+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yes Cymru

Re: Yes Cymru

do people really think that Wales are due to become a 3rd world country ? ? ? are people really buying that

I'm one of the 18,000 Yes Cymru members. They are not aligned with any one party. They simply want a better future for Wales. The UK as we know it will be gone over the next decade or so. Scotland will leave, so it makes sense to at least consider the alternatives. Do I think we'd initially face some tough times as an independent nation? Without a doubt. I'd prefer that over being ruled by Westminster, though. How often does Wales actually vote for the party in power at Westminster? And why are the English so desperate to keep control of us and Scotland if we have nothing to offer? The Eton Elite are hardly know for their utilitarianism.

I used to be very pro plaid cymru, as a apprenticeship i worked with a bloke who was massive Welsh Nationalist ( he always said he was a relative of Dennis Coslett ( of FWA fame ), he had the same surname, so who knows ? ? ? ) I was right into it

It was not till i moved down here that i realised, The English really do not hate the Welsh, they really are indifferent about us as a nation, yes we have sports rivalry, during the Euro 16 campaign, a fair few were supporting Wales, some even like Tom Jones

Now the idea that Westminster doesnt have time for Wales, if you speak to people from the midlands or up north, they say exactly the same thing, The Cornish think that the Government do not spend enough money in Cornwall, this moan is not exclusive to the Welsh, i bet if you spoke to the Gogs they might say that the Senedd spend too much money on south wales, people like to blame others for anything they can

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I used to be very pro plaid cymru, as a apprenticeship i worked with a bloke who was massive Welsh Nationalist ( he always said he was a relative of Dennis Coslett ( of FWA fame ), he had the same surname, so who knows ? ? ? ) I was right into it

It was not till i moved down here that i realised, The English really do not hate the Welsh, they really are indifferent about us as a nation, yes we have sports rivalry, during the Euro 16 campaign, a fair few were supporting Wales, some even like Tom Jones

Now the idea that Westminster doesnt have time for Wales, if you speak to people from the midlands or up north, they say exactly the same thing, The Cornish think that the Government do not spend enough money in Cornwall, this moan is not exclusive to the Welsh, i bet if you spoke to the Gogs they might say that the Senedd spend too much money on south wales, people like to blame others for anything they can
    Brilliant summary .

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I don't blame Corbyn.

People should have seen through the bullshit peddled about him.

There are too many Sun and Daily Mail readers on this forum to appreciate your comment though, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Brilliant summary .
    Even Swansea are still going on about that swimming pool they had.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

A very good argument for more devolution and local decisions, not just for Wales, but for the English regions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    A very good argument for more devolution and local decisions, not just for Wales, but for the English regions as well.
    Cornwall definitely needs its own Parliament.

Some parts of England voted against regional devolution when it was offered to them.

I think we need more than devolution though. A federal UK is required at a minimum, with the English given their own Parliament too. That way there are 5 devolved governments.