+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 183

Thread: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

  1. #121

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why were the two relegations from the Premier League record breaking ? Also, when judging the performance of the team, managers and owner in the last two years, nobody appears to be making any allowance for the fact that we are playing football in the middle of a pandemic with no fans, severely restricted income and players and their families under severe pressure regarding catching the disease, lack of pre-season, number of games in a short space of time etc etc. With regard to Mackay, it is hardly surprising that Tan wanted him out after the money he wasted on players and then the racist and disrespectful texts he sent about the owner.
    No other side who have spent more than one season in the Premier League has a one hundred per cent relegation record like we do. Every other side in the country have had to deal with the pandemic, we've managed better than some and worse than others - we're slightly further away from the Play Offs than we were when fixtures were suspended. Vincent Tan sacked Malky Mackay before those texts were discovered and they have no relevance to the discussion in this thread about Our owner anyway.

  2. #122

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The fact that you are asking how is the club further forward now than it was when Tan took control says it all for me. If you actually think that the club is worse off now than it was pre 2010 then you are deluded. You appear to have a total inability to acknowledge or accept any of the good things that Tan has done and the unprecedented success we have achieved on and off the pitch since he took over.
    I didn't say the club is currently worse off than it was when Tan took control. However, I have asked for examples of progress. Do you have any you can share?

  3. #123

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I didn't say the club is currently worse off than it was when Tan took control. However, I have asked for examples of progress. Do you have any you can share?
    Have a read of this article from mid 2020. It might give you some pointers to help understand.

    https://www.nst.com.my/sports/footba...rs-vincent-tan

  4. #124

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Have a read of this article from mid 2020. It might give you some pointers to help understand.
    I got as far as: "The following year, Cardiff City had become debt-free for the first time since Tan invested £6 million for an initial stake in the club."

    It's horseshit.

  5. #125

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No other side who have spent more than one season in the Premier League has a one hundred per cent relegation record like we do. Every other side in the country have had to deal with the pandemic, we've managed better than some and worse than others - we're slightly further away from the Play Offs than we were when fixtures were suspended. Vincent Tan sacked Malky Mackay before those texts were discovered and they have no relevance to the discussion in this thread about Our owner anyway.
    But it was you that brought Mackay into the thread by indicating that he had been badly treated by Tan. I don't know many employers that would put up with a manager going millions of pounds over budget on goods that were, at least in part, sub standard and then being made aware that his employee was being, at the very least, very disrespectful behind his back. There was obviously bad feeling between the two and Tan would have been aware what was going on well before it all came out in the media.

  6. #126

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I got as far as: "The following year, Cardiff City had become debt-free for the first time since Tan invested £6 million for an initial stake in the club."

    It's horseshit.
    Well, you would say that because it doesn't fit in with your views. There is a list of a number of things he has done since he took over in the article, all of which are true and all of which put the club in a better position than we were before he took over. Thats what you asked for. You don't like the answer.

  7. #127

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Well, you would say that because it doesn't fit in with your views. There is a list of a number of things he has done since he took over in the article, all of which are true and all of which put the club in a better position than we were before he took over. Thats what you asked for. You don't like the answer.
    I said it was horseshit because it's horseshit. The club has never been debt-free under Tan - far from it.

    You say there is a list of things he has done that have put the club in better position than it was in before he took over. Name them.

  8. #128

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you actually read the threads you contribute to? None of us hold Tan in high esteem, you say. Really?!? So which poor bastards appointed you as their spokesman? Can't have been dml1954, who very definitely holds Tan in high esteem. The Former Labour Leader is clearly a big fan, as is Moodybluebird. Meanwhile, I reckon Stan Butler probably has posters of Vinnie on his bedroom wall.

    As for you, you seem genuinely offended by the fact that anyone still thinks Tan's a twat (and, in my experience, plenty of people do). It's as if you take it personally, which is a bit odd. Do you have some sort of bizarre fetish for old Malaysian men who wear their trousers around their tits or something similar?
    What utter bollux you post. Iíve already said earlier in the thread iím no big fan of Tan, but you detest the guy. If heís upset a gimp like you, then thats one positive heís done 👍

  9. #129

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What utter bollux you post. I’ve already said earlier in the thread i’m no big fan of Tan, but you detest the guy. If he’s upset a gimp like you, then thats one positive he’s done
    I've clearly managed to upset you, that's for sure. So what usernames did you previously post under, I wonder? Perhaps you were one of the board's main rebrand cheerleaders under a previous name, but you re-registered in embarrassment in 2016. Maybe that's why you take such offense at those who of us who think Tan's a tit. Are you that Wayne weirdo who told me on here back in 2013 that I should just accept the fact that Cardiff City had become a global brand under Tan's guidance?

  10. #130

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    But it was you that brought Mackay into the thread by indicating that he had been badly treated by Tan. I don't know many employers that would put up with a manager going millions of pounds over budget on goods that were, at least in part, sub standard and then being made aware that his employee was being, at the very least, very disrespectful behind his back. There was obviously bad feeling between the two and Tan would have been aware what was going on well before it all came out in the media.
    It wasn’t me who brought Malky Mackay into the thread.

  11. #131

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In your case, that's a given.

  12. #132

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    What colour will Tan's coffin be?

  13. #133

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I've clearly managed to upset you, that's for sure. So what usernames did you previously post under, I wonder? Perhaps you were one of the board's main rebrand cheerleaders under a previous name, but you re-registered in embarrassment in 2016. Maybe that's why you take such offense at those who of us who think Tan's a tit. Are you that Wayne weirdo who told me on here back in 2013 that I should just accept the fact that Cardiff City had become a global brand under Tan's guidance?
    Youíre starting to believe your own hype. You seem to be the one a bit rattled if youíre checking up on my posting history..

  14. #134

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I've clearly managed to upset you, that's for sure. So what usernames did you previously post under, I wonder? Perhaps you were one of the board's main rebrand cheerleaders under a previous name, but you re-registered in embarrassment in 2016. Maybe that's why you take such offense at those who of us who think Tan's a tit. Are you that Wayne weirdo who told me on here back in 2013 that I should just accept the fact that Cardiff City had become a global brand under Tan's guidance?
    What ever happened to Gwynneth?

  15. #135

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You’re starting to believe your own hype. You seem to be the one a bit rattled if you’re checking up on my posting history..
    I'm not checking up on your posting history, you fool. Underneath your username, for all to see, it says that you joined the board in October 2016. However, you're talking about things that you believe were said on here long before that, so you obviously used to post under at least one other username. What was it?

  16. #136

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What ever happened to Gwynneth?
    No idea to be honest.

  17. #137

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm not checking up on your posting history, you fool. Underneath your username, for all to see, it says that you joined the board in October 2016. However, you're talking about things that you believe were said on here long before that, so you obviously used to post under at least one other username. What was it?
    Close but no cigar. Only started posting in 2016, but used to read the old board after a guy sat near me on the night they gave out the free red scarfs told me it was all kicking off on the CCMB. Asked him what that was, and started looking in for a good chuckle at fools like you who were up in arms over a simple colour change.
    Born in St Davids hospital, and iíve never lived more than 3 miles from NP and the CCS.
    Spent thousands over the yrs (my choice) following the City, but didnít give a toss one way or the other over the rebrand.
    What ever team, in what ever coloured shirt is representing the city of Cardiff, will get my support.
    Quite sad grown men like you got so upset about it. Itís only a football team. Not life or death.
    We could have ended up like Wimbledon and Clydebank fans, with no team left to support.

  18. #138

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Only started posting in 2016...
    Sure you did.


  19. #139

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Close but no cigar. Only started posting in 2016, but used to read the old board after a guy sat near me on the night they gave out the free red scarfs told me it was all kicking off on the CCMB. Asked him what that was, and started looking in for a good chuckle at fools like you who were up in arms over a simple colour change.
    Born in St Davids hospital, and i’ve never lived more than 3 miles from NP and the CCS.
    Spent thousands over the yrs (my choice) following the City, but didn’t give a toss one way or the other over the rebrand.
    What ever team, in what ever coloured shirt is representing the city of Cardiff, will get my support.
    Quite sad grown men like you got so upset about it. It’s only a football team. Not life or death.
    We could have ended up like Wimbledon and Clydebank fans, with no team left to support.
    Why are you trying to prove your point by equating the rebrand to the worst case scenarios? 'Life or Death' 'No team left to support' Neither of those points are relative. By that level of thinking, everyone should just be grateful, because there is always someone worse off. Massive deflection point. You didn't care about it, good for you, others did, although not near enough to make any difference to proceedings.

  20. #140

    Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Sure you did.

    Glad weíve got that cleared up 👍

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •