+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather Wales win the World Cup or City win the Champion's League

Would you rather Wales win the World Cup or City win the Champion's League

I'm sure this has probably been done on here before so apologies for that but these things come in cycles.

Wales win the World Cup for me. City winning the Champions League would be amazing and what a ride it would be but to see our national team win the World Cup would just be the pinnacle of football joy personally

Re: Would you rather Wales win the World Cup or City win the Champion's League

Mad apostrophe in the thread title

City every time.

city , every time

If Wales do well at football bryn terfel starts releasing songs then goes back to supporting man united when the season starts again

City for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    city , every time

If Wales do well at football bryn terfel starts releasing songs then goes back to supporting man united when the season starts again
    Bryn Terrible.

City.

Id prefer City to win the Play Offs as well if that was the question.

The City, no contest.

Probably should have asked this on the Wales messageboard eh

I would prefer a nice cup of tea and toasted tea cake.

Wales every time for me.
    The champions League can be bought with money. The World cup has to be earned 👍

Wales!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Wales!
    Reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Reading?
    Or writing?

Reading?
    Now you’re going into the realms of fantasy!!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Now you’re going into the realms of fantasy!!
    It's a great place to be, you can get anything you want

Bryn Terrible.
    Ivan Terrible surely.

City.

City.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Wales every time for me.
    The champions League can be bought with money. The World cup has to be earned ��
    Wouldn't disagree with that, the old European Cup was a tournament for league Champions only 99 per cent of the time, the so called Champions League can be won by also rans finishing fifth in their domestic league - I'd get much more excited about City winning the Premier League than I ever would the Champions League.

Probably Wales, as it seems more timeless.

Is it really that much of a big deal that Villa and Forest have won the European Cup? 40 years ago but seems like ancient history.

A World Cup is still fairly rare and football fans remember who's won it.

Wales. Although I wouldn’t be picky, happy with either!

First Team

City to win everything please.

Wales are of no interest to me so an easy decision.

Why is it one or the other?

If Kieffer Moore comes off when looking tired against Stoke we're more likely to pick up 2 extra points, if he comes off when looking tired the result is unlikely to change because his contribution was minimal by that point and so he's got more gas in the tank to play the internationals. By working with better players he improves his game, and by scoring increases his confidence, so returns to play better for City which improves his form here and can take it into the games over the summer....

Joe Allen playing 13 games in few weeks in so many weeks for Stoke now is injured for them and likely to be short on match-fitness for us...

Success for one is almost definitely going to feed into success for the other, but ultimate success is unlikely for either.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Why is it one or the other?

If Kieffer Moore comes off when looking tired against Stoke we're more likely to pick up 2 extra points, if he comes off when looking tired the result is unlikely to change because his contribution was minimal by that point and so he's got more gas in the tank to play the internationals. By working with better players he improves his game, and by scoring increases his confidence, so returns to play better for City which improves his form here and can take it into the games over the summer....

Joe Allen playing 13 games in few weeks in so many weeks for Stoke now is injured for them and likely to be short on match-fitness for us...

Success for one is almost definitely going to feed into success for the other, but ultimate success is unlikely for either.
    You were asked a simple hypothetical question.
    Why have you chosen to go off on some inane ramble? 😀