Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Yup, there were fans who wanted to go back to blue, but i'm not sure how vocal they were initially, those that still went to watch games. I suppose it was difficult for them, as there would've been a sizeable amount of support who didn't give a shit either way, and an element who were for the rebrand. Poor form, the debacle with Malky and that other bloke who were found to have sent racist text messages, Ole ****ing up, relegation, and general Slade, all helped in Tan reconsidering, and i'm sure it helped in swaying some fans to become more vocal, why not if hardly anything was gained from it all, we'd re assumed our previous position or lower, with inferior players. A good time to be vocal and critical, and much easier to protest when the team is struggling and there is no incentive (anymore) to play in red.

As for the fans that walked. Well, i stayed away, but returned when my son went mad for the club, although he hated red. We actually went back under Slade, or he sort of dragged me along. I'm very pleased that he did. Others who haven't returned were probably more hurt by the reaction of our support than that of Tan, although i can't speak for them. The one thing that i learnt from the whole shit show is that we may all support the same team, but our morals, ethics and perceptions are different towards the club and what we find important. That sounds a bit stupid now, why wouldn't they be? I think that i went through my CCFC supporting life thinking that when it came to the club, we all thought and wanted the same thing. How stupid and naive i was.
Absolutely great post and agree with the sentiment and whilst not walking away I asked my son what he wanted to do and he said he wanted to carry on following the club as he was convinced it would go back to blue and he was following and supporting the club not the owner. I'm glad he had that view as it echoed mine and we have had some great days since and will continue to do so with and without Tan. I remember the last minute winner in our first game in red I hated the game hated the fact we were in red but the emotion when that goal went it felt the same - right or wrong I don't know but it was instinctive.

My view of the couple of years in red gets catalogued alongside the hooligan years when so called fans dragged our club through the shit week in week out and we will always be associated with that period as much as we will having changed our colours - both skid marks on our history and both made decent fans stay away until things got better

Having said all that can't wait to get back to the ground and scream at complete strangers for 90 minutes 👍