+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Mulipule promotions to the premier league?
    And obviously keeping us afloat in awful times. That's how most fans feel about Tan I know. Obviously other people can be influenced especially on other boards lol
    By far and away the best owner we've ever had by a country mile. There are still those who think the change of colour was the worst day of their lives (especially on the other board). That being the case they've lived a charmed existence so far.

An analogy was used at the time, the choice being you will lose everything and be evicted from your home OR the new owner will redecorate the house using his preferred colour scheme and you will not lose anything and will not be evicted. What would you do ?

Simplistic yes but there is a ring of truth in it. We were in dire straits before he took over the club and could easily have gone into liquidation. In my opinion the change of colour was a bad idea but VT eventually had the good sense to reverse his decision and has given his financial backing ever since. What more could you ask of an owner, especially in these strange and difficult times.

Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    By far and away the best owner we've ever had by a country mile. There are still those who think the change of colour was the worst day of their lives (especially on the other board). That being the case they've lived a charmed existence so far.

An analogy was used at the time, the choice being you will lose everything and be evicted from your home OR the new owner will redecorate the house using his preferred colour scheme and you will not lose anything and will not be evicted. What would you do ?

Simplistic yes but there is a ring of truth in it. We were in dire straits before he took over the club and could easily have gone into liquidation. In my opinion the change of colour was a bad idea but VT eventually had the good sense to reverse his decision and has given his financial backing ever since. What more could you ask of an owner, especially in these strange and difficult times.

But you don't need an analogy to explain it, it was fairly simple.
    I agree with Blue Genie. In 50 years if he's remembered for anything, it'll be for turning us red. Managers might be remembered for promotions or players, but not owners.