+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nobody has ever offered or promised to plough millions of pounds of their own cash into the club, unless Hammam said something daft.
    That’s what I thought. dml1954’s long line of people almost certainly consists of one individual and I can’t remember him promising to plough millions of his own money into the club. He was so tight he squeaked.

He was Lennox Lewis' Manager.
    I couldn’t get his first name and kept thinking of Mahoney for his surname. Small fella? West Ham fan? Definitely a Cockney.

As for Clive Sullivan, wasn’t he supposed to be a cover for his brother so he could own two clubs? And didn’t it all turn out to be bollocks anyway?

Here’s another question: who was running the club when there was talk of a new stadium down the Bay? They were going to build a sports village or some such nonsense and the football ground was going to have a smallish capacity. Was that Borley and PMG? Or did I dream the whole thing?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That’s what I thought. dml1954’s long line of people almost certainly consists of one individual and I can’t remember him promising to plough millions of his own money into the club. He was so tight he squeaked.
    Could you imagine any business bod saying that they were going to pump a shed load of their own personal wealth into a club? Does that happen in real life? Lets be honest, apart from Tan, we haven't had many owners with shiltloads of cash.

I couldn’t get his first name and kept thinking of Mahoney for his surname. Small fella? West Ham fan? Definitely a Cockney.

As for Clive Sullivan, wasn’t he supposed to be a cover for his brother so he could own two clubs? And didn’t it all turn out to be bollocks anyway?

Here’s another question: who was running the club when there was talk of a new stadium down the Bay? They were going to build a sports village or some such nonsense and the football ground was going to have a smallish capacity. Was that Borley and PMG? Or did I dream the whole thing?
    I vaguely remember something like that. Was it Kumar?

I vaguely remember something like that. Was it Kumar?
    Maybe it was during the Kumar era when Borley, Guy, etc, were also on the board.

Interesting claim. So exactly who was in this long line of people who promised the earth and promised to plough millions of pounds of their own money into the club?

This should be good....
    You bastards ! You are spending all my money !

On film

Except it wasn't his money , it was loans

Yeah, you're right, I just wanted to get the words 'Piss Drenched' and 'Welling' in a post, the opportunity doesn't arise too often. Nobody has ever offered or promised to plough millions of pounds of their own cash into the club, unless Hammam said something daft.
    I used to live in Welling and I can't recall an undue reservoir of urine in my neck of that suburb...

I have no doubt that DML worshipped Hammam at one point.