+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone Had/Got A Frozen Shoulder

Anyone Had/Got A Frozen Shoulder

I thought I had polymyagia but following some tests the constant pain in my upper arm has been diagnosed as a frozen shoulder and boy it hurts, keeps me awake, constantly popping pain killers. My elbow clicks constantly, and the 'google doctor' reads that I'll have it for at least 18 months............... deep joy !

Awaiting physio and maybe a steroid injection. Anyone with experience of this, got any advice?

Thanks

Re: Anyone Had/Got A Frozen Shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I thought I had polymyagia but following some tests the constant pain in my upper arm has been diagnosed as a frozen shoulder and boy it hurts, keeps me awake, constantly popping pain killers. My elbow clicks constantly, and the 'google doctor' reads that I'll have it for at least 18 months............... deep joy !

Awaiting physio and maybe a steroid injection. Anyone with experience of this, got any advice?

Thanks
    My shoulder isn't great due to my occupation, It can be very painful and sore in the morning. I exercise, warm it up before starting work and I use ibuprofen gel if I need it, that stuff is really good, although I appreciate that my shoulder problem isn't the same as yours.

Thanks
    I had frozen shoulders about 10years ago. my right shoulder was much worse than my left but both were uncomfortable and hurt like hell. Couldnt sleep on my back and really struggled to wipe my bum after going to the loo. Injection didnt really work .It took me about 10 months to get full mobility back. Dont know why I got it!

I’ve got a trapped nerve in my neck, had it since before Christmas. It sends pains across the shoulder blade and down the arm, pains similar to a dead arm, similar to a dead leg, a numbing pain. I’ve had acupuncture and traction but now it seems I’ll be having an MRI scan. I’ve every sympathy with you.

Thanks
    Yep had this back in 2014. Very painful. Tried acupuncture which didn’t work.Eventually had the steroid injection which initially didn’t seem to work but within days I was fine. Get the injection through the NHS when you can

You've got try to do the exercises.
    Stand or sit side on to a wall at arms length. Try to walk your fingers up the wall and eventually it will improve. It's a very complicated joint with shoulder, collar and arm bones all converging causing inflammation. If you can do these exercises whilst someone is pushing down hard on your collar bone, which releases the tension, the easier the exercises will become and you'll be able walk your fingers further up the wall.
    Good luck.

I had a rotator cuff injury to my shoulder about 8 years ago and have got it again now. Probably due to sawing loads of tree branches down over the last few months.

I thought it was a frozen shoulder at first but I get dull aches not the shooting pains I believe you get in your arm with a frozen shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by OISEAUBLU View Post
    I had frozen shoulders about 10years ago. my right shoulder was much worse than my left but both were uncomfortable and hurt like hell. Couldnt sleep on my back and really struggled to wipe my bum after going to the loo. Injection didnt really work .It took me about 10 months to get full mobility back. Dont know why I got it!
    Exactly this, you have it for months, no reason why & it goes of it’s own accord. I’ve had it 3 or 4 times for up to 6 months, my wife has it worse than me

I’ve had it in both shoulders (its common in diabetics) and I went through months on end where I couldn’t sleep.
    It’s horrible.
    I had to have two injections in one shoulder and one in the other. It took around two years to go and even now, I don’t have as much movement as I used to,
    My Osteopath was a great help in this.
    You may also find that you get Dupuytren's disease in your hands and fingers, which is not pleasant, either - I have that, too.
    Got to love diabetes!

Yes I had it a few years ago. It will go of it's own accord after a number of months, perhaps even a year or so. Best do the exercises recommended to help it along.

Thanks
    Injection of a long acting steroid around the joint seems to be the standard treatment.

It could be calcific tendinitis, where minute calcium deposits rub against the tendons. Symptoms are exactly the same as frozen shoulder. A scan will show this up. I had keyhole surgery for this a few years back and it completely cured it.

Had my 1st jab last week and now I have this dull ache in my shoulder and arms just like this. I wonder if its because of the jab for covid?

Thanks
    ive ended up with something similarask the physio and doctor about a drug called baclofen might help