+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football Authorities Be Brave Don't Go To Qatar

Football Authorities Be Brave Don't Go To Qatar

There a growing noise about human rights and the Qatar World Cup , some say they may not go , will they though?

Perhaps football now feel it can effect bigger matters in life .

Re: Football Authorities Be Brave Don't Go To Qatar

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There a growing noise about human rights and the Qatar World Cup , some say they may not go , will they though?

Fair play to Ireland deciding to lead the way on this

Good article on it here focusing on LGBTQ+ discrimination in Qatar moreso than the employment rules that have seen many (suggestion of 6,500) die already: https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/q...illegal-888155

Fifa is an organisational steamroller that does as it pleases under the vague promise of universality, inclusion and legitimacy. But the next time it attempts to reinforce the message that football is for all, remember to treat it with the contempt it merits.

Does 'they' mean countries, players or fans?

Denmark is looking for 500k signatures to go before their countries parliment about attendance at the event based on the alledged reporting of 6,500 deaths due to stadium building, lots of noise in Norway, Dutch players are wearing slogans about change ,others about human rights , Harry Lane is openly discussing it with the English squad, it all matters I guess , perhaps something is afoot.

They have to go. If they don't all those who run various football authorities around the world that received bribes will be exposed by Qatar.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    They have to go. If they don't all those who run various football authorities around the world that received bribes will be exposed by Qatar.
    Oooh love to see that expose, I thought football cared ,what next World Cup in China ?

Oooh love to see that expose, I thought football cared ,what next World Cup in China ?
    Most probably be Myanmar, knowing FIFA

Sponsorship and money will dictate as always so the tournament will go ahead. However, I suspect we may see some individual players boycott, particularly if they are big names but playing for a small country. Their clubs would no doubt be happy to support them in this too, given the timing of the tournament. It’s the perfect excuse to miss a tournament that sounds like it’s going to be more hassle than previous World Cups, and the human rights issue gives them the perfect excuse to hide behind.

Wearing tshirts is one thing, I'd have a hell of a lot of respect for any nations, Wales included, that would refuse to go

We need to qualify first, or a boycott will be meaningless.

The last World Cup was held in Russia, that bastion for human rights and democracy.

The whole world is corrupt,we are the plankton.

Scotland have led the way on this .
    Boycotting all world cups since 1986 .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Scotland have led the way on this .
    Boycotting all world cups since 1986 .
    I’ll see your 1986 with a 1958