+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Absolutely not.
    Of course it is. Grown men spitting the dummy out, because of a colour change.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Is this a safe place for me to say I really liked the original Riverside AFC quarters?
    Wonder how many boycotted when we changed our name and played in Blue ?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Shit comparisons in your opinion.
    I’m sure TLG will admit he was a mug for caring so much and investing too much passion in the City in the 1st place. They are my team, and always will be while they are around, but they don’t rule my life, neither should they rule anyone else's. It’s only a game.
    Football doesn't work that way. You can't expect everyone else to see it like you do. As for TLG, i know him well, he hardly missed a game, but football was only one aspect to his character. When i've spoken to him both pre and post rebrand, CCFC was never the main topic of conversation. I do think that some people get the wrong end of the stick when it comes to his character.

Is this a safe place for me to say I really liked the original Riverside AFC quarters?
    Upstairs in The Corporation wasn’t it? ..............Oh you mean the chocolate & amber

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Upstairs in The Corporation wasn’t it? ..............Oh you mean the chocolate & amber
    And look at the Corporation now. Clubs a f'kin joke

Fair play, I walked into that! Though, yes, the chocolate (much better for branding than simply, brown) and amber! Black shorts, not so much.

Exactly, Bartley Wilson gave f*ck all to charity, poor bugger had f*ck all to give.....he gave it all to Riverside, Riverside Albion & Cardiff City. Oversaw at least three ground moves and a colour rebrand as well.

He’s already ploughed money into a donkey sanctuary opposite Asda

For those people who don't like Mr Tan, it would be interesting to find out what they think of all the previous owners from the 70’s onwards, including people like Rick Wright, Samesh Kumar, Sam Hammam etc. Prior to Mr Tan taking over, there had been a long line of people who had promised the earth and to plough millions of pounds of their own money into the club but had abjectly failed to deliver on their promises and accordingly run the club to the brink of bankruptcy on a number of occasions. No doubt the Tan haters would be immeasurably more happy with one of those people still in charge but the club would probably no longer exist if they were. Criticising, insulting and belittling a man who has backed the club over a period of ten years and ploughed at least £200m of his own money into it is disrespectful in the extreme. Some people have very short memories.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    For those people who don't like Mr Tan, it would be interesting to find out what they think of all the previous owners from the 70’s onwards, including people like Rick Wright, Samesh Kumar, Sam Hammam etc. Prior to Mr Tan taking over, there had been a long line of people who had promised the earth and to plough millions of pounds of their own money into the club but had abjectly failed to deliver on their promises and accordingly run the club to the brink of bankruptcy on a number of occasions. No doubt the Tan haters would be immeasurably more happy with one of those people still in charge but the club would probably no longer exist if they were. Criticising, insulting and belittling a man who has backed the club over a period of ten years and ploughed at least £200m of his own money into it is disrespectful in the extreme. Some people have very short memories.
    Don’t think anyone really hates VT do they? I don’t. He seems morally decent and has ploughed a lot of money into the club, I’d love to know how much he’s put in and how much he has got back but it’s such a murky world it seems impossible. He still doesn’t know how to run a club well though, I’m not sure how many CEO he has hd but none appear to have got us anywhere near sustainable.....

I don't like Tan, and its got f all to do with previous owners as my dislikeness of him isn't measured on them. I actually disliked him before the red as well

Prior to Mr Tan taking over, there had been a long line of people who had promised the earth and to plough millions of pounds of their own money into the club but had abjectly failed to deliver on their promises and accordingly run the club to the brink of bankruptcy on a number of occasions.
    Interesting claim. So exactly who was in this long line of people who promised the earth and promised to plough millions of pounds of their own money into the club?

This should be good....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Interesting claim. So exactly who was in this long line of people who promised the earth and promised to plough millions of pounds of their own money into the club?

This should be good....
    Clive Sullivan, whose registered office was a piss drenched phone box in Welling. On that evidence, DML is on the money

This should be good....
    The bloke from Jersey who Ridsdale lashed up in Kiwi’s, chance missed there or was it chancer missed there

The bloke from Jersey who Ridsdale lashed up in Kiwi’s, chance missed there or was it chancer missed there
    Imagine going to Kiwi's with Ridsdale?

Imagine going to Kiwi's with Ridsdale?
    Tripping the light fantastic

Clive Sullivan, whose registered office was a piss drenched phone box in Welling. On that evidence, DML is on the money:
    I don’t think Sullivan ran the club to the brink of bankruptcy, did he? Can’t remember the details, but I don’t think he ever actually took a stake in CCFC. Wasn’t it all just press talk?

Wasn’t there a boxing promoter who was supposed to be interested in buying City at one point? Can’t remember his name but I think he eventually became a she.

Wasn’t there a boxing promoter who was supposed to be interested in buying City at one point? Can’t remember his name but I think he eventually became a she.
    Frank Maloney, AKA Kelly Maloney.

Frank Maloney, AKA Kelly Maloney.
    That’s him. Or her. Imagine if Frank had bought City. That could have been a different kind of rebrand altogether.

I don’t think Sullivan ran the club to the brink of bankruptcy, did he? Can’t remember the details, but I don’t think he ever actually took a stake in CCFC. Wasn’t it all just press talk?
    Yeah, you're right, I just wanted to get the words 'Piss Drenched' and 'Welling' in a post, the opportunity doesn't arise too often. Nobody has ever offered or promised to plough millions of pounds of their own cash into the club, unless Hammam said something daft.

That’s him. Or her. Imagine if Frank had bought City. That could have been a different kind of rebrand altogether.
    He was Lennox Lewis' Manager.