+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welsh trio released for protocol breach

Welsh trio released for protocol breach

Wales trio Hal Robson-Kanu, Rabbi Matondo and Tyler Roberts have been released from the national squad after breaching Football Association of Wales (FAW) protocols.

In a brief statement the sport's governing body did not specify the nature of the breach.

"The three players will be returning to their respective clubs this afternoon," said the FAW.

"The FAW will not be making any further comment."

Re: Welsh trio released for protocol breach

That’s really disappointing !

Means 2 subs to give Kieffer a break have disappeared

disappointing, but probably wouldn't have played anyway.

First Team

When will sportspersons realise they are not immune from keeping to simple rules?

These young men are the latest in a long line of offenders on the Covid ( although the list of other matters is a lengthy one) front.

I guess privilege breeds a certain contempt and it keeps the scandal sheets in decent copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    When will sportspersons realise they are not immune from keeping to simple rules?

These young men are the latest in a long line of offenders on the Covid ( although the list of other matters is a lengthy one) front.

I guess privilege breeds a certain contempt and it keeps the scandal sheets in decent copy.
    They are young men with a lot of money and a lot of free time. We all would have been exactly the same in all probability. Perhaps HRK should have known better as he is older, but as we don't know the nature of the rule break it is difficult to say much

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    disappointing, but probably wouldn't have played anyway.
    Might not have started, but I'm sure at least one of them would have come on.

Not Covid related according to the BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Might not have started, but I'm sure at least one of them would have come on.
    yeah Tyler Roberts most likely I think

I always think that but then I think what I was like in my early 20s. It’s stupid but I think a lot in their position might do similar.

If it is only a breach of Covid rules that is.

Yes, and Keiffer has a dicey heel, probably a bad blister like Morrison. Keiffer is going to be fecked for us Friday night.

First Team

Hard to argue against that especially bearing in mind my behaviour in the 16-25 age band.

Can I invoke old git/back in my day privilege?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That’s really disappointing !

Means 2 subs to give Kieffer a break have disappeared
    Spot on , any bets on him suffering an injury out there yet

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Yes, and Keiffer has a dicey heel, probably a bad blister like Morrison. Keiffer is going to be fecked for us Friday night.

As long as he's alright for 3pm, I don't care about the night

Disappointing but early reports suggest it's not French coach/Josh Adams bad so hopefully they learn from it and come back stronger.

Pity for the City that Moore, Wilson and Williams weren’t the players who broke the rules.

This doesn’t exactly help our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They are young men with a lot of money and a lot of free time. We all would have been exactly the same in all probability. Perhaps HRK should have known better as he is older, but as we don't know the nature of the rule break it is difficult to say much
    They’ve not been sent home for nothing.
    They may be young, but they are professionals, and privileged, and should be acting more responsibly.

International

How do you know it was about covid?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Guess major blue us assuming it's covid rules its as bugger all is open to attract naughty beverage behaviours or ladies of the night activities . 😉

Dont know if there's an iota of truth in this, but I read elsewhere that there is a curfew, whereby players should be in their rooms by 10pm. By 11pm these 3 still weren't back.

No idea of the source or of the reliability (in Line of Duty speak thats an E5)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Dont know if there's an iota of truth in this, but I read elsewhere that there is a curfew, whereby players should be in their rooms by 10pm. By 11pm these 3 still weren't back.

Easily defended, they put their watches back, instead of forwards

3 black lads. I’m surprised Sludge hasn’t been on to claim the Welsh FA of institutional racism.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

The source is Tyler Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    As mentioned yesterday, the BBC are saying that they understand it’s not Covid related.

As for Keiffer Moore, I think Wales will start with Bale, James and Wilson up front again.

Well, starting Wilson and Moore is what I personally fear for the good of the City’s last 8 games beginning this coming Friday. I hope Bob is right in his guess that Kieffer won’t start tonight.