+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Great British Holiday

The Great British Holiday

Can't be doing with going abroad , passports , flights and all that cobblers

Bung some clothes in the car , drive to West Wales , Devon or Lake District

Week away

Drive home

Sorted

Re: The Great British Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Week away

Drive home

Sorted
    Weekend in Tenby, B and B, sorted

Week away

Drive home

Sorted
    Have you ever done any wild camping?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Have you ever done any wild camping?
    I have been to Minskys a few times if thats what you mean

I was confused

Week away

Drive home

Sorted
    There’s some lovely spots in Wales and England but a holiday for me is guaranteed sun and baking hot temperatures where I can just crash out in the warm for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    There’s some lovely spots in Wales and England but a holiday for me is guaranteed sun and baking hot temperatures where I can just crash out in the warm for a few weeks.
    I would opt for tenerife in November or January

Cardiff seems hotter than the med some summers !

Maybe if it's linked to a nice pre-season tour but I like a bit of culture and architecture and you don't really get that in Paignton.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Maybe if it's linked to a nice pre-season tour but I like a bit of culture and architecture and you don't really get that in Paignton.
    Bridgend

End of

Bridgend

End of
    Might stop there while inter-railing, and then take in Maesteg and Port Talbot.

Bridgend

End of
    Civilisation....

Week away

Drive home

Sorted
    If you down Llandovery way next week call in for a cuppa

This year is a big chance for the " great British holiday " to sell itself again and maybe recreate the feelings of years gone by and people will forget going abroad in the future

I would opt for tenerife in November or January

Cardiff seems hotter than the med some summers !
    No chance.

High 30's or 40's for me. Just crashed out like a Richmond sausage sizzling away.

It's probably why I'm a bronzed God.

No chance.

High 30's or 40's for me. Just crashed out like a Richmond sausage sizzling away.

Dreadful, twenty is plenty, I work in hot climates a lot, wouldn't dream of going abroad unless I had to. Sunbathing, boring and pointless. Each to their own though.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Dreadful, twenty is plenty, I work in hot climates a lot, wouldn't dream of going abroad unless I had to. Sunbathing, boring and pointless. Each to their own though.
    Totally agree about sunbathing being boring and pointless.
    I live in a sub-tropical region, it's not very seasonal. We get hot weather from April to October. I miss the seasonal weather of the UK and the food (I never thought I'd ever say that).

Nothing more boring than just sitting on a beach these days, maybe if I was 21 with a good book and a hangover. 26/27 degrees is a nice temp anything over is a pain in the butt. I’m down west now, seems quite quiet but maybe we’ll see tomorrow when the sun is supposed to come out a d it warms up. Kids don’t care mind, they ran in the sea as soon as we got here.....

I'm addicted to the buzz of travelling to strange places with a different culture, language, food, architecture, history etc. - and having the challenge in getting around. The more alien the better. Last year I had to cancel flights to locations including Kazakhstan and Argentina and trips abroad for me are the antithesis of sitting on a tourist beach. Each to their own, of course.

The sooner we can holiday abroad again the better.

Rather stay at home than holiday in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    If you down Llandovery way next week call in for a cuppa
    Is that your home town ?

Went to Newcastle Emlyn many years ago , went into a pub and there were two cardiff city framed replica shirts on the wall

I felt a sense of belonging

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Might stop there while inter-railing, and then take in Maesteg and Port Talbot.
    stay away from lewistown

They don't like outsiders

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    This year is a big chance for the " great British holiday " to sell itself again and maybe recreate the feelings of years gone by and people will forget going abroad in the future
    Bingo

No chance.

too hot for me

If there's one thing you have got mate , its god like status

21 , 22 then I begin to get clammy

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The sooner we can holiday abroad again the better.

Rather stay at home than holiday in the UK.
    Depends on what type of holiday you're after. If it's involving small kids and you're after some good weather for them to do the seaside thing, then forget it, unless you get really lucky. If you're travelling with another adult or adults, then walking, exploring an area is fantastic if you're into that kind of thing. The UK landscape and the history is fantastic, although if, like me, you've been bringing up kids for the last 26 years, then an 'adult' holiday is an alien concept. I can honestly say that i wouldn't know what to do if i had to spend a week or so with just my missus, without any kids, as all of our holidays have sort of been their holidays if you know what i mean.

Can't stand Caravans or caravan parks, they remind me of my time growing up on council estates with little privacy and i've stayed in so many caravans while digging it with work, the smell of them turns my stomach Plenty of British B and B's and small hotels are 'royston Vasey' weird little set ups, i'd rather stay in a Travelodge. The UK is expensive for what you're getting, i do like Northern Spain and the Basque region, it's not so hot and i like the food and Culture of the region, the people are lovely as well.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Nothing more boring than just sitting on a beach these days, maybe if I was 21 with a good book and a hangover. 26/27 degrees is a nice temp anything over is a pain in the butt. I’m down west now, seems quite quiet but maybe we’ll see tomorrow when the sun is supposed to come out a d it warms up. Kids don’t care mind, they ran in the sea as soon as we got here.....
    where down west are you mate , I rarely venture further than Tenby

Newquay is nice

Went water skiing down there once , managed to get up on the skis , saw a fin , thought it was a shark , shit myself and fell off