+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unforgotten

Re: Unforgotten

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wish you hadn’t said that about Nicola Walker - I saw the earlier post about it being a tearjerker and am currently watching the first episode wondering who that was referring to and now there’s another candidate.
    if you have seen the first episode Bob you will know because it is revealed quite early in the first episode that she is only coming back because she has to do 3 months before she can retire on her full pension so unless they have a sudden spate of murders another series isn't really very reaiistic.

I’ve got through a season and a half of unforgotten since reading this thread, first series was great, really enjoyable.

I think I prefer line of duty but unforgotten is good easy watching.

Is it only us Brits who can’t just seem to enjoy 2
    Great TV series, 2 great Sportsmen, 2 great bands etc, without trying to compare them?
    Why not just make the most of it, and appreciate both for what they are?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Never really understood why some people seem to feel the need to tell others what they should and shouldn’t be discussing. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Never really understood why some people seem to feel the need to tell others what they should and shouldn’t be discussing. Very odd.
    Notice you never replied on the Tan thread. Also very odd.

Notice you never replied on the Tan thread. Also very odd.
    What are you on about? What Tan thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    if you have seen the first episode Bob you will know because it is revealed quite early in the first episode that she is only coming back because she has to do 3 months before she can retire on her full pension so unless they have a sudden spate of murders another series isn't really very reaiistic.
    Is it only us Brits who can’t just seem to enjoy 2
    Great TV series, 2 great Sportsmen, 2 great bands etc, without trying to compare them?
    I am enjoying them both. I can't really say which is the best.

But nothing wrong with people having different views on them.

What are you on about? What Tan thread?
    There’s not been many Tan threads in the last few days. You were slavering your usual bollox on it.

There’s not been many Tan threads in the last few days. You were slavering your usual bollox on it.
    Sincere apologies, two or three days passed in which I didn't use this board as I was busy with other things. If I'd have known you were waiting desperately for a response I would have dropped everything just for you. Stand by, I'll find it now.

Sincere apologies, two or three days passed in which I didn't use this board as I was busy with other things. If I'd have known you were waiting desperately for a response I would have dropped everything just for you. Stand by, I'll find it now.
    I wait with baited breath 👍

Unforgotten: I've enjoyed every series of this show and thought some of the acting in the latest series was excellent. Susan Lynch and Andy Nyman were especially good. However, there were some definite plot holes in the main story this time around (but no spoilers from me, I'm no Elwood....).

Line of Duty: while it's entertaining to a degree, I reckon this show has got progressively sillier from series to series. However, the biggest problem I have with it is that I don't think either Martin Compston or Vicky McClure are very good actors. I reckon they're both generally wooden and unconvincing. The repetitive 'boss' and 'mate' bits always sound so forced, especially from McClure. Don't like either of them.

Thganks to this thread, I've binge-watched series 1-3 of Unforgotten.

Brilliant series, and I'll be watching S4 this week, so no spoilers, please :

Haven't watched LoD yet.

Unforgotten: I've enjoyed every series of this show and thought some of the acting in the latest series was excellent. Susan Lynch and Andy Nyman were especially good. However, there were some definite plot holes in the main story this time around (but no spoilers from me, I'm no Elwood....).

Line of Duty: while it's entertaining to a degree, I reckon this show has got progressively sillier from series to series. However, the biggest problem I have with it is that I don't think either Martin Compston or Vicky McClure are very good actors. I reckon they're both generally wooden and unconvincing. The repetitive 'boss' and 'mate' bits always sound so forced, especially from McClure. Don't like either of them.
    There are some dramas I give a miss because like you I take a dislike to a particular actor/actress. I know what you mean regarding Compston and McClure but Adrian Dunbar's character is so strong and compelling I don't think it would work if the rest of the characters in AC12 were like him.

I have to say that the last episode of LoD was as good as any they've ever produced. It was a blinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    There are some dramas I give a miss because like you I take a dislike to a particular actor/actress. I know what you mean regarding Compston and McClure but Adrian Dunbar's character is so strong and compelling I don't think it would work if the rest of the characters in AC12 were like him.

I have to say that the last episode of LoD was as good as any they've ever produced. It was a blinder.
    I enjoyed Bloodlands but that bloke from Cold Feet is a hopeless and annoying actor.

International

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    I enjoyed Bloodlands but that bloke from Cold Feet is a hopeless and annoying actor.
    Was that only one short series or have I missed something? The last thing I watched left me thinking there must be more. He cannot have got away with it all shirley?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Was that only one short series or have I missed something? The last thing I watched left me thinking there must be more. He cannot have got away with it all shirley?
    I think he did you know !