you’re checking up on my posting history..
    I'm not checking up on your posting history, you fool. Underneath your username, for all to see, it says that you joined the board in October 2016. However, you're talking about things that you believe were said on here long before that, so you obviously used to post under at least one other username. What was it?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What ever happened to Gwynneth?
    No idea to be honest.

I'm not checking up on your posting history, you fool. Underneath your username, for all to see, it says that you joined the board in October 2016. However, you're talking about things that you believe were said on here long before that, so you obviously used to post under at least one other username. What was it?
    Close but no cigar. Only started posting in 2016, but used to read the old board after a guy sat near me on the night they gave out the free red scarfs told me it was all kicking off on the CCMB. Asked him what that was, and started looking in for a good chuckle at fools like you who were up in arms over a simple colour change.
    Born in St Davids hospital, and i’ve never lived more than 3 miles from NP and the CCS.
    Spent thousands over the yrs (my choice) following the City, but didn’t give a toss one way or the other over the rebrand.
    What ever team, in what ever coloured shirt is representing the city of Cardiff, will get my support.
    Quite sad grown men like you got so upset about it. It’s only a football team. Not life or death.
    We could have ended up like Wimbledon and Clydebank fans, with no team left to support.

Only started posting in 2016...
    Sure you did.

Close but no cigar. Only started posting in 2016, but used to read the old board after a guy sat near me on the night they gave out the free red scarfs told me it was all kicking off on the CCMB. Asked him what that was, and started looking in for a good chuckle at fools like you who were up in arms over a simple colour change.
    Born in St Davids hospital, and i’ve never lived more than 3 miles from NP and the CCS.
    Spent thousands over the yrs (my choice) following the City, but didn’t give a toss one way or the other over the rebrand.
    What ever team, in what ever coloured shirt is representing the city of Cardiff, will get my support.
    Quite sad grown men like you got so upset about it. It’s only a football team. Not life or death.
    We could have ended up like Wimbledon and Clydebank fans, with no team left to support.
    Why are you trying to prove your point by equating the rebrand to the worst case scenarios? 'Life or Death' 'No team left to support' Neither of those points are relative. By that level of thinking, everyone should just be grateful, because there is always someone worse off. Massive deflection point. You didn't care about it, good for you, others did, although not near enough to make any difference to proceedings.

Sure you did.

Glad we’ve got that cleared up 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Why are you trying to prove your point by equating the rebrand to the worst case scenarios? 'Life or Death' 'No team left to support' Neither of those points are relative. By that level of thinking, everyone should just be grateful, because there is always someone worse off. Massive deflection point. You didn't care about it, good for you, others did, although not near enough to make any difference to proceedings.
    I’m not trying to prove any point. What are you talking about?

The club has been in decline since the moment promotion was achieved in May 2018. VT appeared to have learned nothing from relegation in our previous Premier League season.

The shambles of a team sent out on Monday and completely outplayed 5-0 by the division’s bottom but one side represented the net £50m spend of Neil Warnock, an appalling indictment of both him and the ridiculous transfer committee.

At the fans meeting a couple of months ago the Chairman Dalman freely admitted the club had no strategy, as if making it up as you go along is acceptable for a Championship football club. The same guy whose main focus over summer 2019 was ditching Cardiff and attempting to buy Charlton Athletic.

Until VT acknowledges the need to recruit serious football knowledge and experience onto the board and into the most senior positions at the club then we are destined to continue to fail to achieve anywhere near the potential of this club.

Glad we’ve got that cleared up
    Me too. Your 'talking with a bloke in the ground on red scarves night' story is entirely plausible. Who wouldn't believe a tale like that? You never posted before 2016, but just started looking in during 2013 to have good old chuckle at fools like me. Sure you did. And you've been getting upset by... sorry, I mean you've been having a good old chuckle at fools like me ever since. Sure you have. And you never wore a red Cardiff City shirt. And you don't have a weird fetish about old Malaysian men who wear their trousers around their tits.

Glad we've cleared that up.

Me too. Your 'talking with a bloke in the ground on red scarves night' story is entirely plausible. Who wouldn't believe a tale like that? You never posted before 2016, but just started looking in during 2013 to have good old chuckle at fools like me. Sure you did. And you've been getting upset by... sorry, I mean you've been having a good old chuckle at fools like me ever since. Sure you have. And you never wore a red Cardiff City shirt. And you don't have a weird fetish about old Malaysian men who wear their trousers around their tits.

Glad we've cleared that up.

Spot on, on all accounts. 👍

You are, you just don’t realise it. Some fans feel things a lot more passionately than others, it pissed me and thousands of others off at the time. I like to forgive and forget but ccfc isn’t my life, it is for some folks.

You're making shit comparisons. That seems to me like you're trying to make a point, prove a point was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You are, you just don’t realise it. Some fans feel things a lot more passionately than others, it pissed me and thousands of others off at the time. I like to forgive and forget but ccfc isn’t my life, it is for some folks.
    Then that’s quite naive and sad isn’t it?

Then that’s quite naive and sad isn’t it?
    Absolutely not.

Is this a safe place for me to say I really liked the original Riverside AFC quarters?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You're making shit comparisons. That seems to me like you're trying to make a point, prove a point was wrong.
    Shit comparisons in your opinion.
    I’m sure TLG will admit he was a mug for caring so much and investing too much passion in the City in the 1st place. They are my team, and always will be while they are around, but they don’t rule my life, neither should they rule anyone else's. It’s only a game.