+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Unforgotten

  1. #21

    Re: Unforgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I take it this series has finished now? I've been waiting to do a binge watch of it - that's part of my Easter weekend taken care of.
    Bob,

    Did you do your binge watch of Unforgotten afterwards

    I did and thought it was an excellent series, though I disagree that it is far better than Line of Duty

    They are both enjoyable in my view but very different, both with their plus points and minuses.

  2. #22

    Re: Unforgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Bob,

    Did you do your binge watch of Unforgotten afterwards

    I did and thought it was an excellent series, though I disagree that it is far better than Line of Duty

    They are both enjoyable in my view but very different, both with their plus points and minuses.
    Not done it yet Elwood, but it’s on my to do list this week. Sounds like we’re pretty much in agreement about the two series - I prefer Unfotgotten, but not by much.

  3. #23

    Re: Unforgotten

    Line of Duty improved a lot last Sunday I felt.

  4. #24

    Re: Unforgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Line of Duty improved a lot last Sunday I felt.
    Yes the plot certainly thickened. A few more twists yet I think

    And the ACC certainly bowled Ted a slow full toss on the leg side when she mentioned not fighting old battles didn't she

    ' The names Hastings Ma'am. I'm the epitome of an old battle'

    Which was a polite way of telling to get lost and let him run his own department.


    I see a fifth series of Unforgotten has been commissioned by ITV and there is already speculation as to who will take over from Nicola Walker.

    I guess they will still with the same dynamic of a female DCI with the excellent Sanjeev Bhaskar as DI Khan, but who knows?

  5. #25

    Re: Unforgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Yes the plot certainly thickened. A few more twists yet I think

    And the ACC certainly bowled Ted a slow full toss on the leg side when she mentioned not fighting old battles didn't she

    ' The names Hastings Ma'am. I'm the epitome of an old battle'

    Which was a polite way of telling to get lost and let him run his own department.


    I see a fifth series of Unforgotten has been commissioned by ITV and there is already speculation as to who will take over from Nicola Walker.

    I guess they will still with the same dynamic of a female DCI with the excellent Sanjeev Bhaskar as DI Khan, but who knows?
    Wish you hadn’t said that about Nicola Walker - I saw the earlier post about it being a tearjerker and am currently watching the first episode wondering who that was referring to and now there’s another candidate.

  6. #26

    Re: Unforgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wish you hadn’t said that about Nicola Walker - I saw the earlier post about it being a tearjerker and am currently watching the first episode wondering who that was referring to and now there’s another candidate.
    if you have seen the first episode Bob you will know because it is revealed quite early in the first episode that she is only coming back because she has to do 3 months before she can retire on her full pension so unless they have a sudden spate of murders another series isn't really very reaiistic.

  7. #27

    Re: Unforgotten

    Iíve got through a season and a half of unforgotten since reading this thread, first series was great, really enjoyable.

    I think I prefer line of duty but unforgotten is good easy watching.

  8. #28

    Re: Unforgotten

    Is it only us Brits who canít just seem to enjoy 2
    Great TV series, 2 great Sportsmen, 2 great bands etc, without trying to compare them?
    Why not just make the most of it, and appreciate both for what they are?

  9. #29

    Re: Unforgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Why not just make the most of it, and appreciate both for what they are?
    Never really understood why some people seem to feel the need to tell others what they should and shouldnít be discussing. Very odd.

  10. #30

    Re: Unforgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Never really understood why some people seem to feel the need to tell others what they should and shouldnít be discussing. Very odd.
    Notice you never replied on the Tan thread. Also very odd.

  11. #31

    Re: Unforgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Notice you never replied on the Tan thread. Also very odd.
    What are you on about? What Tan thread?

  12. #32

    Re: Unforgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    if you have seen the first episode Bob you will know because it is revealed quite early in the first episode that she is only coming back because she has to do 3 months before she can retire on her full pension so unless they have a sudden spate of murders another series isn't really very reaiistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Is it only us Brits who canít just seem to enjoy 2
    Great TV series, 2 great Sportsmen, 2 great bands etc, without trying to compare them?
    Why not just make the most of it, and appreciate both for what they are?
    I am enjoying them both. I can't really say which is the best.

    But nothing wrong with people having different views on them.

  13. #33

    Re: Unforgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What are you on about? What Tan thread?
    Thereís not been many Tan threads in the last few days. You were slavering your usual bollox on it.

  14. #34

    Re: Unforgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    There’s not been many Tan threads in the last few days. You were slavering your usual bollox on it.
    Sincere apologies, two or three days passed in which I didn't use this board as I was busy with other things. If I'd have known you were waiting desperately for a response I would have dropped everything just for you. Stand by, I'll find it now.

  15. #35

    Re: Unforgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Sincere apologies, two or three days passed in which I didn't use this board as I was busy with other things. If I'd have known you were waiting desperately for a response I would have dropped everything just for you. Stand by, I'll find it now.
    I wait with baited breath 👍

  16. #36

    Re: Unforgotten

    Unforgotten: I've enjoyed every series of this show and thought some of the acting in the latest series was excellent. Susan Lynch and Andy Nyman were especially good. However, there were some definite plot holes in the main story this time around (but no spoilers from me, I'm no Elwood....).

    Line of Duty: while it's entertaining to a degree, I reckon this show has got progressively sillier from series to series. However, the biggest problem I have with it is that I don't think either Martin Compston or Vicky McClure are very good actors. I reckon they're both generally wooden and unconvincing. The repetitive 'boss' and 'mate' bits always sound so forced, especially from McClure. Don't like either of them.

  17. #37

    Re: Unforgotten

    Thganks to this thread, I've binge-watched series 1-3 of Unforgotten.

    Brilliant series, and I'll be watching S4 this week, so no spoilers, please :

    Haven't watched LoD yet.

  18. #38

    Re: Unforgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Unforgotten: I've enjoyed every series of this show and thought some of the acting in the latest series was excellent. Susan Lynch and Andy Nyman were especially good. However, there were some definite plot holes in the main story this time around (but no spoilers from me, I'm no Elwood....).

    Line of Duty: while it's entertaining to a degree, I reckon this show has got progressively sillier from series to series. However, the biggest problem I have with it is that I don't think either Martin Compston or Vicky McClure are very good actors. I reckon they're both generally wooden and unconvincing. The repetitive 'boss' and 'mate' bits always sound so forced, especially from McClure. Don't like either of them.
    There are some dramas I give a miss because like you I take a dislike to a particular actor/actress. I know what you mean regarding Compston and McClure but Adrian Dunbar's character is so strong and compelling I don't think it would work if the rest of the characters in AC12 were like him.

    I have to say that the last episode of LoD was as good as any they've ever produced. It was a blinder.

  19. #39

    Re: Unforgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    There are some dramas I give a miss because like you I take a dislike to a particular actor/actress. I know what you mean regarding Compston and McClure but Adrian Dunbar's character is so strong and compelling I don't think it would work if the rest of the characters in AC12 were like him.

    I have to say that the last episode of LoD was as good as any they've ever produced. It was a blinder.
    I enjoyed Bloodlands but that bloke from Cold Feet is a hopeless and annoying actor.

  20. #40
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,138

    Re: Unforgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    I enjoyed Bloodlands but that bloke from Cold Feet is a hopeless and annoying actor.
    Was that only one short series or have I missed something? The last thing I watched left me thinking there must be more. He cannot have got away with it all shirley?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •