+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unforgotten

Unforgotten

Knocks Line of Duty right out of the water. Just brilliant.

Re: Unforgotten

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    What a tear-jerker, I'm only just recovering !

Took the words right out of my mouth , 100 times better then the overrated/hyped Line of Duty which is good but not in this class .

Ditto

What's the show called again

I've forgotten

I take it this series has finished now? I've been waiting to do a binge watch of it - that's part of my Easter weekend taken care of.

Made quick work of season one last week, now into season two. Really well made and enjoyable. They perhaps rushed the endings of the various characters in season one, but otherwise excellent.

A few comments re: Line of Duty, which I don't think you can compare. Each season pretty much follows the same trajectory. It's basically 24 for the UK, very silly but watchable, at the outer realms of plausible but if you can park your brain for an hour it's a fun watch.

Agreed, it was brilliant.It'everything that Line of Duty isn't. Realistic dialogue, excellent acting, sensible, believable but clever plot & storyline.

not seen this since series 1, as I don't watch much TV these days, but I remember the first one was really good.

Hadn’t heard of this, will give it a go .

if it wasn't for the BBC putting high quality dramas out there then ITV wouldn't bother making excellent programs like this. they would be able to compete for audience with cheaply made shite programs and would very quickly revert to that. you only have to look at the TV output of some other countries to see what a profound impact the BBC has on the entire industry over here.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Agreed, it was brilliant.It'everything that Line of Duty isn't. Realistic dialogue, excellent acting, sensible, believable but clever plot & storyline.
    You really seem to have a downer on Line of Duty for some reason.

Is it just the current series or have you never liked it?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    You really seem to have a downer on Line of Duty for some reason.

Is it just the current series or have you never liked it?
    Liked the 1st two, but BBC writers have a habit of putting style over substance, and the story lines get more & more far fetched. Peaky Blinders is a classic example. Also having watched LoD & Unforgotten on consecutive days I felt there was a serious gulf in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I take it this series has finished now? I've been waiting to do a binge watch of it - that's part of my Easter weekend taken care of.
    Me and the Mrs are on the final series #4. It is excellent although admittedly all the stories begin similarly in that the police involved work on old cases, hence the title ‘Unforgotten’.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Liked the 1st two, but BBC writers have a habit of putting style over substance, and the story lines get more & more far fetched. Peaky Blinders is a classic example. Also having watched LoD & Unforgotten on consecutive days I felt there was a serious gulf in quality.
    They’re both written by completely different writing teams though they’re both just on the same channel.

I enjoy both Unforgotten and Line of Duty, but if I could only watch the one of them, I’d have ITV on.

Best we didn't tell you as it would spoil it , it could return, I hope it doesn't as it gone with a bang with the last episode , up there with the great police dramas like Red Riding https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1259574/

I agree with the OP. It it/was indeed far better than Line of Duty. This series was particularly compelling, with a far more plausible ending than LoD.

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;5180599]I enjoy both Unforgotten and Line of Duty, but if I could only watch the one of them, I’d have ITV on.[/QUOTE

I've only just started watching Unforgotten ( halfway through the first episode) so I can't really compare although it does look quite good
    It is a who's who of British TV stars of the late 20th and early 21st century. So far I have seen Peter Egan, Gemma Jones, Tom Courtney, Bernard Hill, David Troughton, Hanna Gordon > Not forgetting a nod to Waking the dead

[QUOTE=Elwood Blues;5180750]
    I enjoy both Unforgotten and Line of Duty, but if I could only watch the one of them, I’d have ITV on.[/QUOTE

I've only just started watching Unforgotten ( halfway through the first episode) so I can't really compare although it does look quite good
    It is a who's who of British TV stars of the late 20th and early 21st century. So far I have seen Peter Egan, Gemma Jones, Tom Courtney, Bernard Hill, David Troughton, Hanna Gordon > Not forgetting a nod to Waking the dead
    Loved Waking the Dead and Silent Wittness, although lately SW is becoming the adorable Emilia Fox show, she is sexy though.

Bob,

Did you do your binge watch of Unforgotten afterwards

I did and thought it was an excellent series, though I disagree that it is far better than Line of Duty

They are both enjoyable in my view but very different, both with their plus points and minuses.

Bob,

Did you do your binge watch of Unforgotten afterwards

I did and thought it was an excellent series, though I disagree that it is far better than Line of Duty

They are both enjoyable in my view but very different, both with their plus points and minuses.
    Not done it yet Elwood, but it’s on my to do list this week. Sounds like we’re pretty much in agreement about the two series - I prefer Unfotgotten, but not by much.

Line of Duty improved a lot last Sunday I felt.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Line of Duty improved a lot last Sunday I felt.
    Yes the plot certainly thickened. A few more twists yet I think

And the ACC certainly bowled Ted a slow full toss on the leg side when she mentioned not fighting old battles didn't she

' The names Hastings Ma'am. I'm the epitome of an old battle'

Which was a polite way of telling to get lost and let him run his own department.

I see a fifth series of Unforgotten has been commissioned by ITV and there is already speculation as to who will take over from Nicola Walker.

I guess they will still with the same dynamic of a female DCI with the excellent Sanjeev Bhaskar as DI Khan, but who knows?

Yes the plot certainly thickened. A few more twists yet I think

And the ACC certainly bowled Ted a slow full toss on the leg side when she mentioned not fighting old battles didn't she

' The names Hastings Ma'am. I'm the epitome of an old battle'

Which was a polite way of telling to get lost and let him run his own department.

I see a fifth series of Unforgotten has been commissioned by ITV and there is already speculation as to who will take over from Nicola Walker.

I guess they will still with the same dynamic of a female DCI with the excellent Sanjeev Bhaskar as DI Khan, but who knows?
    Wish you hadn’t said that about Nicola Walker - I saw the earlier post about it being a tearjerker and am currently watching the first episode wondering who that was referring to and now there’s another candidate.