+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sean Morrison-Rep Of Ireland.

Sean Morrison-Rep Of Ireland.

According to Wiki, Morrison has Irish Grandparents, I wonder why he has never been called up by them? Maybe he has and refused. I don't know who plays in central defence for Ireland, but they surely can't be as good as our Mozz.

Re: Sean Morrison-Rep Of Ireland.

I think he's better than any of their current ones.

their squads for the last few years have been really bereft of quality

Roy Keane was saying about how poor the number of players Ireland have to choose from these days highlighting that the only player of any real quality playing at a decent level is Seamus Coleman, a defender in a team that rarely plays in Europe.
    It is no wonder they are getting beat by Luxembourg.

When you think of the players over the years they have had.
    Saying that, we've been there!

Regarding Morrison, not sure he has ever been asked to play for them but I suppose it is where your heart lies really.

Anyway, better not say it too loud, we need him for the run in!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Roy Keane was saying about how poor the number of players Ireland have to choose from these days highlighting that the only player of any real quality playing at a decent level is Seamus Coleman, a defender in a team that rarely plays in Europe.
    It is no wonder they are getting beat by Luxembourg.

When you think of the players over the years they have had.
    Saying that, we've been there!

Regarding Morrison, not sure he has ever been asked to play for them but I suppose it is where your heart lies really.

Anyway, better not say it too loud, we need him for the run in!
    Matt Doherty is their other one playing at a decent level, but unfortunately for them he's in the same position.

Very strange, poor scouting or he didn't fancy it wearing an Irish jersey , i'm guessing his agent could have knocked a door or two if he was that keen

could have been a very different story if Declan Rice, Jack Grealish and Patrick Bamford had all decided to play for them

I can only think he's never expressed an interest in playing for them because he would walk into their squad. Now so more than ever.

They have two exciting prospects at GK, a couple midfielder's worth talking about and a few strikers too, but their defence really is looking quite weak. Morrison would have a great shout at a cap but I reckon he's also the type of person who is comfortable saying he's English and not taking a cap from someone else who feels Irish.

We need him playing for the City, not getting injured for an international side.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    could have been a very different story if Declan Rice, Jack Grealish and Patrick Bamford had all decided to play for them
    Liam Delap is set to be the latest one.

Question is whether the FAI and John Delaney being rubbish over several years has pushed players away or whether majority of young footballer's now feel English because they're are/going to be a top four side in the world? Or do all these genuinely feel more English than Irish?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Liam Delap is set to be the latest one.

Question is whether the FAI and John Delaney being rubbish over several years has pushed players away or whether majority of young footballer's now feel English because they're are/going to be a top four side in the world? Or do all these genuinely feel more English than Irish?
    They're all English though... Their complete lack of home grown talent is odd.

Ireland are nowhere near as bad as their performances are. Mick won 5, drew 4 and lost 1 of his ten. Kenny has drawn 4, lost 6 of his. They've only scored 3 goals and 2 came in a game they lost. Kenny is just absolutely useless. Their players aren't great but he is a horrendous manager. Wales had a centre mid consisting of a centre half and a Luton squad player on Wednesday, and on Saturday it was a League One player and a Croatian Premier League player. They could pick a team of PL and top half Champ players.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    We need him playing for the City, not getting injured for an international side.
    Life's not all about Cardiff City though is it. For the players and a lot of the fans

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They're all English though... Their complete lack of home grown talent is odd.

Ireland are nowhere near as bad as their performances are. Mick won 5, drew 4 and lost 1 of his ten. Kenny has drawn 4, lost 6 of his. They've only scored 3 goals and 2 came in a game they lost. Kenny is just absolutely useless. Their players aren't great but he is a horrendous manager. Wales had a centre mid consisting of a centre half and a Luton squad player on Wednesday, and on Saturday it was a League One player and a Croatian Premier League player. They could pick a team of PL and top half Champ players.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/irla...te/verein/3509

that is not a good squad.

Their pre historic style of player won’t have helped them. Little sympathy.

Oooooh where is G rangetown Blue He might have a something to say about this the topic of playing for other countries

Holding out for an England call up.

That's a squad that's better than 8 goalless games. They couldn't even beat Bulgaria. MM got 5 wins and 4 draws with the same group of players. Kenny is useless. Look at the side Wales played on Saturday, on paper, Ireland have better players.

That's a squad that's better than 8 goalless games. They couldn't even beat Bulgaria. MM got 5 wins and 4 draws with the same group of players. Kenny is useless. Look at the side Wales played on Saturday, on paper, Ireland have better players.
    I'm not sure I agree on your last point

I'm sure there's plenty on here that would be eligible to play for England. Assuming Wales were the stronger team historically, even if you had no chance of playing for Wales how many would play for England? Or any country for that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm sure there's plenty on here that would be eligible to play for England. Assuming Wales were the stronger team historically, even if you had no chance of playing for Wales how many would play for England? Or any country for that matter?
    I'd be straight on it.

I'm not sure I agree on your last point
    We played a left back and a right back at centre half, wingers at wing back, a League One CM with a bloke that couldn't get in a League One side, with a Championship winger, plus Roberts and Moore. They've got established PL players. They're not very good, granted but they should do an awful lot better. Mick proved that.

We played a left back and a right back at centre half, wingers at wing back, a League One CM with a bloke that couldn't get in a League One side, with a Championship winger, plus Roberts and Moore. They've got established PL players. They're not very good, granted but they should do an awful lot better. Mick proved that.
    Mate, trying to imply Ireland have a good pool of players to pick from, better than Wales, is utter ****ing bollocks

That wasn't our strongest side on Saturday. It was very much a second string.

the side Wales played on Saturday, on paper, Ireland have better players.
    Come on now that is clearly bollocks.

I looked at the Ireland squad the other day. It's as bad as I've seen it.

They used to have a few decent pl players and the rest made of good championship ones. This is very much average championship players with a few pl players on the down curve of their footballing career