+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kadeem Harris

Kadeem Harris

Would you take Kadeem back?

Given that it's unlikely we will be able to afford Ojo and/or Wilson in the Summer... I think Kadeem would do very well with MM and TC.

He's proved to be one of Wednesday's most dangerous players.

It would hurt a bit him going to Warnock at Boro when Warnock refused to play him at city even though when he did get some gametime .. he did well for us.

And now he's proved he can be more consistent.

I am not sure if he would come back but it's certainly an area we will need to strengthen in the summer with Ojo, Wilson returning to Liverpool, Whyte probably moving on and Juniors contract expiring.

Re: Kadeem Harris

Yes, provided he has overcome his injury woes during his time with the City which restricted his playing time. A big ‘yes’ if he has especially if we stay in the Championship.

I wasn't too disappointed when he left and wouldn't want him back. He's not got many fans at Wednesday either

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/to...omment-9714512

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I wasn't too disappointed when he left and wouldn't want him back. He's not got many fans at Wednesday either

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/to...omment-9714512
    Flatters to deceive

He could do a job for us.

No. Played under quite a few city managers, none of whom rated him. He started well at Wednesday but since then has not shown the kind of performance levels that a team hoping to win promotion would need.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He could do a job for us.

Ya, ground needs a lick of paint

Clubs need to be smarter in their transfers going forward and whilst there’s nothing wrong with Kadeem he’s not going to get any better and isn’t quite good enough for upper levels of the championship.

I think his opinion of himself, and his dad's opinion of him is higher than most managers for whom he has played. He was demanding a new contract on silly money, when he hardly played for us. I think he was with us for about 7 years but only shone on a couple of occasions. So it's a no from me.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Clubs need to be smarter in their transfers going forward and whilst there’s nothing wrong with Kadeem he’s not going to get any better and isn’t quite good enough for upper levels of the championship.
    I agree entirely.
    Comments like "he may be able to do a job for us" should not be his we conduct our transfer decisions. Every signing must be a potential step forwArd for the club.
    I would be happy for two quality signings to replace both Ojo and Wilson and leave it at that.
    A bunch of 4or 5 mediocre signings are no good for the future of the club and has been our downfall over recent years

No. I'll add him to the list of average players we've sold that I wouldn't have back.

Harry Wilson has done nothing to suggest that he's Premier League quality IMO.

He's no better than the next player in City's squad and at the moment, we're a very good Championship team.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I agree entirely.
    Comments like "he may be able to do a job for us" should not be his we conduct our transfer decisions. Every signing must be a potential step forwArd for the club.
    I would be happy for two quality signings to replace both Ojo and Wilson and leave it at that.
    A bunch of 4or 5 mediocre signings are no good for the future of the club and has been our downfall over recent years
    we may be underestimating the change in our financial situation next season. we won't have any parachute payments for the first time in a while, and we will be coming off a season with a drastically reduced match day income.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Flatters to deceive
    Think your right , not enough consistency in his game , think he always wanted to go , seem to remember he wanted some ludicrous new contract , think it was Warnock ?? said something about him earning a place first , then he was gone ?

4 goals in a season is his best going forward, we have Sang and NG to cover wing-back role. Could be a good squad player but wouldn't be worried if he doesn't come.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Would you take Kadeem back?

Given that it's unlikely we will be able to afford Ojo and/or Wilson in the Summer... I think Kadeem would do very well with MM and TC.

He's proved to be one of Wednesday's most dangerous players

It would hurt a bit him going to Warnock at Boro when Warnock refused to play him at city even though when he did get some gametime .. he did well for us.

And now he's proved he can be more consistent.

I am not sure if he would come back but it's certainly an area we will need to strengthen in the summer with Ojo, Wilson returning to Liverpool, Whyte probably moving on and Juniors contract expiring.
    No

Kadeem would be a good squad player in the Championship, but not worth a fee and not an upgrade on what we have now. I would rather bring u23s through and accept that they will make mistakes and take time to adapt.

But I liked Kadeem when he was with us. He only scored the odd goal but was the best crosser amongst our wingers at the time (and that included Junior). I never understood the logic of pushing him out of the door and bringing Gavin Whyte in for 'an undisclosed seven figure sum'.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    No
    What is it with wingers and inconsistency ? Murphy, Hoillet and Ojo all flatter to deceive and Harris would fit nicely into that category. It's quite evident he's not that popular with the fans of a team in deep relegation trouble so I don't think he would do anything for us but make up the numbers.

Not for me, rather see Whyte in the squad and that's saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we may be underestimating the change in our financial situation next season. we won't have any parachute payments for the first time in a while, and we will be coming off a season with a drastically reduced match day income.
    I fully appreciate our financial position but as I stated in my post, don’t try to bring in 4-5 very average players who will be worthless in 2 years time. Two additions added to our youth development will be ok for next season and let’s see how we can do.
    MM, who has been around for a long time considers this squad to be excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I fully appreciate our financial position but as I stated in my post, don’t try to bring in 4-5 very average players who will be worthless in 2 years time. Two additions added to our youth development will be ok for next season and let’s see how we can do.
    MM, who has been around for a long time considers this squad to be excellent.
    I would be happy with two quality attacking players, a back up striker to Moore and using the youngsters more.

One thing we have to consider that Moore, is likely to attract attention from the premier League and at 27, will probably feel he could miss out on playing at the top level if he doesn't move when the opportunity presents itself.

He'd be a perfect fit for a team like Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I would be happy with two quality attacking players, a back up striker to Moore and using the youngsters more.

One thing we have to consider that Moore, is likely to attract attention from the premier League and at 27, will probably feel he could miss out on playing at the top level if he doesn't move when the opportunity presents itself.

He'd be a perfect fit for a team like Burnley
    he's 28

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    What is it with wingers and inconsistency ? Murphy, Hoillet and Ojo all flatter to deceive and Harris would fit nicely into that category. It's quite evident he's not that popular with the fans of a team in deep relegation trouble so I don't think he would do anything for us but make up the numbers.
    Blame the midfield.

We used to sit deep and the midfield too slow to push up and too poor at passing to make the space on the wings.

It resulted in producing a winger that the only option was to head down and run at the full back, which was easy to defend against as it was so predictable.

Then when you did get a cross in the box the striker was either incapable of scoring or the midfield was way behind play to open the space.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Blame the midfield.

We used to sit deep and the midfield too slow to push up and too poor at passing to make the space on the wings.

It resulted in producing a winger that the only option was to head down and run at the full back, which was easy to defend against as it was so predictable.

Then when you did get a cross in the box the striker was either incapable of scoring or the midfield was way behind play to open the space.
    Good point. I guess we'll get a truer reflection of their consistency if MM can recruit midfielders more capable of linking defence with attack.