+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: WALES 1 - 0 CZECH REPUBLIC. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 0 CZECH REPUBLIC. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Talking of things Czech....... there's a Czech series on Walter Presents called 'Wasteland' (original title: Pustina) and it's thoroughly depressing all the way through. It's set in the most miserable environment (an open cast mining area), the characters are all unappealing and the scenes are dominated by tat, dirty fingernails, seedy sex, prostitutes, drugs, a murder, a tortured donkey, rape, underage sex, criminality, bullying, sexual abuse, corruption, infidelity, alcoholism, mental breakdown and a lot else.
    On the one hand it's very depressing to watch but on the other hand it makes you realise how well off you are.
    I'm now going to return to watching something far more cheerful and light-hearted - such as a Scandi serial killer on the loose.......

By the way, Walter Presents recommendations:

1. Deliver Us: a Danish series. A bit like the above but nowhere as depressing. A corker.
    2. Monster: a Norwegian series. A bit like the above but more weird than depressing.
    3. The Twelve: A Belgian series in Flemish about a jury on a court case.
    4. Thirteen Commandments: A Belgian series in Flemish and about a killer who is working his way through the Commandments as to themes regarding his victims.
    5. The Investigation: This one is on BBC iplayer and it's a docu-drama about the true story about the murder of a Swedish journalist on a home-made submarine. It is the opposite of sensationalism and the killer is never named as a mark of respect to the deceased. Due to the work I do I spotted a few major errors in the marine investigation but those errors actually took place and, fortunately, were rectified by the investigators in due course.

I watch shedloads of such stuff and
    You're flexing a bit..

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You're flexing a bit..
    I have no idea what that means but I hope it doesn't make me go blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have no idea what that means but I hope it doesn't make me go blind.
    It means showing off