+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Be interesting to see what the off set of those he drove into poverty through his gambling enterprises are.

It's easy to give it away when you're dead, me for instance will leave everything. Put that in your pipe and smoke it Tan!!
    History is littered with examples of people who made their wealth out of exploiting the working classes and then attempted to return a portion of their wealth through charitable foundations.

Carnegie and Rockefeller for example set up foundations that are still going strong today

Whitchurch library was built with money gifted by the Carnegie Trust

Contemporary philanthropists include Bill Gates, Warren Feeney, George Soros and Douglas Tompkins the North Face founder who returned ownership of 2 million acres of land to Chile and Argentina for the creation of national parks.

My point is, it’s not a new thing and a lot more money has been returned to the citizens over the years via the establishment of facilities that are available to the community than Tan owns.

I agree with TOBW Tan has done a lot of good things for the club but this is balanced by some of the poor decisions made.

I don’t believe for one moment that he is a bad person. Possibly badly advised but there comes a time in the lives of some people when they reflect on their lives and consider their legacy. The richness of the individual's life, including what that person accomplished and the impact he or she had on people and places. Ultimately it’s the story of a person's life.

For CCFC he will always be a part of the club’s history and the club will always be part of him.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    History is littered with examples of people who made their wealth out of exploiting the working classes and then attempted to return a portion of their wealth through charitable foundations.

Carnegie and Rockefeller for example set up foundations that are still going strong today

Whitchurch library was built with money gifted by the Carnegie Trust

Contemporary philanthropists include Bill Gates, Warren Feeney, George Soros and Douglas Tompkins the North Face founder who returned ownership of 2 million acres of land to Chile and Argentina for the creation of national parks.

My point is, it’s not a new thing and a lot more money has been returned to the citizens over the years via the establishment of facilities that are available to the community than Tan owns.

I agree with TOBW Tan has done a lot of good things for the club but this is balanced by some of the poor decisions made.

I don’t believe for one moment that he is a bad person. Possibly badly advised but there comes a time in the lives of some people when they reflect on their lives and consider their legacy. The richness of the individual's life, including what that person accomplished and the impact he or she had on people and places. Ultimately it’s the story of a person's life.

For CCFC he will always be a part of the club’s history and the club will always be part of him.
    Warren Feeney?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Warren Feeney?

Good spot. Thank you

No idea how autocorrect went for Warren instead of Charlie ‘Chuck’ Feenie but Ho hey

Chuck has actually officially now given away all of his billions to charity according to Forbes

He’s already ploughed money into a donkey sanctuary opposite Asda