+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you rather Wales win the World Cup or City win the Champion's League

Re: Would you rather Wales win the World Cup or City win the Champion's League

No brainer for me....City, I've got zero interest in Wales so Id even take City winning the Cardiff cup before anything Wales achieve. It's a love thing with the City and it tears at your heart. Anyway I still haven't forgiven Wales as I had a bet on a draw with Czechia.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Proposals are in hand to alter qualification, so those clubs with 'history' will qualify ahead of those without. In theory, Liverpool could finish 7th, and still qualify ahead of, say, Leicester, who win the Premier. In other words, they're pulling up the drawbridge. There is so much money invested in the big clubs, they can't afford to miss out on the Champions League beanfeast, simply because they didn't finish in the top six.
    Not for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm sure this has probably been done on here before so apologies for that but these things come in cycles.

Wales win the World Cup for me. City winning the Champions League would be amazing and what a ride it would be but to see our national team win the World Cup would just be the pinnacle of football joy personally
    I’d always have assumed Cardiff City winning ANYTHING would be the absolute pinnacle as a supporter but having been lucky enough to go to every game at Euro 2016, that experience for me has been the best. By far.

I have never felt so proud and even now just thinking about it makes me emotional (in a good way!)

Wales winning the WC would be seen around the world (rather obviously!) and also be a massive punch in the face to the eggby obsessed parochialist morons of the S Wales media. 👍👍👍

City for me.

I'm extremely passionate about Wales but Cardiff is a bigger part of my being and identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Both. I know it’s not the question but let’s face it, the question is a little hypothetical and also encourages fans to have to choose between club and country which is counterproductive.
    bet you're fun at parties

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Both. I know it’s not the question but let’s face it, the question is a little hypothetical and also encourages fans to have to choose between club and country which is counterproductive.
    Would you prefer to lose an arm or a leg?

Cardiff winning anything comes in front of Wales winning a WC.

Strangely I'd rather Wales win in rugby than Cardiff Blues or RFC win.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I'd happily let Wales lose every single game for the rest of time (at every sport) if it meant City won the champions league.
    I'll see your quote and raise you my left nut!