+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Credit where it's due, the shite you've been gibbering in recent days has been inane even by your own lowly standards.

How long can I hold a grudge, you ask. The answer is I don't know. Maybe a lifetime. We'll have to see I guess.

I said I wouldn't go back while Tan was still at the helm, did I? Utter nonsense. I never said anything of the sort. My first City match post-rebrand was away at Fulham in August 2016 and I've been to plenty since. My last game before Covid-19 struck was the last home match fans were allowed into - the 2-2 draw with Brentford. I think that was my sixth or seventh game of 2019/20. Not sure.

Thanks for your interest, though. It's just a shame you don't have a better memory.
    You’re a belter 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You’re a belter
    I'm not sure how to best describe you.

I'm not sure how to best describe you.
    How bout a City fan willing to forgive and forget?

How bout a City fan willing to forgive and forget?
    Forgetting is inevitable with a memory as bad as yours.

Forgetting is inevitable with a memory as bad as yours.

You’re wasted on here. You could be the warm up man at Thornhill Crem 👍

Credit where it's due, the shite you've been gibbering in recent days has been inane even by your own lowly standards.

How long can I hold a grudge, you ask. The answer is I don't know. Maybe a lifetime. We'll have to see I guess.

I said I wouldn't go back while Tan was still at the helm, did I? Utter nonsense. I never said anything of the sort. My first City match post-rebrand was away at Fulham in August 2016 and I've been to plenty since. My last game before Covid-19 struck was the last home match fans were allowed into - the 2-2 draw with Brentford. I think that was my sixth or seventh game of 2019/20. Not sure.

Thanks for your interest, though. It's just a shame you don't have a better memory.
    I'm sure you said somewhere you would never return whilst Tan was at the club. Then we got to the prem and you wormed your way back.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'm sure you said somewhere you would never return whilst Tan was at the club. Then we got to the prem and you wormed your way back.
    That's because, much like WT, you're an idiot with a really poor memory. As it happens, my first home match post-rebrand was against the mighty Burton Albion in January 2017. Rhys Healey scored the winner for City in injury time. A Premier League thriller it wasn't. Dreadful game.

But never mind talking about the numerous football matches I've attended during the last five years. You seem to have a deep and somewhat strange affection for the 69 year-old Malaysian businessman who currently owns and controls Cardiff City Football Club, so let's talk instead about the decade under his ownership. In which particular ways would you consider that the club is further forward now than it was when he took control? What aspects of the club's current operations lead you to hold Vincent Tan in such high esteem?

We got to the Premier league, and he gave McKay cash to spend, but he wasted it. It’s not all Tans fault we are where we are.
    Do you deny that we’re in a slightly worse position now than when Vincent Tan took over, that the quality of football is much worse and that we’re not as good at producing our own players than we were? I’ve no problem with giving Vincent Tan due credit for his part in our two promotions, but then it has to follow that he cannot escape some blame for our record creating two relegations doesn’t it?

Also, you’re conveniently forgetting that Mackay had to do his job in 12/13 and 13/14 against a background of supporter unrest created entirely by Vincent Tan and that he had to do his job for the first half of our first Premier League season with the owner making it pretty obvious he didn’t want him at the club.

Being honest, I’ve doubts as to whether we’d have stayed up if Mackay had stayed, but it’s a fact that we were outside the bottom three when he was sacked. We certainly weren’t the worst team in the league when Mackay left, but the record shows we were when the season ended.

It’s simplistic nonsense to say Mackay or Tan were solely responsible for us going down in 13/14 (I used to say that the only person at the club who could look back on the season with satisfaction as to their own performance was David Marshall), but, apart from those in the Boardroom, the only links we had to the 13/14 squad were Aaron Gunnarsson and Joe Ralls (who spent the season on loan at Yeovil) - it seems to me that those in the Boardroom learned none of the lessons of 13/14 when it came to our second Premier League season in 18/19.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Do you deny that we’re in a slightly worse position now than when Vincent Tan took over, that the quality of football is much worse and that we’re not as good at producing our own players than we were? I’ve no problem with giving Vincent Tan due credit for his part in our two promotions, but then it has to follow that he cannot escape some blame for our record creating two relegations doesn’t it?

Also, you’re conveniently forgetting that Mackay had to do his job in 12/13 and 13/14 against a background of supporter unrest created entirely by Vincent Tan and that he had to do his job for the first half of our first Premier League season with the owner making it pretty obvious he didn’t want him at the club.

Being honest, I’ve doubts as to whether we’d have stayed up if Mackay had stayed, but it’s a fact that we were outside the bottom three when he was sacked. We certainly weren’t the worst team in the league when Mackay left, but the record shows we were when the season ended.

It’s simplistic nonsense to say Mackay or Tan were solely responsible for us going down in 13/14 (I used to say that the only person at the club who could look back on the season with satisfaction as to their own performance was David Marshall), but, apart from those in the Boardroom, the only links we had to the 13/14 squad were Aaron Gunnarsson and Joe Ralls (who spent the season on loan at Yeovil) - it seems to me that those in the Boardroom learned none of the lessons of 13/14 when it came to our second Premier League season in 18/19.
    I agree with most of the above. I’m no big fan of VT, but he’s no worse an owner than anyone else we’ve had in my lifetime. Your point about MM having to work under the stress of the rebrand is moot imo.
    In fact it probably helped him in a way, as most fans at the time, seemed more concerned with what was going on off the pitch, rather than on it.
    MM didn’t give a toss about the colour change, as he had no allegiance to us, other than the club being his employer.
    He even escaped the wrath of presiding over one of the worst results in our history, going out of the cup to lowly Macclesfield.

That's because, much like WT, you're an idiot with a really poor memory. As it happens, my first home match post-rebrand was against the mighty Burton Albion in January 2017. Rhys Healey scored the winner for City in injury time. A Premier League thriller it wasn't. Dreadful game.

But never mind talking about the numerous football matches I've attended during the last five years. You seem to have a deep and somewhat strange affection for the 69 year-old Malaysian businessman who currently owns and controls Cardiff City Football Club, so let's talk instead about the decade under his ownership. In which particular ways would you consider that the club is further forward now than it was when he took control? What aspects of the club's current operations lead you to hold Vincent Tan in such high esteem?
    None of us hold Tan in high esteem, but then nobody on here seems as bitter as you towards him.
    It’s difficult to remember exactly what you said at the time, without going back over the threads, but you were such a drama queen and attention seeker throughout the whole period.
    You made your stance by boycotting, but still lingered on like a bad smell, putting the proverbial boot in at any given opportunity, (and still do), then eventually meandered back. It’s your life and your decisions at the end of the day, but you’ve still not put the toys back in your pram after all these yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    "Least bad" is the way I tend to think about this.
    Yes, I reckon that's a good way of describing it.

I agree with most of the above. I’m no big fan of VT, but he’s no worse an owner than anyone else we’ve had in my lifetime. Your point about MM having to work under the stress of the rebrand is moot imo.
    In fact it probably helped him in a way, as most fans at the time, seemed more concerned with what was going on off the pitch, rather than on it.
    MM didn’t give a toss about the colour change, as he had no allegiance to us, other than the club being his employer.
    He even escaped the wrath of presiding over one of the worst results in our history, going out of the cup to lowly Macclesfield.
    Considering the vast wealth at his disposal we dont appear to be benefiting from it. He has wasted huge amounts of money, or his CEOs and managers have at least. We might be more stable as in we can throw cash at any issues but we don’t appear to be getting close to being anyway sustainable or bringing youth through......although we might finally be getting somewhere with the latter.

None of us hold Tan in high esteem, but then nobody on here seems as bitter as you towards him.
    It’s difficult to remember exactly what you said at the time, without going back over the threads, but you were such a drama queen and attention seeker throughout the whole period.
    You made your stance by boycotting, but still lingered on like a bad smell, putting the proverbial boot in at any given opportunity, (and still do), then eventually meandered back. It’s your life and your decisions at the end of the day, but you’ve still not put the toys back in your pram after all these yrs.
    Couldn't have worded it better

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Considering the vast wealth at his disposal we dont appear to be benefiting from it. He has wasted huge amounts of money, or his CEOs and managers have at least. We might be more stable as in we can throw cash at any issues but we don’t appear to be getting close to being anyway sustainable or bringing youth through......although we might finally be getting somewhere with the latter.
    Two seasons in the Premier League and challenging at the top end of the Championship table most seasons. The former being something I thought I would never see in my lifetime. Compare that to the dross that went before. Its his money as well, so he can waste it however he sees fit.

Why were the two relegations from the Premier League record breaking ? Also, when judging the performance of the team, managers and owner in the last two years, nobody appears to be making any allowance for the fact that we are playing football in the middle of a pandemic with no fans, severely restricted income and players and their families under severe pressure regarding catching the disease, lack of pre-season, number of games in a short space of time etc etc. With regard to Mackay, it is hardly surprising that Tan wanted him out after the money he wasted on players and then the racist and disrespectful texts he sent about the owner.

The fact that you are asking how is the club further forward now than it was when Tan took control says it all for me. If you actually think that the club is worse off now than it was pre 2010 then you are deluded. You appear to have a total inability to acknowledge or accept any of the good things that Tan has done and the unprecedented success we have achieved on and off the pitch since he took over. Perhaps you will only be happy when the club is wallowing in the lower leagues again and on the br8nk of bankruptcy, as it mostly was between 1985 and 2003.

None of us hold Tan in high esteem, but then nobody on here seems as bitter as you towards him. It’s difficult to remember exactly what you said at the time, without going back over the threads, but you were such a drama queen and attention seeker throughout the whole period. You made your stance by boycotting, but still lingered on like a bad smell, putting the proverbial boot in at any given opportunity, (and still do), then eventually meandered back. It’s your life and your decisions at the end of the day, but you’ve still not put the toys back in your pram after all these yrs.
    Do you actually read the threads you contribute to? None of us hold Tan in high esteem, you say. Really?!? So which poor bastards appointed you as their spokesman? Can't have been dml1954, who very definitely holds Tan in high esteem. The Former Labour Leader is clearly a big fan, as is Moodybluebird. Meanwhile, I reckon Stan Butler probably has posters of Vinnie on his bedroom wall.

As for you, you seem genuinely offended by the fact that anyone still thinks Tan's a twat (and, in my experience, plenty of people do). It's as if you take it personally, which is a bit odd. Do you have some sort of bizarre fetish for old Malaysian men who wear their trousers around their tits or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Couldn't have worded it better
    In your case, that's a given.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Two seasons in the Premier League and challenging at the top end of the Championship table most seasons. The former being something I thought I would never see in my lifetime. Compare that to the dross that went before.
    Challenging at the top end of the Championship most seasons, a play-off final, an FA Cup final, that sort of dross?

Also, when judging the performance of the team, managers and owner in the last two years, nobody appears to be making any allowance for the fact that we are playing football in the middle of a pandemic with no fans, severely restricted income and players and their families under severe pressure regarding catching the disease, lack of pre-season, number of games in a short space of time etc etc.
    You know this is true for every club, right? You appreciate Covid-19 isn't just a Cardiff thing?

Why were the two relegations from the Premier League record breaking ? Also, when judging the performance of the team, managers and owner in the last two years, nobody appears to be making any allowance for the fact that we are playing football in the middle of a pandemic with no fans, severely restricted income and players and their families under severe pressure regarding catching the disease, lack of pre-season, number of games in a short space of time etc etc. With regard to Mackay, it is hardly surprising that Tan wanted him out after the money he wasted on players and then the racist and disrespectful texts he sent about the owner.
    No other side who have spent more than one season in the Premier League has a one hundred per cent relegation record like we do. Every other side in the country have had to deal with the pandemic, we've managed better than some and worse than others - we're slightly further away from the Play Offs than we were when fixtures were suspended. Vincent Tan sacked Malky Mackay before those texts were discovered and they have no relevance to the discussion in this thread about Our owner anyway.

The fact that you are asking how is the club further forward now than it was when Tan took control says it all for me. If you actually think that the club is worse off now than it was pre 2010 then you are deluded. You appear to have a total inability to acknowledge or accept any of the good things that Tan has done and the unprecedented success we have achieved on and off the pitch since he took over.
    I didn't say the club is currently worse off than it was when Tan took control. However, I have asked for examples of progress. Do you have any you can share?

I didn't say the club is currently worse off than it was when Tan took control. However, I have asked for examples of progress. Do you have any you can share?
    Have a read of this article from mid 2020. It might give you some pointers to help understand.

https://www.nst.com.my/sports/footba...rs-vincent-tan

Have a read of this article from mid 2020. It might give you some pointers to help understand.
    I got as far as: "The following year, Cardiff City had become debt-free for the first time since Tan invested £6 million for an initial stake in the club."

It's horseshit.

No other side who have spent more than one season in the Premier League has a one hundred per cent relegation record like we do. Every other side in the country have had to deal with the pandemic, we've managed better than some and worse than others - we're slightly further away from the Play Offs than we were when fixtures were suspended. Vincent Tan sacked Malky Mackay before those texts were discovered and they have no relevance to the discussion in this thread about Our owner anyway.
    But it was you that brought Mackay into the thread by indicating that he had been badly treated by Tan. I don't know many employers that would put up with a manager going millions of pounds over budget on goods that were, at least in part, sub standard and then being made aware that his employee was being, at the very least, very disrespectful behind his back. There was obviously bad feeling between the two and Tan would have been aware what was going on well before it all came out in the media.